Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Much Simoleons

For some reason my sim family has too much simoleons. They live in a huge house but the bills total like 300 simoleons every week and then people keep sending them money via phone calls. I was hoping that the bigger the house the more it would cost each week. How do I increase my bills?
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Its seems that lot taxes is capped at 300 which is not correct. They need to fix it!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hopefully they fix it soon. Everything is too cheap, bills are low.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Am I the only person who gets 800$ bills in normal houses?
    Why always me?! 😭
    It must be that 3d blickblock machine
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Am I the only person who gets 800$ bills in normal houses?
    Why always me?! 😭
    It must be that 3d blickblock machine

Yep! Same here. I kept finding 500 simoleon bills in the mailbox and all of a sudden, there was this week my sim got a 1,100 simoleon bill.(because of power usage) Wonder what used up THAT much power :confused: someone must have siphoned it!

And bills when off-the-grid! Seriously? The whole point to go off the grid is to not get annoying bills to my door. A room for improvement, I guess.
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I made a 2 storey "apartment" with 4 Sims (2 in each) after I sold their previous house and moved into the empty lot I had over $70k left to spend.

When I was finished building there was $2k left.
    Bills - $300.

There is DEFINITELY something wrong lol xD
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    qtnikki wrote: »
    For some reason my sim family has too much simoleons. They live in a huge house but the bills total like 300 simoleons every week and then people keep sending them money via phone calls. I was hoping that the bigger the house the more it would cost each week. How do I increase my bills?

I'm having the opposite issue. In my sim's case, she also lives in an apartment, is a struggling university student living off-campus, and a certain someone keeps calling her up asking for a thousand semolians to make their dreams come true. I actually had to use a money cheat to give her, her scholarship money, otherwise, she would not have had enough to pay her rent and utilities. She just took on a roommate to help make ends meet, at least till she finishes up school. Don't get me wrong, I hope they don't change this because this is the first sim in a very long time that money did not come easy to.