Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle is NOT broken.

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
I posted this as a comment in a thread of the opposite theme, but decided to add it as a stand-alone thread because I see a lot of people in despair thinking EL has ruined long time saves and new ones with spamming of the NAP feature and since I have been playing the pack a lot I thought I would try to clear things up for people so they don’t wind up hating the game for stealing their sense of control over their saves. The devs gave you complete control over this feature.

Guys, everything you described with N.A.P.s is a feature not a bug, and the pack is not broken. The good news it you can control it and fix it without mods.
  1. In gameplay settings under Eco Lifestyle take the check mark out of the box to allow NPC sim voting on N.A.P.s
  2. Turn testing cheats on
  3. Shift click the mailbox for your active household Or a community board
  4. Select instant repeal of NAPs and repeal any and all unwanted NAPs*
  5. Sell all future cubes, & clay balls and replace all stolen items in free build mode
  6. Enjoy your NAP free peaceful life
If there is a NAP you want your active sim can vote on it and it will take effect on in game Monday morning or you can instantly enact it by shift clicking the mailbox or community board and selecting it. You have complete control here and don’t have to trash saves you’ve been playing forever or feel frustrated by a game that seems out of control. Hope this helps. :)

ETA: heads up, you will after turning NPC voting off still get notifications that a NAP has been enacted. Don’t panic it has not. You can shift click the mailbox and see any active NAPs, and see with NPC voting off, unless you enacted one the notification will be incorrect and no new NAP has actually taken effect.

ETA: * in another thread someone mentioned that in older saves after turning off NPC voting people are still affected by NAPs, remember in older saves you must also repeal any NAPs that had taken effect as they will not lose effect just because voting has stopped and it may take an in game day or two to see results. Then if you rotate households visit all of your played sims and delete the objects you don’t want.
Post edited by Pamtastic72 on

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It has worked perfectly fine in my save as well. Fingers crossed it will continue to do so :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    Be aware though that there is a broken feature with the NAP's where the NPC autonomy commodities are being incorrectly saved on sims. I had this problem in my game and it almost made me uninstall the pack until simvasion fixed it. It causes sims (even your played sims) to still do the NAPs even if you remove them.

I also think a huge issue is that these NAPs are unbalanced and destructive. The sharing is caring NAP is destroying community lots and people are not happy on Answer HQ right now.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nope, I’ve done all those steps and still have NAP problems. I’m glad you’re not having problems though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Nope, I’ve done all those steps and still have NAP problems. I’m glad you’re not having problems though.

Me too, I am still having so many problems, did the steps nope didn't do a thing.
    I wish I was as lucky to not have any problems.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited August 2020
    Oh yeah I'll fully disable a major feature I paid 40$ for. Said nobody ever...

Hahahaha I disabled it. My Sims were doing so many N.A.P. related things that I lost control. By the time I realized that you could shut the features off, my save was ruined. Turning it off after all that chaos began and then going to each place and disabling the NAPs that were in place didn't fix it. Out of desperation, I actually did a fresh install and disabled the N.A.P.s before I even started playing. Now I play in bliss. This was about a month ago.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I haven't had any specific NAP problems either, honestly. I turned NPC voting off, though.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I haven't tried to vote for any nap after the latest patch that was supposed to have solved the naps problem (sims getting naps behaviour of any neighbourhood they visited and get stuck with this behaviours).

Does this problem keeps happening even if you started a new save with nap voting off from the beginning? Or it didn't got solved anyway?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I haven't tried to vote for any nap after the latest patch that was supposed to have solved the naps problem (sims getting naps behaviour of any neighbourhood they visited and get stuck with this behaviours).

Does this problem keeps happening even if you started a new save with nap voting off from the beginning? Or it didn't got solved anyway?

It doesn't seem so. It looks for the most part like you can avoid NAP behavior if you turn off NPC voting before you start to play the save, because then it effectively shuts the NAPs off unless your active sim votes them in or you cheat them in.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    It's still broken.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Honestly? I don't have the pack, but from what I've seen, I'd enjoy the chaos.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It's still broken.... gardening, footprint goes neutral, the neighborhood can't go full industrial even though every lot has is industrial, in a new save the industrial footprint goes neutral without doing anything

I want it to stay industrial. In a new save I plopped down a Sim on a vacant lot and took the money away. It was Sunday 8 am. Just dumpster dove and the industrial footprint went neutral by 4 pm. Started a new save. Did the same thing but instead of playing I went and edited every lot so each lot had an industrial footprint. Nothing had a positive Eco rating. Put Sims in houses. Lit fireplaces and turned on generators. Even made the bar industrial. Took all plants from lots. Went to play and the footprint went neutral again by 4 pm.

It's not working! All NAPs are off. I gave up and and at first disabled the pack (James Turner Site) because I CAN! It needs to be fixed!

A couple of days later...
    Wait, I paid $40 and I want the objects. So I put the pack back and turned off the footprint etc and pretend the new world does not exist.

About the constant notifications ... My toddler can not fabricate but everyone still get reminders in the middle of the night that they can take jobs.

Even if the NAPs were suppose to work they way they do it still does not explain why a kid turns into a contortionist (long arms and legs) when they pull out the new sketch pad from their pocket and try to use it. The sketch pad is not the inventory of the kid. What!

The patch that broke gardening! I have to work around that too!

Shall I go on ... NO! Believe what you want but Eco Lifestyle is broken for me! I can not use the pack the way it was advertised and presented to me. IT IS BROKEN!
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I did what you said to do. I still have Sims that continue to do unwanted actions. It's like it's stuck on certain Sims. I've tried them in different lots in different neighborhoods, I've tried them in different saves. they still have unwanted problems. I will say that I have not encountered any new problems using new Sims in new saves. It's like the Sim has OCD.
  • Options
    makeshiftwingsmakeshiftwings Posts: 7 New Member
    It's absolutely broken. Just because you can turn it off doesn't mean it's not broken.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    A lot of the “bugs” that EL brought I think were actually intended (the composting toilet upgrade setting Sims on fire, Sims swiping their own furniture when they haven’t recycled in a while, Sims behaving chaotically when certain NAPs are enacted, and the eco footprint affecting plant quality among others). I liked the chaos. It made my neighborhood feel more alive.

But thing is, EL is broken. It’s not behaving the way it should and has become spammy. And I think that’s why it’s got such a bad rap. I only got to fully enjoy it because I have a whole mod folder dedicated to “fixing“ it.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think rotational players may have the NAP problem worst, because played Sims also visit all the neighborhoods as NPCs when other Sims are being played.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have had almost 0 problems with this pack. I don't get everyone screaming it's broken but I wont judge because I cant say what someone else may or may not be experiencing in their game.

The only problem I had was eco footprints was not pausing. I have a mod that works perfectly for that and I have really been enjoying the pack a lot.

Thanks for this maybe it will help other people! 😁

Oh. I have the cake bug. But I just eat it or throw it away lol not a big deal.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

About the constant notifications ... My toddler can not fabricate but everyone still get reminders in the middle of the night that they can take jobs.

I was getting this, it was an outdated mod causing it. Try without your mods in.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm basically doing the same thing the OP posted.. maybe a few less steps though. I play more chaotically in a few saves and don't turn off voting for NPC's in those. I'm still playing regularly so my game isn't broken. There are some bugs for me especially in gardening with older saves having the worst of it and some sims are baking cakes when I invite them over.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    If this feature is nt broken and is actually working as intended then it’s disgraceful. I ve had to turn it off, the naps are ridiculous, who on earth thought that anyone would enjoy them. Sharing is caring is the most annoying feature I ve ever come across in sims. I have disabled naps because they are so bad but that one of the main features of the pack!! I should nt have to disable it because it’s ruining my saves. Yes, I understand how to turn it off but the point is it’s not ok to pay £35 for a pack that is mostly unplayable. Whoever thought that having sims stealing everything was a good idea, it stops community lots from working properly, the other naps are equally silly. And the other features? Eco footprint makes no sense, it constantly fluctuates from neutral to green to industrial, candle making is boring, sims just stand still for a few hours, not even any animations surely that’s not what was intended. I like sims 4 and have always found something to enjoy in all the packs, but for the first time I m very disappointed. This pack is disgraceful and if it’s working as intended, then I m not sure I ll be buying any future packs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Be aware though that there is a broken feature with the NAP's where the NPC autonomy commodities are being incorrectly saved on sims. I had this problem in my game and it almost made me uninstall the pack until simvasion fixed it. It causes sims (even your played sims) to still do the NAPs even if you remove them.

I also think a huge issue is that these NAPs are unbalanced and destructive. The sharing is caring NAP is destroying community lots and people are not happy on Answer HQ right now.
    Yes I have exactly these problems in my game so must disagree with EL not being broken.
    I also disagree with this post as I'm very much enjoying the NAPs even if I've disabled the voting. Disabling the voting gives you control which NAPs you want in which neighbourhood. Random voting imo is not a major feature.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think the Pack is not Broken, but is just filled with Bad Design sadly
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    Eco lifestyle IS very broken. My builder sim has naps installed on her from new game to new game! Naps voting continues from new game to new game with voting turned off!

I'm so very sorry I spent $40 on a broken EP that BROKE my builder sim!!!
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Well hmm, I am saying that i would ...because I have to think that the issues being had with the n.a.p.s will be addressed and perhaps it won't be all of them that will be as simmers would like them to be ..but npc's should not have ballooning inventories and the initiatives should not get stuck on random sims. I like a lot of what came with the expansion pack and would purchase it and disable the n.a.p.s for now
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited August 2020

This is why I haven't bought this pack. Why should I have to disable a major feature to enjoy a pack?
    Same with the Eco Meter. It seems like it always is going to Neutral no matter what you do. And this hasn't been fixed either.
    When two of the major features in your pack don't work correctly, then it's not worth the price!
    Add to that all the bugs that are still not fixed.

It may not be technically "broken," but the features were implemented badly...
    I'm so glad I haven't bought this pack!