Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please close this thread

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to the OP but this game favors females with all things men are always overlooked just like we will never have a male voice narrate a pack its just not going to happen because the Guru's are fighting for equality or something.
    To be fair, we had Erwin narrate the StrangerVille and Morgyn (nonbinary, trans, genderqueer w/e, he has a male frame, is identified as male in the game, and had a male voice actor) for RoM. But yeah, female sims vastly outweigh the male sims here.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to the OP but this game favors females with all things men are always overlooked just like we will never have a male voice narrate a pack its just not going to happen because the Guru's are fighting for equality or something.

Well, that was a lie.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TheTwoWhalezTheTwoWhalez Posts: 1 New Member
    Props to the OP for the maturity bc yeesh...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Male voice actors have narrated a pack in the past.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    I see they used a gay couple in the Dream Home Decorator pack and renders. I think they were quite stereotypically styled, just being honest.

To be fair, I was happy to see them using a male/female couple with a family in the Cottage Living trailer as it felt like, for a while, they could only show same-sex couples. :p
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Really? They've bent over backwards to make the game playable in every sexual orientation they can. To the point where I've seen my heterosexual male sim wearing high heels and accepting and instigating flirting with other males. It can be hard at times to play a sim as straight. Not saying they shouldn't have made the changes they have, but I think they've done enough. Besides which, the estimate in the U.S. population is 4.5% gay; that means there should be 4.5 gay families out of a hundred, and I'm pretty sure there aren't even a hundred premades in the sims 4. So it's represented pretty correctly.
  • Options
    @ravynwolvf You overlooked the purpose of this thread. Same-sex couples are over-represented in TS4, but I was pointing out that EA is biased towards showing female same-sex couples over male same-sex couples. I also stated in my post just above yours that I was happy to see a male/female couple in the trailer with a nuclear family, as lately TS4 has felt like an LGBT advertisement.

Just to point out, wearing high-heels isn't linked to being homosexual (as much as mainstream media would like you to believe that it is) and that is a glitch that I also experienced with male NPCs in my game a while back. Luckily it's fixed now (for me, anyway). I hope that the glitch with your Sim autonomously flirting with other males gets fixed for you. I would hate if my married Sim was autonomously flirting with other Sims.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I know high heels or any woman's (or men's clothing for women) isn't linked to homosexuality. But it is linked to my statement that they have bent over backwards to accommodate every sexual orientation. And no, the flirting isn't a bug, there is just no set orientation until they show one by flirting with either males or females. So later in the game for a sim there's not as much chance of it.

As to the under-representation, I'm sorry, but it just comes off as a bit whiney. There are three lesbian couples and one gay men's couple. I get it, there should have been two of each to be totally fair. There are a lot of things EA has failed to do to even keep the game playable (like fixing the hundred things still broken in it), but they've done far more than most games to make it playable for different sexual orientations. So it's pretty nit-picky in my humble opinion to complain about something they actually do better than most companies.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am sorry but why can't you make them? Isn't that the point of the Sims to be able to create who you want? Why does EA have to provide you with them to be represented in your game?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @ravynwolvf Ok, that's your opinion and you're entitled to express it. This isn't an issue for you so it seems nit-picky. :)

@pepperjax1230 You've commented in this thread before with the same sentiment and I tried to explain my viewpoint, but I don't think we got anywhere. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Simtanium wrote: »
    @ravynwolvf Ok, that's your opinion and you're entitled to express it. This isn't an issue for you so it seems nit-picky. :)

@pepperjax1230 You've commented in this thread before with the same sentiment and I tried to explain my viewpoint, but I don't think we got anywhere. :tongue:
    But EA isn't going to sit there hold your peoples hand and provide you with sims you think they should include. The point of the game is to create who you want they gave us the tools to do that what more do you need? Yes I did and I still think they should focus on adding what people want for content not sims themselves because you can make them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

But EA isn't going to sit there hold your peoples hand and provide you with sims you think they should include. The point of the game is to create who you want they gave us the tools to do that what more do you need?

You do have to work at your Sims' gender preferences. It is in the game and has been since a lesbian kiss startled the gaming world when "The Sims" was shown at a computer show.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I am sorry but why can't you make them? Isn't that the point of the Sims to be able to create who you want? Why does EA have to provide you with them to be represented in your game?

@pepperjax1230 I don't think you get the point of the thread.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options

@pepperjax1230 I don't think you get the point of the thread.
    I get the point of the thread but I rather the sims team focus on content for the game not sims themselves. You can make sims the game is still lacking content to even be good enough for me to play. I can always create any sim or my gameplay style.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I think this issue goes deeper than just The Sims and is more about my grievances with the way only one type of gay man is used in entertainment as a stereotype/political weapon and how the video game industry as a whole favours lesbian couples but male couples are non-existent within it, so I'm going to request for this thread to be closed. It's a conversation that isn't really suited for Sims forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I think this issue goes deeper than just The Sims and is more about my grievances with the way only one type of gay man is used in entertainment as a stereotype/political weapon and how the video game industry as a whole favours lesbian couples but male couples are non-existent within it, so I'm going to request for this thread to be closed. It's a conversation that isn't really suited for Sims forums.
    I understand ok what you were trying to get across but in my opinion the sims team should focus on the lacking content in the game. I realize that you want more diversity and representation in that part of the game. But I rather use my own sims tell my own sims stories then use anything that EA creates. I only use premade sims to marry other sims. Otherwise I make my own families with gay and lesbian marriages and have them experience things the way I want them to. I am not saying you can't do that with premade sims but I like my own backstories for them. If that makes any sense. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @pepperjax1230 It's not about what you can or cannot create in the game. The OP is talking about the fact that EA does not usually advertise with gay couples in the forefront or ship the game with gay couples.
    Ofc everyone can make them if they choose to but that's another discussion and not the topic of this thread.

Whether I agree or disagree with the OP I do feel the need to clarify what we are talking about here for those who might not understand.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    > @pammiechick said:
    > It’s because the devs are men and they like women soooo...it’s no surprise they tend to make lesbian couples.
    >
    > It’s a crime, imo, because I and probably a heck ton of other straight women would adore more gay couples that aren’t cliche.
    >
    > Bottom line: straight men are the cause of this disparity no matter how “okay” they say they are with it.

ew. what the heck.
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    i see tons of straight women who fetishize gay men in this thread. yuck. i hope ur partners never read this 🐸🐸🐸🐸
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top