Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure Fans

So I love Jungle Adventures (and being a Vampire AND arch is all kinds of broken but I suppose a Caster has better 'stats' to do it with the sun not being a concern) and I know both ruins and grabbing artifacts in ruins are technically the same activity cuz your exploring ruins for artifacts but do you enjoy the puzzles or do you enjoy authenticating artifacts more? Also skeletons are hilarious! So what's the funnest part of JA?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Jungle Adventure Fans 88 votes

Archaeology
35%
crocobauraCK213Icewolfalan650111storyySabrosaAlrynnMaryVannStrangerthanelanorbretonMariefoxprice83cchant86luthienrisingalanmichael1stilljustme2ChampandGirlieLissyK9puertoricanthangpandie00Gita 31 votes
Investigating Ruins
47%
EvvieSimmersketchesNighteyesIceyJJueJuemcruddIsb917mock68loubyloulouSxcDannii202marbergemereTeeSeaWolfNateOnverserSims4MagicalTalesAineMDianaSimsDominicLaurenceJustin 42 votes
Talking to guardians
1%
Sheepiling 1 vote
Other that's not only wanting it for CAS/BM
15%
simgirl1010AnnLee87CAPTAIN_NXR7DoloresGreytexxx78ryttu3kEnkiSchmidtLiELFRedShoe7thenightcourtEvilyn_1007SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaDaephene 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    The selvadoradian culture: learning the dance, the recipes... this is what i did the first times i sent a sim on vacation there. My sim even married a selvadoradian :) But i like it all in JA. Most recently i have been exploring the temple and it's really cool. Also the archeology skill is a very nice skill.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Archaeology
    Archaeology, culture, having a different vacation world. I've sent quite a few households there and they do different things. Most often, I send honeymooners there to the romantic villa with a pool and they come back with kids.

I usually send typical vacationers to the market/bar and to the museum. They spend a lot of time relaxing. Maybe they go a little bit into the jungle. Most adventurous sims go farther in. I actually haven't played with the temple. They usually go swimming at the Omniscan pools. Sometimes they go into the other paths. They often camp over night.

I have sent groups exploring the jungle a few times. Two have died. A lot of families go there and just find ways to relax and spend time together since they are on vacation. Maybe they get a little familiar with the locals.

One sim married a local and brought him back. I completely disliked the specific sim that she married. It's hard to explain, he just was not nice at all. They had a baby who is named after him, but I disliked that sim enough that when he caught on fire doing laundry, I just said, "Ok, good riddance." That's not a reflection on Selvadoradians though, just that specific character. The kid is great though and is half-Selvadoradian.

It all varies but my vacations with the sims are typically more chill. I definitely spend a lot of time with the culture. It's nice to have the option to be more adventurous and some are but typically they bring tents, get supplies and go camping. They try to see how long they can stay in the jungle. Those are only sims who are more prepared and intrepid or more expendable.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    Funny story I got a "blessing of the skeleton." and it took me like 5 minutes to even realize my sim was one
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Between the archaeology skill and investigating the ruins I enjoy archaeology more. It was my unrealized childhood dreamjob and I did a few elective courses relating to archaeology at uni. Recently I tore down all the old buildings in Windenburg old town and before I'm going to build the neighborhood up again I let my archaeology students run loose on the lots, with tents, microscopes, chemistry stations and dig sites pulled from debug mode.

But what I love most about the actual pack is exploring the jungle: the chance cards that actually take my sims' skills into account, the survival feeling, the many screenshot/painting/photography opportunities, the creepy crawlie attacks, building basecamps and I even brought home a stray dog once.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love everything but I love the culture the most!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    I really like the temple, I have a sim who collects the relics (which I love especially since you can actually curse a sim to death with them) and I actually enjoy looking for the JA collectibles more than any other collectibles in game, cause to me this feels like it makes sense and you kinda have to actively look for them instead of getting them randomly by doing whatever.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    Exploring the forest and how nice the world is
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    I love exploring Selvadorada in general and the temples in specific. I just wish there was a bit more to the puzzles so that if your sim was stumped you as the player weren't just going with a guess. (or maybe there are hints and I'm just missing them because I tend to play fairly zoomed out.)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Archaeology
    I love the archaeology skill. I would love to be able to update the museum in Selvadorada and make it more impressive. I hate having to sell the relics, but my sim needs the money.
    Ruins are fun, but I tend to chance my way through the puzzles. My sim was poisoned twice but she recovered by herself both times. I thought we were supposed to seek help from locals in case of poisoning.
    Skeletons, I don't like them much, but they give off an old and dusty vibe to the temples and keep my sim from feeling lonely which is good.
    Others, I like the culture, wish all sims could kiss cheeks in game and the rumba is very beautiful. I think it would be nice if we could have more worlds with their own specific culture. The world is very pretty, and I love the feeling of walking in circles through the jungle. Would have been nice to see more parrots, like a tree where many parrots congregate. I love the strays and the little market place with souvenirs and supplies.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I just like going there for a change in scenery and meeting new Sims. I have done the game play and do not plan on doing it again. I found it repetitive. The Sims that live there don't normally appear in the game unless I travel there at least once per save. Once I visit there and meet Sims I see them at the gym etc. The same goes for Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2020
    Investigating Ruins
    I like accidental death and danger so out of these options i like triggering the traps most :smirk:

but my fave parts of JA is really rumbasim and all the new pretty objects and the world I just wish there was more to do besides exploring jungle cause idk what to do in the village with my fancy sims that are too scared to explore :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I enjoy both Archaeology and Investigating the Temple equally.
    Whenever my sim is in Selvadorada, I switch between the Archaeologist aspiration and the Jungle Adventurer aspiration, depending on where they are and what they are doing.
    I also like exploring the local culture and the addition of ancient curses is a nice touch. I would like to see that more in future packs.
    I wish the temple offered more brain teasers though. There is really no challenge at all in fully exploring the temple. TS3 WA did that pretty well.

Additionally, since CAS and BB mode are also part of the gameplay, I’m not sure why that can’t be an option here for fellow simmers?
    In fact, Selvadorada is one of my more preferable places to build. From crash sites, to secret military posts, to mysterious temples etc. JA contains a couple of my favourite build objects.
    I also love that chopper that scans around some of the jungle areas. Little details like that help to get fully immersed into the game.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    All of it. <3

But I think my favorite is just exploring the jungle itself and confronting the dangers within. I like to have my Sims bring tents and coolers and take their time making their way through so they have to spend at least one night in the jungle and one in the temple and they aren't allowed to go back through the main gate, not even to use bathrooms . As they start to run out of certain supplies, the risk gets higher. The challenge is to get them all the way to the temple, through it successfully, and return to town without dying, lol. It's best with a full household, but you have to pause it a lot to prevent the Sims from running back to the rental house or the bathrooms.

Good times! It's such an awesome pack!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    I recently delved as deep into JA as I ever did (and have been enjoying it greatly). But am I correct in thinking there is only one temple to explore? I keep thinking there were at least three....
  • Options
    Investigating Ruins
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    I recently delved as deep into JA as I ever did (and have been enjoying it greatly). But am I correct in thinking there is only one temple to explore? I keep thinking there were at least three....

It's randomized every time you go back to jungle.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Archaeology
    I love this pack. Archaeology and jungle exploration are a lot of fun and the world is beautiful. There are always too many residential locations for my needs so I replace a couple with other lots instead so sims who aren't into archaeology can do fun stuff in the area.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Investigating Ruins
    I love this pack. Archaeology and jungle exploration are a lot of fun and the world is beautiful. There are always too many residential locations for my needs so I replace a couple with other lots instead so sims who aren't into archaeology can do fun stuff in the area.

Well the intent is to rent a house for like a sim week and investigate jungle or the culture mostly jungle hence the name
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I do this as well. I have one or two 'residentials', the rest are community lots.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    I love exploring in the ruins. That’s one thing I loved the most about the sims 3 world adventures. You had different cultures but exploring the ruins & having to bypass all the traps were really fun. I really hope they improve & add more adventures like that. Jungle adventures is not that great as sims 3 world.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Archaeology

I do this as well. I have one or two 'residentials', the rest are community lots.

I like to have one for a single sim and a couple and one for a family. I don't see the need for more. I do something similar with Granite Falls - one for families, one for couples or a single sim, plus the campground.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Investigating Ruins
    This is my favourite game pack. At a push I would say I love exploring the jungle the most. Out of all the packs this is the one I have explored the most I love exploring the jungle, finding archaeology objects, learning the culture, the world itself, the bb items are my type of style and the cas is nice. I love sending my sims to selvadorada for all different types of holiday including a nice villa for families to go to. This is one of the few packs I would advise to buy at full price
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love the beautiful Jungle World, the pretty clothes & cool hairstyles. I wish my sims could actually live there instead of just vacationing.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Talking to guardians
    It's the closest thing we have to Bonehilda :'(
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    The world is my favorite part. It's so pretty, I love taking my sims there for a honeymoon.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have turned the area around the cantina into kind of a resort area, so my sims go there more often to relax and do stuff at the spa, cantina and museum (with playground and picnic area added) than they go exploring. It makes a nice family or romantic vacation spot, and they can learn the rumbasim and some new recipes even if they're not all explorer types.
    I do enjoy the exploration every so often, but it's a bit repetitive so I don't do it with all my sims. Archaeology I haven't fully explored yet.