Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille

Hi, I realise I'm probably a couple of years late for this question but I struggle to find a definitive answer online.

Once you've played through the storyline using one Sim, is it possible to start all over again with a different Sim?

I only use one Save in the game. I intend to move the Sim already completed to another World, leaving StrangerVille with its original pre-made families only.

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi there, yes, you can start it all over if you want or return it to any of the other stages in the crisis. I prefer having it as a normal dusty small town so I leave it as normal.

(Spoiler) To start it over, I think you click on the defeated plant and she can start it all over again. There's an option to do that. You can leave the world in that state or solve it again. I leave mine as having solved it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    @ChampandGirlie

Oh, that's actually really simple - thanks!

When you refer to "normal"? Is that post defeat of Mother, or stage 1 of the infection?

Also, does the "hero" have to reset Mother, or can anyone? I planned on moving her out of StrangerVille and leaving the hazmat suit and keycard at her old home.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    edited July 2020
    Anyone can rescurect Mother, but they need a mystery fruit to do so. It doesn't have to be the hero.

I'd say normal means post-defeat, because the starting stage already has purple plants growing and three infected sims. Post-defeat stage has none of that. However, there is or was a bug that doesn't completely clear the environment. In two of my saves I won the fight, but still had
    the cloud over the crater and a bunch of purple plants
    visible in the world even weeks afterwards.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is also a cheat that can start the story all over again. I only mention this because does a sim need a key card to enter where the Mother is at to be able to click on it?
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt and @LaBlue0314

If I leave a key card and hazmat suit in my home and move out, the next Sim can moving in can use them, right?
  • Options
    @LaBlue0314 Yes, the key card is needed to reach Mother to revive her. The hazmat suit, however, isn't. The only place it was needed for is safe to pass through.

@Alwe1507 I think they should be able to pick up and use the items. I usually transfer them from inventory to inventory, so I'm not 100% certain. You might want to leave the scanner, too, to your next sim. There is a glitch that if your first sim has acquired the scanner, the second cannot get it anymore from the townies. (Or maybe it's not a glitch, but intended. They might not want us to equip eight sims with scanners to farm spores.)
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt - it might be safer if I revive Mother, prior to moving my "hero" away from StrangerVille. I appreciate yours and @ChampandGirlie and @LaBlue0314 's advice, but I would be so cross if my new potential hero arrived to the neighbourhood and either couldn't collect the required items from the homestead, or any other number of potential issues with my cunning plan!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    From my experience cheating the storyline back to the beginning is the only thing that truly works if you want to fully replay the story in the same save. I'm not entirely sure if you need a mod to be able to use the cheats.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    From my experience cheating the storyline back to the beginning is the only thing that truly works if you want to fully replay the story in the same save. I'm not entirely sure if you need a mod to be able to use the cheats.

@MDianaSims Oh, that's disappointing to hear. Do you know what the cheat is?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I'm struggling with the final stage now. The Infection Scanner doesn't work at The Lab and around my neighbourhood, each scan yields one spore. It's taking me forever!?

Does anybody know why the Infection Scanner doesn't permit scanning in the final stage? It did, and I obtained 15 spores from 3 scans and used these to create an experimental cure. Now I want the real thing the scanner says battery low!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just wait a bit. The scanner always stops working after three scans and needs to recharge. I cannot tell you how long exactly from memory, though, sorry :(
  • Options
    Just wait a bit. The scanner always stops working after three scans and needs to recharge. I cannot tell you how long exactly from memory, though, sorry :(

I might not have been clear in my explanation.

I cannot scan at all at The Lab. Regardless of how long I wait for the battery to charge. I have slept overnight, confirmed that the scan option is available again but as soon as I travel to The Lab, the battery depletes without scanning.

This is a recent issue, because I created the experimental vaccine using spores located by scanning at The Lab.

I now need another 15 spores but where is a decent location to scan, if not The Lab? :(
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @alwe1507 Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The cheats can be found here https://twistedmexi.com/Cheats/
    You'll need to select "story cheats" to get to the right part. And you do need TwistedMexi's all cheats mod to be able to use them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    > @Alwe1507 said:
    > I'm struggling with the final stage now. The Infection Scanner doesn't work at The Lab and around my neighbourhood, each scan yields one spore. It's taking me forever!?
    >
    > Does anybody know why the Infection Scanner doesn't permit scanning in the final stage? It did, and I obtained 15 spores from 3 scans and used these to create an experimental cure. Now I want the real thing the scanner says battery low!

You have to make sure that you are scanning areas that have the pink dots in the air, the best place I've found was the outside of the lab and you have to wait for the device to recharge. I really try to always avoid cheating and at most I use the reset sim thing if my game turns into a glichty hellscape. That being said, the scanner is SO annoying to me that I make an exception here. You can do the showhiddenobjects cheat and find the pink dots (that would appear on the ground if you were to scan an area) in the build mode. I feel like the scanner doesn't add much gameplay at all, so I dont feel like Im ruining everything by cheating only at this point.
  • Options
    @mingusssss Hi, it transpires that I am suffering from a minor bug affecting the Scanner.

I've managed to complete the story using the workaround mentioned on the Answers HQ website.

Thanks though 👍🏼
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have two rooms I uploaded to use when having to redo Strangeville and not going through the whole process again. First is the Strangeville Cure, its a room with a lot of strangeville cure bottles. The second is strangeville cheat, its a room with the scanner, keycard and hasman suit ;) I also have a room with some bizare fruit as well ;)