Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Undeclared Major

I miss having the undeclared major for the university. Not all my sims know exactly what they want to do so having that option for the first semester would be cool.

Comments

• Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Yes, totally. Not everyone knows what they want to do. And easier way to change majors would be nice. Though adding after-school activities would I think help fix this issue for me. Sims 4 requires so much creativity on the players part to keep the game interesting.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    dg51829 wrote: »
    Yes, totally. Not everyone knows what they want to do. And easier way to change majors would be nice. Though adding after-school activities would I think help fix this issue for me. Sims 4 requires so much creativity on the players part to keep the game interesting.

Exactly!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I miss having the undeclared major for the university. Not all my sims know exactly what they want to do so having that option for the first semester would be cool.

I always found it to be a weird concept.
    I don't know anyone who went to uni without knowing exactly what course they were going to do. Our schooling is structured such that most people choose their direction at the end of year 10, years 11 and 12 are where you get the prerequisites for the course you're aiming for.
    Much of our year 12 is similar to the first year of uni in the US.

If you want to be a rocket scientist, you're gonna have to know that in year 10, so that in year 11 and 12, you're doing physics, and the right kinds of maths. There's no point in filling up your time table with arts and humanities subjects, when the requirements for astro/quantum physics are so heavy on maths and physics.

I've never understood the concept of wasting a year at uni, not knowing what you want to do. Doesn't that cost a lot of money?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif