Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aguilar Legacy Rotation

I started this legacy a while back and I've decided to create a thread where I share the story line, my favourite screen shots. For now, I will introduce the currently active households and in the future I'll get into the back story, as well as update the story line.

I currently play with ageing off and I plan to manually age sims up whenever I feel that it makes sense. In my save I also have other households set to active, which are the friends of the sims in the legacy. I occasionally play them too, so that they make interesting friends, but I won't include their story in this thread.

This is the current family tree
xpY4VgY.png
dfwrhwV.png
From left to right these are Louis, Álvaro, Cristina and Babs. Over the next posts I'll introduce both households in this second generation and their prospects for the future. When I have more time I'll add more backstory.

Comments

• Options
    mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    Cristina is the older sister of the second generation. She was a brilliant student and scout. She graduated with honours at Foxbury with a Physics degree and became a scientist. One day at uni, after class, Louis, an economics student, started talking to her. Soon after that he moved into her dorm, they became very close and eventually fell in love.
    uznKSeV.png
    7aVIG4T.png

After graduation they purchased a home in Strangerville with the help of the Aguilar Family funds and what they had left of their scholarships and moved in together. They are still very close to their friends from university and they are trying to solve Strangerville's mistery together. Louis started working for the administration of the university.
    H287zTj.png
    ci82VKu.png
    Cristina has lots of projects in sight for the future. Her talents are science and robotics and she wants to contribute to the projects from the Aguilar legacy as much as she can with her inventions. She also wants to make her inventions available for the general public and she dreams of having her own small business. She also dreams of having cats, as she is a cat lover.

Louis, on the other hand, is struggling a bit to find himself in this stage of his life. They are very happy together but Cristina always finds something to do in her free time and Louis hasn't found a hobby he truly enjoys so far.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I love that you included the dogs in the family tree. 😂
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I love that you included the dogs in the family tree. 😂
    Obviously!! dogs deserve the world :smiley:
  • Options
    Álvaro is the younger brother and heir of the Aguilar legacy. He was always the more charismatic sibling, whereas Cristina was more dedicated to school. He didn't feel uni was for him and he was quite hesitant about what he should do after school. He decided to work mixing drinks at night because he knew he was very good at dealing with customers so he knew how to get good tips, all while he figured out his true passion.
    J7RgIxT.png
    One day, he saw an ad from the local debate club and following his high school teacher's advice he decided to become a member. He feels like he found his true passion and he dreams of quitting his mixologist job and becoming an activist.
    rugqpNH.png
    He met Babs at an after school club when they were kids. When they were teens they started dating and Babs moved in after Álvaro's parents passed away. They were still in high school and they loved to invite their friends over after school.
    fMkLDW5.png
    Babs was always a sports enthusiast and she continues to practice it to this day, she has incorporated yoga and meditation to her routines and she even started a yoga club. She also found a passion in gardening and flower arrangements and recently she setup a yard sale table in front of her green house where she started selling her creations.
    OKItrZW.png
    kRnci9k.png
    Babs also has big plans for the future. She wants to contribute to the community and has been planning with her friend Alicia to buy a lot where they would build and keep up with a community garden, where any sim interested in starting their own garden could come, ask them for advice and get the equipment and seeds to do so; or sims looking for good quality fresh ingredients could get them there. She also reached out to Cristina, who had idea of a bot that would help with keeping up with the garden.

Recently, Babs and Álvaro had their first child, Eva, who will be the heir. Babs and Álvaro are really motivated and they are such a good team when it comes to taking care of little Eva, who is very independent and always tries to do things on her own.
    hSDAleq.png
    JJOuRGz.png
    pXrE5uD.png
    Eva, even though she is incredibly loved by her parents, was not precisely an expected pregnancy and her arrival to the world has made her parents second guess their future plans. Álvaro is afraid that quitting his mixologist job and pursuing activism might not be financially responsible. On the other hand, Babs is afraid that the community garden project will take up too much of her time. She comes from a broken home, which is the reason why she moved in with Álvaro so soon, so she truly doesn't want to spend too little time with Eva. Parenting is her first priority.
  • Options
    Generation 1 rests in the grave yard located at Forgotten Hollow. Álvaro had set up a memorial site in the legacy lot, but after having his parents haunt every other appliance every night, he figured they probably wanted a more quiet place to rest.
    xODJUBe.png
    Tlg1S43.png
  • Options
    After much deliberation Babs decided to start her community garden project with Alicia and the shop - she is selling all kinds of seeds, and honey from her bees. She always brings Eva with her when she goes to help with the garden or keep up with her shop and makes sure she is entertained.
    Myk7jk8.png
    9TrssBY.png
    qXGpsv0.png
    Besides, they met another family with three toddlers and Eva made some friends. And Babs is less stressed out about the balance of having her own projects and being an involved mother. Eva is also quite independent and never gives Babs the impression that she is being neglected in any way.
    P4VTTyu.png
    9XQdBHa.png
    ob3Sac7.png
    After talking with Babs, about how having Eva suddenly shook their future plans, and seeing how Babs was able to fulfil her projects, he is finally ready to quit his job mixing drinks. In the meantime he can still make decent money selling his drinks in Babs shop. He came to the conclusion that he would be disappointed in himself if he didn't give activism a fair try.
  • Options
    Cristina finally convinced Louis to adopt a cat she named Canela (and she is excited because after convincing him to get one, maybe she can convince him to get more!). She is so happy with Canela, sometimes she stops what she's doing to quietly freak out in excitement.
    ASf1mO6.png
    After going through a bit of a rough patch, Louis finally found a hobby he enjoys. He started playing the keyboard and producing songs on the mixing table. He published a couple of songs just for fun and he got hired by an agency quite fast. And it has happened a couple of times that he suddenly heard his own songs on the radio. It happened recently when he went to a bar with Cristina.
    PZFUiUE.png
    Dasr49d.png
    As for Cristina, she is quite happy at work, she's very close to getting a promotion. At home she stays busy at her home lab. She has a prototype of bot designed to take care of a garden and she gave it to Babs so that she can try it out. She also made a robotic arm she wears while working on the robotics table.
    i5k9TGf.png
    She also brings home some of the inventions she made at work and tweaks them. One of them was a signal that she thought could contact aliens. It backfired a little bit though and Louis got abducted one night.
    zdakeAF.png
    They celebrated new years with a friend, Babs and Álvaro and, after getting a little bit drunk, they decided on the fly to go to the pier to get married. They are not the most gifted at communicating their emotions to each other on a daily basis and seem to act in rushes of passion like this one.
    JBvbwLr.png
    jv3du1f.png
  • Options
    Y7yuk3S.png
    I have mentioned her before, but this is Alicia, a friend of Babs. They had started their community garden project and after having worked on it for a while, it was almost ready. Since the weather was being very nice, they decided to throw an inauguration party.
    l0W5iuU.png
    2gwTGZh.png
    Everything was going well, until Alicia, who had had a little too much to drink, decided to join Alvaro, who was dancing. She started flirting with him in front of everybody. Alvaro didn't want to be rude, but tried to reject her politely. Babs saw all of this and she was very hurt and angry.
    acaBjlf.png
    She asked the guests to leave, including Alvaro - it was better to talk to him at home - and confronted Alicia- Sadly Alicia didn't respond well. She did not own up to her mistake and instead tried to manipulate the situation. They had an ugly fight and Babs stormed out.
    XLSFREF.png
    wV6gFEe.png
    On her way home Babs tried to calm down a bit and when she got home Alvaro was waiting for her, ready to clarify things. Even though it was very late, they went up to the light house to talk. Babs was not blaming Alvaro for anything that happened, but she was shocked and hurt. They realised that they hadn't been putting much work on the relationship anymore and the romantic side of it had decayed quite a bit. They both agreed they should work on the relationship more from that point on.
    wkxgS3i.png
    r1jXeib.png
    When they were on their way back home, they found Blaky, a stray dog. Babs being a dog lover and being in serious need of some cuddles, stopped to say hi to her. Blaky followed them home and she was allowed to stay as long as she wanted.
    E5dnIHN.png
    0vn6OKE.png
    The next day, they tried to go back to their routine, Alvaro went to work, Babs took care of the house and the garden, Eva did Eva things. Last night was very unfortunate, the project that Babs had worked so hard on crumbled in a matter of minutes, her and Alvaro had a wakeup call, an unfriendly reminder that a relationship requires constant work and communication. But neither of them is willing to quit.
  • Options
    --- I lost my saves due to a technical problem. Thankfully, I had the family on my gallery, so I could start a new save with them, but I lost their homes and most of their friends. So they will look different from now on. I also lost the graveyard lot with the first generation in it, I'm so bummed :( ---

The whole family rented a cottage for a weekend. And they brought the pets! Eva really likes playing with them.
    U1qU4Ww.png
    8SQvxIM.png
    A2nAyqy.png
    For some reason, Louis got abducted AGAIN.
    L0l1v9p.png
    They all needed a break from their routine. Cristina and Louis were so kind to take Eva on a roadtrip to the beach for a day, so her parents could have some alone time and work on their relationship. Eva had never been to the beach before and she was fascinated.
    hPTI7Ku.png
    dQVl7Cy.png
    eLT0qvv.png
    It was kind of hard for Cristina to be away from work even for a weekend, as she usually spends most of her free time in her home lab anyway. It just makes her happy.
    xHpVd05.png
    Her passion really shows and as soon as she got back to work, she earned a promotion. She has now maxed out her career!
    V9kpMh4.png
    bUaKGyu.png
    Something that she doesn't know is that Louis has been a bit shady lately. Since he is not at all invested in his job as much as Cristina, he spends most afternoons home alone, and he has been on the computer, chatting a lot lately. Everyday, as soon as he hears Cristina get home, he shuts down the computer immediately. What are you up to, Louis?
    1cGqYL0.png