Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game pack should I get

I am stuck between 2 game packs.
My sister wants me to get vampires but I would like dine out.
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

What game pack should I get 107 votes

Vampires
42%
overonCamkatStrangerthanAnmirlaMariefoxprice83LizzychicagoKaeChan2089ladybreidTeeSeaChainzzpapertongueBabykittyjadeLenaDietersGracieO312SailorCetiThenyoukissmeFelicity1169annaliese39MaggieMarleyOnverser 45 votes
Dine out
57%
crocobauravancanuckfan86Kita5399sketchesIceyJsims2freak737AlexaiSikoahGraceIsb917keekee53MeteoraStormThunderbat87Moon_WillowSjofnstilljustme2MindofyldmarkofmilLustianiciaAlwe1507 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dine out
    These two are my favourite game packs :D I'd normally recommend Vampires because I've heard running the restaurant doesn't work very well in Dine Out. I only send my sims out to eat and love it! I think you should get the pack you want.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Vampires
    Dine out is so buggy to the point that it’s basically broken. Vampires is one of the best game packs.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hard to tell as they both offer completely different themes and gameplay elements. You both want something different so maybe you should find a middle ground and see what is important to both of you.

Vampires:
    • Introduces the vampire occult lifestate and system.
    • It offers ways to rank up as a master Vampire but the way the sim experiences vampirism depends on chosen strengths and weaknesses within that occult system.
    • Comes with a new world called Forgotten Hollow.
    • Comes with lot traits, sim traits and aspirations.

Dine Out:
    • Introduces the restaurant lot and a way for your sim to buy, own and run their own restaurant.
    • Comes with different Experimental recipes.
    • Does not come with a new world.

The vampire system is pretty in-depth and has some nice gameplay if you’re into the occult play.
    Vampires can be a little intrusive at times, but there is now a door access option to keep them out of your house.

Restaurant lots are great to if you want to bring your sims out for dinner. Dine out has been quite buggy for a while though, but most elements have been fixed in the more recent patches.
    I haven’t actually run a restaurant in TS4 so I’m not in a position to give an opinion on that.
    Maybe another simmer can give you more advise in that regard.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dine out
    get what makes you happy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Vampires
    I like both. But i think vampires is a more complete pack.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Vampires
    If your restaurant is correctly set up there are no bugs. My sim eat out all the time. I had bugs when iit was incorrectly set up
    Both packs are good.
    But vampires steel my heart.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Vampires
    If your restaurant is correctly set up there are no bugs. My sim eat out all the time. I had bugs when iit was incorrectly set up
    Both packs are good.
    But vampires steel my heart.

Care to elaborate?
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Dine out
    While I pretty much agree with musteni's, babykittyjade's and CAPTAIN_NXR7's comments I choose Dine Out as you clearly stated it's what you want. If your sister wants Vampires then she can get it herself.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Dine out
    I want to say I don't get any bugs with dine out either... but I also don't want to jinx myself by saying it and then having bugs suddenly appear hahaha!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Vampires
    I will always vote for Vampires because for me, it's the best Game Pack in the series. But for you, it might not impress if you're really not interested in Vampires or the Victorian/Gothy style of build/buy and CAS.

In the end, if you're the one buying it, then I recommend to get the one you really want. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    Vampires
    Listen to your sister, Vampires all the way out of the two but I would recommend dine out as well
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Vampires
    Dine Out is fun to a point, but I've gotten a lot more out of Vampires. I really didn't think I would like it at first and only got it because it was part of a bundle that was on sale. (I also got my bff hooked on it, even though she tended to play a very realistic game up until that point.)

I'd say it comes down to how open you are to magical stuff happening in your world. If you've always enjoyed a realistic game and you're doubtful Vampires is going to change your mind on that, go with Dine Out. You can always get Vampires later when it and Spooky Stuff inevitably go on sale in October.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dine out
    Is your sister contributing monetarily? If not, get the pack that YOU want, which in this case would be Dine Out.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Zimz4 wrote: »
    While I pretty much agree with musteni's, babykittyjade's and CAPTAIN_NXR7's comments I choose Dine Out as you clearly stated it's what you want. If your sister wants Vampires then she can get it herself.

We're not certain about their age or situation. They may have a limited budget and need to share that between the two of them in order to buy content. In that case, trying to form their decision based on player's advice or opinion is a reasonable thing to do.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It depends on what you prefer. I love playing occult sims. If it was me I would choose Vampires first for that reason. However, Dine Out allows for a new lot type. The sim inviting you wants you to pay for the meal. It's not like it's a quirk with just a few sims It's every sim unless you use LittleMsSam's mod that prevents that from happening.

If you are a builder it allows you to build restaurants or dinners in any of your worlds.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Dine out

We're not certain about their age. They may have a limited budget and need to share that between the two of them in order to buy content. In that case, trying to form their decision based on player's advice or opinion is a reasonable thing to do.

OP's comment states that the sister wants OP to get them the vampires pack. I read that as OP having the means (budget) to buy a pack, but not the sister. Since OP made this post about making a choice, I read that as OP not having the means or is willing to buy two packs. OP has a preference for the Dine Out pack, but for some reason (they don't have to provide) the sister seems to want to convince OP to get what she wants (at OP's expense). It looks to me that OP has created this thread to seek validation for their own pack choice. The question isn't really if OP should get Vampires or Dine Out, but rather why should OP use their possibly limited financial means to get a pack their sister wants but not OP themselves. Therefor I encourage OP to use their budget to get a pack they want themselves.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Dine out
    My sister wont be paying for a percentage of the money but she will buy discover university later on
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Dine out
    *shrug* I do like them both, but Dine Out is super buggy and I think vampires is one of the things Sims 4 does better than its predecessors. Obviously though, if you are paying, get what you want.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My sister wont be paying for a percentage of the money but she will buy discover university later on

Not exactly sure what this means but from what I can understand is that your sister has given real preference to university as she is willing to pay for it.
    In that case, if you're the one paying now then you should buy the GP that you want.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Dine out
    If you lean more towards Dine Out, then get Dine Out.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Vampires
    Vampires, the best GP hands down <3. I would choose Dine Out but it's a buggy mess still ;-;.
  • Options

We're not certain about their age. They may have a limited budget and need to share that between the two of them in order to buy content. In that case, trying to form their decision based on player's advice or opinion is a reasonable thing to do.

OP's comment states that the sister wants OP to get them the vampires pack. I read that as OP having the means (budget) to buy a pack, but not the sister. Since OP made this post about making a choice, I read that as OP not having the means or is willing to buy two packs. OP has a preference for the Dine Out pack, but for some reason (they don't have to provide) the sister seems to want to convince OP to get what she wants (at OP's expense). It looks to me that OP has created this thread to seek validation for their own pack choice. The question isn't really if OP should get Vampires or Dine Out, but rather why should OP use their possibly limited financial means to get a pack their sister wants but not OP themselves. Therefor I encourage OP to use their budget to get a pack they want themselves.

That could be the case, although it's not entirely clear to me from the question. It's possible that OP is looking after the shared budget and has to order the game for the two of them.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Dine out
    How buggy is dine out because I might just get vampires
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    edited July 2020
    Vampires
    Vampires gives you a new world with cool Victorian outfits, furnitures & decors. Also, a cool new lifestate with power perks & weaknesses.

Dine Out restaurant venue doesn't work well.
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Dine out
    If it's your money, you should choose whichever game pack you want... but I do highly recommend 'Dine Out'.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg