Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There goes the neighborhood

I didn’t vote for the NAP And wow just freaking wow. I have been rob so many times and I can’t take my pet to the vet because everything have been stolen. And why everybody is fighting in my neighborhood lol I was like yup we’re moving. My daughter thinks is so funny because she Knew about the voting thing and watch me not vote every Friday and this is the aftermath of it

Comments

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Knitting causes kleptomania?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Knitting causes kleptomania?

No, silly. Knitting is a separate pack. The NAP is causing the kleptomania. Sharing is Caring, if I have the correct name. I don't own EL and I'm so glad I don't.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    that's why I turn off npc voting I even rotate just to put in a vote just in case, those npcs not only dress badly at random they like to do you dirty with their votes lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Until I started a new game and turned off NPC voting it was nightmare with Sharing is Caring. Welcome wagon showed up and took the entire kitchen and both toilets.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    To quote Dr Gluon when he tried to play Nifty Knitting during a livestream but he got constantly interrupted by NAPs: "This isn't a Eco Lifestyle let's play, this is a Nifty Knitting let's play!"

Does he not realize that if he does not turn off the NAPs, then every let's play from now on will be a Eco Lifestyle let's play? The NAPs are not going away on their own...

I wonder if this will force people to start new saves.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    As annoying as these features are, there is a positive to this...

Everyone complains that we don't have burglars, but in reality, we do have them now. If you want to simulate living in a neighbourhood with a high crime rate, all you need to do in enact sharing is caring and roughhousing encouraged and voila! They certainly add a little chaos and excitement to game play! And with a little imagination, if you attempt to repeal them, maybe your sim is really petitioning for more police funding to help reduce crime in the neighbourhood?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just turn off NPC voting and vote for what my sims want. Even in the saves where I want the weird NAPS.. cause I know what to kind of expect at least. I guess I got lucky, the caring is sharing never took effect anyplace I didn't want it too. Basically I only got Roughhousing and Free Love before repealing them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I turned off voting and as far as I can see there is no real benefit to having any N.A.P's active so I doubt I will ever turn it back on.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I will never turn voting on! I had a mod installed to stop NAPs from taking over, but EA’s “fix” didn’t solve the problem and instead broke the mod. I have future cubes even in Selvadorada! I keep cheat repealing everything but Self Sufficiency in every world, but the problem never goes away. I had something like 47 future cubes in one Sim’s inventory.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    Yes thanks guys I moved and turned voting off because it was getting out of hand
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ha ha, sneaky daughter just waiting for the mayhem to start :D:)

I have N.A.P.s turned off :)

There are some of them that would be useful in a different save from the one that I am currently playing.

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    If I turn NAPS off in a neighborhood where some are already enacted will they turn off? Also, can you still place the Community Lots if the NAPs are off?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    If I turn NAPS off in a neighborhood where some are already enacted will they turn off? Also, can you still place the Community Lots if the NAPs are off?

You can still place the lots.

I have a new issue in my neighbourhood. I turned off the NAPs and even though no NAP is in effect in the neighbourhood I am now playing, I got a message that a NAP was voted in. I checked and indeed no NAP is in effect. Also, stuff started disappearing from around the house. I am not sure if the neighbours are regular kelptos or Sharing is caring NAP is somehow in effect.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    joRN1414 wrote: »

You can still place the lots.

I have a new issue in my neighbourhood. I turned off the NAPs and even though no NAP is in effect in the neighbourhood I am now playing, I got a message that a NAP was voted in. I checked and indeed no NAP is in effect. Also, stuff started disappearing from around the house. I am not sure if the neighbours are regular kelptos or Sharing is caring NAP is somehow in effect.

Yes, if you turn NPC voting for NAPs off you still get the banner but the NAPs never take effect, it threw me off initially because I thought the toggle wasn’t working but it was. I don’t mind them in some saves but in others I definitely want them off or to be solely of my choosing so I am glad they gave us this option.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    BK747 wrote: »
    As annoying as these features are, there is a positive to this...

Everyone complains that we don't have burglars, but in reality, we do have them now. If you want to simulate living in a neighbourhood with a high crime rate, all you need to do in enact sharing is caring and roughhousing encouraged and voila! They certainly add a little chaos and excitement to game play! And with a little imagination, if you attempt to repeal them, maybe your sim is really petitioning for more police funding to help reduce crime in the neighbourhood?

This is actually the only way i see it being interesting to use. It may have been the intention from the start, to create this kind of unique neighbourhoods. I only wish that it hadn't that horrible bug at the beginning that scared everyone from it.

But... i don't see myself turning naps voting on again. I will certainly try to use it again, but with my total control over what gets voted and only in a few neighbourhoods per save.
  • Options
    FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    The first thing I did after buying Eco Lifestyle is to turn off the NAPs because of reading and watching the issues others were having with them. So far I have actually utterly ignored them as well which is rather sad since it's a feature of the pack...

The only issue I have seen before the latest patch so far was my Sim's roommate baking white cakes constantly and leaving them on the kitchen floor for the dog. I haven't rotated back to her yet so I'm not sure if that is still happening.
  • Options
    anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    FunnyCides wrote: »
    The first thing I did after buying Eco Lifestyle is to turn off the NAPs because of reading and watching the issues others were having with them. So far I have actually utterly ignored them as well which is rather sad since it's a feature of the pack...

The only issue I have seen before the latest patch so far was my Sim's roommate baking white cakes constantly and leaving them on the kitchen floor for the dog. I haven't rotated back to her yet so I'm not sure if that is still happening.

Ok I have had that happen in my game I was thinking he was tripping so I left and went back home