August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

So... How was your day?

SamlishSamlish Posts: 229 Member
So um, I've been playing for 5 hours. I've seen a toddler age up to a teen in one playthrough today. He was on the honor roll as a child. (Proud simmer moment.) Uhm, I got a dog for the family and thought that I saved my game before she was taken away. So I thought "well I don't want to readopt the dog since her birthday is coming up" (she would've aged up without me seeing it :( ) and I went to the main menu. I didn't save except for 3 hours ago. I've lost 3 hours of gameplay, and my teen was a child and there was no dog anywhere to be seen in that save file. So I deleted the save file. Anyway how was your day? :D

Edit: All of that happened while it was her (the dog) birthday :disappointed:
Post edited by Samlish on

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,418 Member
    Well since your game asploded :#

Will not be submitting anything at this time,that would be like salting the wounds

:(

Hilda Bancroft

4g3pcVG.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,394 Member
    edited August 1
    @Samlish - I don't want to make you feel worse after that ordeal (my day was horrible, in case that helps), but you can't re-adopt a dog if it has been taken away by the pet care social worker. Or do you have a mod in play that actually does make that possible? Generally the town feels that if a sim is not capable of keeping the pet healthy and happy, it does not wish to see them reunited.

Or perhaps I'm reading too much into this and you were playing TS4, but posted on the wrong forum board? :/
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,355 Member
    @Samlish Sorry that you lost all that time. Hope your next play session goes better.

@igazor Sorry that you had a horrible day. Hope your next day is better.

I am currently trying to decide if I want to play. Slept for most of the day so I will be awake all night.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 229 Member
    @igazor Really? I've heard that you can readopt a pet taken away, and I believe (it's been awhile) I've done it before? Also I'm sorry you've had a bad day and I hope the next day is better! I was on TS3 when this happened :P
  • igazorigazor Posts: 18,394 Member
    edited August 2
    @Samlish - Hmm. You know what, now that I think about it I've never let a pet get taken away so I can't really speak from first-hand experience. If I find it too difficult to maintain their social needs, which can be the tricky one, the obvious (to me) solution is to get them another pet so they can socialize with each other. Keeping them fed, safe, and happy doesn't usually seem like that much of a burden.

So anyway, perhaps I was going on a false assumption that re-adoption would not be possible unless one is using mods and moves in very quickly with MasterController to make that happen, before the pet gets removed from the scene and possibly the world roster.

And yes thanks, the next day (today) has been much better. The stress was mostly work-related, with a temporary not feeling well moodlet thrown in for extra fun. :)
    786acphb0viikee4g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,355 Member
    @igazor Happy to hear that today is going better. :)
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 229 Member
    I really agree @igazor, their social needs are the hardest to maintain! Everything else seems pretty okay to handle.

And this is late but I'm happy your day was better! :smile: