Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foundation question

So I'm building a tiny house & I thought I would add a foundation to it to make it look a little more interesting. I've had a look at building tutorials & they all mention a slider that appears when you select foundations in build mode. However, I've looked until I'm cross-eyed & I cannot see one. How do I get this slider to appear? I'm sure I've done it before but it was a long time ago & now I can't remember how to do it.

TIA!

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2020
    select room(click on room) on ground level and in the middle of it should appear arrow that points up and down and by holding down on that while moving mouse up/ down you can adjust foundation height
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    So I'm building a tiny house & I thought I would add a foundation to it to make it look a little more interesting. I've had a look at building tutorials & they all mention a slider that appears when you select foundations in build mode. However, I've looked until I'm cross-eyed & I cannot see one. How do I get this slider to appear? I'm sure I've done it before but it was a long time ago & now I can't remember how to do it.

TIA!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'd be happy to put together some screenshots explaining it, if you like. :cookie:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thank you both for your help!
  • Options
    Thank you both for your help!

Here, I put together a quick screenshot:
    You need to click and hold that thingy with the cube and arrows.
    Drag it up (or down). Four pips is one full square up, thinking 3 dimensionally.
    o9CQzZA.jpg

Here I went a bit crazy with it. You can raise it really high. Underneath doesn't count as a level though. I built a copy of the room under then raised it about halfway up underground. Just for fun testing. :p
    2jVLJVF.jpg

I'm actually planning to build a version of "Prufrock Preparatory School" from "A Series of Unfortunate Events". As a residential Vampire 'academy' for new 'recruits' to live in. ;)
    bpSB6JY.png
    m0A2kWb.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Thank you so much @Admiral8Q - that is HUGE help!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thank you so much @Admiral8Q - that is HUGE help!

No worries. You're welcome. :)

A sneak peak, still a work in progress....
    dZH65qr.png

EDIT: Brightened it up in-case anyone has trouble seeing it on their screen. ;)
    uZjQZ5L.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png