Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How should relationships work in the Sims 4

• Relationships story mode can be added to pre-existing sims
• Relationship trait category added to traits, but you can have 3 separate core trait separate from the other traits
• In-depth personality: using similar story mode system the relationship mode to decide how a particular sim will act if another sim does certain action. Decide how loyal a sim is or how jealous a sim will be. If a sim cheats do, they forgive, be in denial, get revenge, break up, get angry but don’t break up. In arguments does the sim concedes, gets equally angry, compromises, manipulates, goes over the top with anger, silent treatment, talks it out calmly. How loyal is the sim, levels or loyalty of sim in comparison to family, spouse, children, friends, lover (1-10). Would your sim never cheat, cheat, brazenly cheat, depends if other sim cheated first, depends if married, depends if have more feelings for other sim. Open relationship, closed relationships or depend level of romance (this decide whether a sim would be jealous if they see a sim they woohoo though not dating, woohooed with another sim of the romance is above 50 they would be jealous). What stage does your sim consider it cheating level 1 flirting, level 2 a kiss, level 3 woohoo. How does you’re not single sim respond to another sim flirting; oblivious, awkwardly, annoyed, flirtatious.
• Gender preferences
• Does your sim pick favourites with family and friends?
• Will your sim always keep a secret, depend on level of friendship, depends if can use secret to their advantage blackmail, never keep a secret.
• There should be than a like/hate bar and a romance bar as core feeling. There should also be an annoyance bar for people that you don’t exactly hate but annoy you and frenemies. This could especially work for kids that annoy older siblings and vice versa.
• Their should be a disingenuous option in communication bubble. Which is duplicates communication menu so all chat types romance, friendly, funny etc can increase their progress bar but not your sim but if they are suspicious of genuine action or find out you’ve been talking behind back will lose the relationship bar on their menu depending on their personality.
• Level of attraction when click on a opposite from 1-100 how physical attracted that sim is and 1- 100 how much mentally attracted they are. Can boost how opposite sim finds your sim attraction by going on dates an the type of date going by lot type will increase either mental or physical attraction or both e.g. restaurant, residential increase both mental and physical attraction whereas art centre, cafe, National park , park, museum, just increase mental attraction and karaoke bar, bar, beach, gym, lounge, nightclub, retail, spa and pool just increase physical attraction, but not all lots increase attraction like generic, universities, vets. Depending on type of lot and level medal received for date will depend on how many attractions points you will receive from opposite sim e.g. gold restaurants date worth 10 mental 10 physical, gold residential date 6 mental 8 physical, gold bar date 5 physical, silver art date 4 mental, silver beach date 6 physical gold national park date 10 mental etc. To receive any attraction points date has to have at least a silver medal however in for some lot types silver isn’t enough e.g. silver retail date 0 physical, silver bar date 0 physical. This also works vice versa if opposite offer your sim on a date will show much attraction points they want to approximately give by the type of lot they take you on the more attraction they have you the better the type of date, though you can also imply the type of date you want to go on. Lot traits can help boost score like romantic aura increase gold residential to 10 physical 10 mental. In cheat mode can decide how much the opposite sim is attracted to your sim or other sims.
• With the communication bubble their imply communication action so the opposite will do them certain action for storytelling purposes e.g. to get opposite sim to offer a date ‘I’m single by the way’ to get sim to offer eloping ‘I don’t need big wedding to be in love’ for big wedding day ‘ I wonder when I will have my big day’ to imply woohoo do sexy pose, make a move or wink, to imply breakup ‘are you thinking of breaking up’. Depending on how attracted opposite sim is your sim will depend if they do them actions and if they have a fear of commitment trait will take longer.

How do you think relationships should work :)

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Attraction System: None, keep it exactly like it is. I don't want it in thegame

Add in NON MUTUAL relationships please EA. I want my sims to have crushes that aren't reciprocated, I want my kids to hate their parents during rebellious stages but the parents still love them, etc.

Family that means something... Please change it so that my sims don't mourn the same amoutn of time for their dead child as they do their dead bartender they ordered a drink from one time. It's crazy!

Better extended family relaionships please. My Sim had a new baby at the same time as her older child reached young adult and moved out of the house... Older kid visited EVERY SINGLE DAY. Older kid changed baby sister's diaper, rocked her, visited mum, stayed for dinner, every day, for years. Baby grew up, became a tot, became a child, saw older sister every day of her life but I guess somehow interactions were all done autonomously or through mum, cuz suddenly I wanted her to prank older sister and she had to INTRODUCE HERSeLF FIrst?!?!?!? Ugh. haha!This needs to change

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would like the Sims 3 relationships back in
    Sims 4.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Attraction System: None, keep it exactly like it is. I don't want it in thegame

Add in NON MUTUAL relationships please EA. I want my sims to have crushes that aren't reciprocated, I want my kids to hate their parents during rebellious stages but the parents still love them, etc.

Family that means something... Please change it so that my sims don't mourn the same amoutn of time for their dead child as they do their dead bartender they ordered a drink from one time. It's crazy!

Better extended family relaionships please. My Sim had a new baby at the same time as her older child reached young adult and moved out of the house... Older kid visited EVERY SINGLE DAY. Older kid changed baby sister's diaper, rocked her, visited mum, stayed for dinner, every day, for years. Baby grew up, became a tot, became a child, saw older sister every day of her life but I guess somehow interactions were all done autonomously or through mum, cuz suddenly I wanted her to prank older sister and she had to INTRODUCE HERSeLF FIrst?!?!?!? Ugh. haha!This needs to change

I agree with all of this and this is what I'd like to see too, except the attraction system. I'd like one.

That said though, I just want a basic attraction system. For example, maybe my sim is attracted to red heads. This doesn't mean they can't have a relationship that works fine with a blonde sim, but it will be easier to move that romance bar if the other sim does have red hair. Same for eye colour. Fitness level. Pretty shallow system really but very similar to TS2's turn on's and turn off's. While we are here, maybe in CAS while they are picking the things they are attracted to, maybe there could be a "turn off" of sorts, like maybe they just don't like a sim with the lazy trait. Again, it wouldn't mean that a relationship wouldn't be attainable, but it might be a little harder to keep happy.

Maybe it could come with some sort of toggle in the options menu like celebrities and eco footprints.

I also agree with the OP about gender preferences. I'd like to set that in CAS. It annoys me both ways if my sim is gay, straight or otherwise and they just flirt with who ever... it's immersion breaking. I have some sims that are bi too, and that's fine, but it shouldn't be the default for all sims.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I also agree with the OP about gender preferences. I'd like to set that in CAS. It annoys me both ways if my sim is gay, straight or otherwise and they just flirt with who ever... it's immersion breaking. I have some sims that are bi too, and that's fine, but it shouldn't be the default for all sims.

What about randy neighbours?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

What about randy neighbours?

Oh they can do what they want! :D

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I do want second, third, fourth etc cousins to recognize each other as cousins and great aunt's/uncles and mother/ father in law sister/brother in law step sister/step brother and step mother/father.
  • Options
    S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited November 2020

• Relationships story mode can be added to pre-existing sims
    • Relationship trait category added to traits, but you can have 3 separate core trait separate from the other traits
    • In-depth personality: using similar story mode system the relationship mode to decide how a particular sim will act if another sim does certain action. Decide how loyal a sim is or how jealous a sim will be. If a sim cheats do, they forgive, be in denial, get revenge, break up, get angry but don’t break up. In arguments does the sim concedes, gets equally angry, compromises, manipulates, goes over the top with anger, silent treatment, talks it out calmly. How loyal is the sim, levels or loyalty of sim in comparison to family, spouse, children, friends, lover (1-10). Would your sim never cheat, cheat, brazenly cheat, depends if other sim cheated first, depends if married, depends if have more feelings for other sim. Open relationship, closed relationships or depend level of romance (this decide whether a sim would be jealous if they see a sim they woohoo though not dating, woohooed with another sim of the romance is above 50 they would be jealous). What stage does your sim consider it cheating level 1 flirting, level 2 a kiss, level 3 woohoo. How does you’re not single sim respond to another sim flirting; oblivious, awkwardly, annoyed, flirtatious.
    • Gender preferences
    • Does your sim pick favourites with family and friends?
    • Will your sim always keep a secret, depend on level of friendship, depends if can use secret to their advantage blackmail, never keep a secret.
    • There should more be than a like/hate bar and a romance bar as core feeling. There should also be an annoyance bar for people that you don’t exactly hate but annoy you and frenemies. This could especially work for kids that annoy older siblings and vice versa.
    • Their should be a disingenuous option in communication bubble. Which is duplicates communication menu so all chat types romance, friendly, funny etc can increase their progress bar but not your sim but if they are suspicious of genuine action or find out you’ve been talking behind back will lose the relationship bar on their menu depending on their personality.
    • Level of attraction when click on a opposite from 1-100 how physical attracted that sim is and 1- 100 how much mentally attracted they are. Can boost how opposite sim finds your sim attraction by going on dates an the type of date going by lot type will increase either mental or physical attraction or both e.g. restaurant, residential increase both mental and physical attraction whereas art centre, cafe, National park , park, museum, just increase mental attraction and karaoke bar, bar, beach, gym, lounge, nightclub, retail, spa and pool just increase physical attraction, but not all lots increase attraction like generic, universities, vets. Depending on type of lot and level medal received for date will depend on how many attractions points you will receive from opposite sim e.g. gold restaurants date worth 10 mental 10 physical, gold residential date 6 mental 8 physical, gold bar date 5 physical, silver art date 4 mental, silver beach date 6 physical gold national park date 10 mental etc. To receive any attraction points date has to have at least a silver medal however in for some lot types silver isn’t enough e.g. silver retail date 0 physical, silver bar date 0 physical. This also works vice versa if opposite offer your sim on a date will show much attraction points they want to approximately give by the type of lot they take you on the more attraction they have you the better the type of date, though you can also imply the type of date you want to go on. Lot traits can help boost score like romantic aura increase gold residential to 10 physical 10 mental. In cheat mode can decide how much the opposite sim is attracted to your sim or other sims.
    • With the communication bubble their imply communication action so the opposite will do them certain action for storytelling purposes e.g. to get opposite sim to offer a date ‘I’m single by the way’ to get sim to offer eloping ‘I don’t need big wedding to be in love’ for big wedding day ‘ I wonder when I will have my big day’ to imply woohoo do sexy pose, make a move or wink, to imply breakup ‘are you thinking of breaking up’. Depending on how attracted opposite sim is your sim will depend if they do them actions and if they have a fear of commitment trait will take longer.

How do you think relationships should work :)

added

Turn ons and off are different from preferences and preferences are different from attractions. Turn ons and off involves sims trait and behavioural attitude while preference involves a sims specific physical attributes (I.e. eye colour, hair colour). Attraction based on both overall mental and physical attraction.

Based on turn ons/turn off and preference will be a threshold on how the overall attraction a sim will have for another sim no matter how many gold dates the score.
    Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on
  • Options
    Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2020
    You have so many great ideas @S1MSLYS1S__QARD . :)
    Post edited by Hope8 on
  • Options
    And I'd like to add one more comment... When you mentioned in your post about how loyal a Sim is, I believe that's one of, if not the most important part of the game when it comes to relationships. If you don't want to end up seeing your Sim flirting with someone else or cheating in any kind of way on their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, they shouldn't be able to by themselves. I have Sims in my game with the "Eternal Bond" aspiration trait and they still end up flirting with someone else at times, even if they're not in a flirty mood.
  • Options
    Lady_NerdLady_Nerd Posts: 1 New Member
    To add to this, can we have sexualities added, and choose what type of person/characteristics Sims are attracted to (like in Sims 2 and 3?)
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I want to be able to have one sided relationships, attraction system based on both looks and personalities and first impressions, slower relationship decay/gain and the ability to flirt autonomously based on sim traits (faithfulness system). I would be also very happy if there would be more sentiments for each relationship state and that it would make more sense.
  • Options
    @Yautjagirl great ideas!