Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I uninstall individual packs? Plz help..

I want to uninstall the recent expansion because community voting has messed up my game. Some reason sims are taking back other communities community voted behavior with them back home. Is there any possible way to get rid of one pack? If not, will uninstalling the entire game erase my saves and sims?
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have not tried it yet, but maybe you can disable the NAPs in the game options? Or do the sims still have the buffs?

If you want to uninstall, for console the solution is apparently to uninstall the game and then reinstall it without the dlc. I don't have the sims 4 on console so I am not sure exactly how you can do that, but I guess it is possible.

• Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I’ve disabled the NAPs but it’s too late for me to do anything since everything is voted on. They still have the buffs and they won’t go away when they are gone from the neighborhood or when voting is shut off. I’m afraid they will pile up with buffs from traveling to other community lots.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can check out this link. James provides a way to disable packs. https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

Also, if you are not opposed to mods you can download UI cheats mod to remove buffs.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068

Edit: sorry didn’t realize you were playing on console.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Which console are you on? For the Xbox, you can go into the game info and under manage game they show a list of everything installed. Maybe it can be done there. I haven't tried.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    If you are on PlayStation uninstalling everything will not get rid of your saves. That can only be done by deleting your save data.

I think the only way to uninstall one piece of of Dlc is to uninstall the whole game and re install without the dlc you don’t want.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    @Yamsisims Playing on the PS4. I had to remove EL from my game. N.A.P.s are currently bugged making sims go haywire causing irreversible damage to all sims. It’s a well known issue on EA answers.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I was tempted to uninstall everything because of the expansion pack. Everything is lagging. I think I should remove it just so I can actually play. I wish I didn't have to uninstall everything though.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!