Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't get an old world I created to reinstall no matter what I do for some reason. Solved!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
Sorry to be gone from this forum for so long and than come back on something so negative. I world I created called Mystic Stone Bay, for some reason will no longer run properly, or even install properly for that matter. Every time I try to reinstall it, the game tells me its already installed. I check with the installed content and its nowhere to be found. I've download it again, both from Media Fire and the Exchange, so I have no idea what's causing the problem. Can anyone help me out here?
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The issue may be a corrupt or leftover file somewhere in your Sims 3 user data folder. The first place I'd look is in the InstalledWorlds folder, in case the .world file didn't get deleted. You can also try removing the highest-numbered .dbc file in DCCache to see whether it helps. These files are bundled custom content (the .ebc files are store stuff), so any cc you installed through the launcher would have an entry in one of these bundles.

It's often more complicated though to try to find that file than it is to start fresh. Try installing the world into a clean folder: Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and download it into that.

If this works, you can transfer your saves and other content into the new Sims 3 folder and go on playing. The one catch is that your .dbc files need to be numbered sequentially, so the new one created when you install the world needs to be renamed to fit with the .dbc files you're moving over. For example, if your old files are dcdb0 through dcdb4.dbc, the new file in the new folder will automatically be named dcdb0 as well, and you'll need to change that to dcdb5.dbc to make sure the files are all read correctly. This assumes you have other Sims3pack-based custom content you want to keep; if not, don't bother moving the .dbc files over at all.

Here's a list of the content in your user data folder, so you know what else to move over:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html
  • Options
    Thanks @puzzlezaddict! I will try that tomorrow.
  • Options
    I tried it, and it worked. Although I went a bit further than you suggested and just deleted everything associated with the Sims 3 on my hard drive and reinstalled everything. However it still worked! So Thanks again @puzzlezaddict! You are a life saver!
  • Options
    Sorry Guys, I spoke too soon. It appeared to install and I thought it was fixed. It, even went into the installed folder and now its not showing up again. I thought it worked and than I went back to play the game today. It didn't work. It still didn't install properly. :( I'm sorry, especially to @puzzlezaddict. I don't know what to do now. Thanks
  • Options
    Okay, it appears to be working now thanks @Rflong7. She helped me out by sending me the "installed worlds" file directly.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Good, @Damienf519. The world is nice. I'm hoping you can work on it more if that's your intention in going back to playing it. I'm planning to download it if it's still at Sims3Exchange. I figure I might as well have a good selection of worlds to play in.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer Its still there and it should be as long as the exchange is there, and if not I have uploaded Mystic Stone Bay to Media Fire. I do not intend on making any changes to it, because its the final version.

I am however currently working on a new world, but I can't say when I will finish it, or even when it will be available for play testing at the moment.