Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that disables meteor showers in Dystopian Oasis landing?

So I've recently started playing the sims 3 again, and I was wanting to do a save file in Dystopian Oasis Landing, but I'd rather not deal with the meteor showers. Is there a mod that disables meteor showers in Dystopian Oasis landing?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Nraas's Retuner mod might do that, but I'm not sure. Try going to their site and asking there.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Try this: I'm not sure if it will disable the meteors in Dystopia, but it can't hurt to set the chances to O%.

NRaas Retuner.
    Retuner > ... > Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous.Meteor > kRandomMeteorChance > (default is 0.0001)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Try this: I'm not sure if it will disable the meteors in Dystopia, but it can't hurt to set the chances to O%.

NRaas Retuner.
    Retuner > ... > Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous.Meteor > kRandomMeteorChance > (default is 0.0001)

That's the tuning for Ambitions meteors. Note how low the default chance of one striking is, which is why so many players never or rarely see one unless it is summoned by some other force. The ITF MeteorShower is a different object.

The setting should be under Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous.MeteorShower > kRandomMeteorShowerChance > (default is 0.4, a much higher value than 0.0001 is).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2020
    So you mean in my case, @igazor, I should set the meteor chances up to 1.0? As in there should be meteors dropping out of the skies everytime a sim turns around? That would be soooooo sweet. My sims would be constantly terrified. :mrgreen: Just the way I like it. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer - That would be a question for whoever at EA designed the Meteor Manager™ in this game, but they unfortunately did not sign their work. I can't vouch for the results at 1.0, it could be anywhere from mildly amusing (I've already seen by way of screenshots what happens when a thousand Krakens spawn in one place) to game-breaking. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net