Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faye Harris:Horrid Plant Thief Beware

Faye Harris is a horrid plant thief and I must warn all my fellow sims! Let me start from the beginning.

I came home after working out in the community to further bring awareness of how voting can make a difference. I see some lady, I've never met, standing on my porch. Being the kind neighbor I am, I invited her in and we got to chatting. I thought, "Faye seems nice enough," but I was wrong. I get up to turn some music on and she slinks outside. I look out my window and this lady is picking all my precious flowers! I've been growing Birds Of Paradise to not only make money but to bring some beauty to this neighborhood. This lady has stolen over 1k simoleons worth of my flowers.
Faye Harris you might have others fooled but you've made an enemy out of Presley Holbrook! >:)

Beware of this plant thieving *insert forbiddin words here*.

IQRXaEf.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Interesting. Could it be due to the Freegan trait?

I've not had this issue, primarily because I replaced the Freegan trait (as I typically do with certain negative traits if I want a Sim to interact with a certain premade) with something else. It surprises me how certain Sims, in the manner of the clothing and hair chosen by Maxis makes them look ugly, when with all that changed out, is a pretty decent looking Sim. Same goes for Lana McKinnon from DU.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    That's why I lock the front door and have no gates to the back yard on my lot.
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »

I've not had this issue, primarily because I replaced the Freegan trait (as I typically do with certain negative traits if I want a Sim to interact with a certain premade) with something else. It surprises me how certain Sims, in the manner of the clothing and hair chosen by Maxis makes them look ugly, when with all that changed out, is a pretty decent looking Sim. Same goes for Lana McKinnon from DU.

I have no clue. Shortly after some other guy said "hi" to my sim then tried to jack my Basil. So, now I have to build a greenhouse and lock it.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    FaeChai wrote: »

I have no clue. Shortly after some other guy said "hi" to my sim then tried to jack my Basil. So, now I have to build a greenhouse and lock it.

Click on your sim's mailbox. You should have some options, and one of those options will let you see what NAPs you have going on in your community.
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    FaeChai wrote: »

Click on your sim's mailbox. You should have some options, and one of those options will let you see what NAPs you have going on in your community.

Green Gardening the problem? They should go plant their own plants. :s
  • Options
    HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    The other day one of the famous Sims stolen some of my honey and I havent got the sharing caring nap lol
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My garden was raided when townies enacted the Sharing is Caring NAP. Now I shift-click to correct such excesses of democracy.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    This is why we in the uk have fences! We do have garden theft in reality over here. Put a no trespassing lock on your gate to the garden! :D
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This whole thread is hysterical.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    So now am I to believe that “green gardening” encourages theft as well as “sharing is caring?” So which NAP’s are not about robbing your neighbor?
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    My neighborhood has "Promote Creative Arts" and "Self Sufficiency" enacted. Sims visiting my house often attempt to harvest the plants in my extensive greenhouse garden, to the extent that I've locked the doors to it. Luckily no one has attempted to "harvest" anything else from my house, or I might have to quit allowing visitors altogether.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    DDanteeDDantee Posts: 2 New Member
    It would be a shame of her house caught fire..
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    DDantee wrote: »
    It would be a shame of her house caught fire..

All the firemen should have the right of entry into any house or lot without problems as they do in real life but I haven't tried that out in the game yet!
  • Options
    ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2020
    In my game I had only Rock Your Body in effect when I noticed one of my guests harvesting my garden so I don't really think it's NAP related issue. The thieving sim also doesn't have the Freegan trait but she is Green Fiend... in addition to being genius slob.
    Usually the dad in my family does harvesting very early in the morning (they only have a small vegetable garden) so I haven't noticed it happening more then that one time.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The green gardening NAP lets the NPC's and townies just take your flowers. They will also water and weed, so that's a little more helpful.

My ghosts rob me nightly of my plants if I don't wake my sims up early enough to go harvest them at spawn...
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    ambara wrote: »
    In my game I had only Rock Your Body in effect when I noticed one of my guests harvesting my garden so I don't really think it's NAP related issue. The thieving sim also doesn't have the Freegan trait but she is Green Fiend... in addition to being genius slob.
    Usually the dad in my family does harvesting very early in the morning (they only have a small vegetable garden) so I haven't noticed it happening more then that one time.

There's a bug that all NAPS across all neighbourhoods apply to all NPC's though, so if this NAP is literally anywhere in your save file, this can happen. :|
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Knox and Blossom harvest plants also. I always have to make sure everything is harvested or they wipe me out.
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    The other day one of the famous Sims stolen some of my honey and I havent got the sharing caring nap lol

They were only looking for a small smackeral!
    You should edit them in CAS to wear a red t-shirt, no pants, and a dumb bear hat around town as punishment. :D