Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do with this arguing couple?

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
Claire Stripes and Syrup Pancakes used to be the sweetest couple. They have twin boys who are kids now. Claire is in the criminal career and Syrup in the art critic career. Their problems started when on their engagement night Claire thought that Syrup was flirting with a man in a restaurant. It broke their relationship. They argue a lot and the relationship bars are well in red. When around Claire Syrup gets the tense stranger danger moodlet. Claire has cheated on Syrup. I wrote about them in my blog if you want to check out that. It was before things got bad.

JI2zy2Z.png

What to do with this arguing couple? 53 votes

Keep them like that
16%
alexspoom13SnuffyBucketjoleacoBreazonaDominicLaurencepinneduphairNindigoQueenofMyshunoWatermelonBomb 9 votes
Try to work out their problems
16%
Kita5399jeLlyBeAn1573Mariefoxprice83A_MomEnkiSchmidtHopeyStarrSERVERFRARouensimsSapphire769 9 votes
Get them to break up
58%
crocobauraColorist40TheSpotted_CStrangerthanfreindlylolloubyloulouMindofytaydevpapertonguebixtersannaliese39MaggieMarleyDoloresGreyChadSims2Wintermist_SWECici783dreamprisonerQuillWritersuperkyle221Laira 31 votes
Other
7%
sennawalesNRoweGracelishJust_Peachy 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2020
    Get them to break up
    They should split up ASAP. They have children. Such behaviour is NOT a good example. Would the parents want their children to lead such life and be in such (toxic) relationship? Any parent would not like to see their child to suffer. Absolutely unacceptable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Get them to break up
    I think, since they've both cheated on each other (unless Syrup didn't actually flirt in the restaurant?), their relationship has run its course.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Keep them like that
    Sims need to cool off away from one another before they can try and get along again. Otherwise, the relationship will just keep spiralling down.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Sims need to cool off away from one another before they can try and get along again. Otherwise, the relationship will just keep spiralling down.

I have to admit I have purposefully played them like that, just grabbed the opportunity. On their own they usually chat nicely because that's how the game is like. I like a little drama sometimes, just not sure how to continue with it.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Keep them like that
    Hmm, in that case.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    It sounds like a misunderstanding so I’d try to work it out. If they can it’s better for the kids than if they split up. But if they can’t or won’t work it out then definitely break up.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Keep them like that
    Keep them like that. Have the kids be affected by it and grow up with issues. Having every family be super happy is boring.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Get them to break up
    Break them up then make Syrup kick Claire out of the house. Syrup keeps the kids but can't handle everything on her own so she calls her mother to move with her and help her raise them.
    Claire moves to his own place, maybe just a small apartment for starters. Since he's lonely he decides to adopt a dog, maybe a beagle?
    He keeps having girls over and just living as a single man but something is missing. Maybe another dog?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Keep them like that
    Happiness is the end of story. I'd keep them like that for now, Claire in an open relationship without consentiment and hidden away, as the good hypocrite she is, and Syrup trying to figure it out his sexuality in clear view, since he seems to be aware something's off in the relationship and more willing to change.

Elders don't get much appreciation from simmers, but we all forget it's meant to be the age of wisdom. I would leave the resolution of the drama for when it's about to seem like too late, and get the closure before the final act ends.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other
    I decided once to play the Pancakes, since their backstory was a less-than-perfect marriage and because doing the same-old-same-old with blissfully happy families can be boring. I decided to go with their whims.
    At first they definitely did not get along (and they weren't in the red like your couple). Every time one would have a whim to chat or flirt, the other would quickly revert back to ignoring them...
    Then, things kinda went back to good. They ended up having two daughters. I wrote a whole blog about it way back when and Bob was one of my only Sims to ever die (of natural causes in his case...)

So that is what I would suggest. Go with the whims. If you are leaning towards a break-up, have a couple of arguments/mean interactions first. That will make them more likely to want to continue in that vein. Otherwise, see what happens, chances are they may (eventually) choose to reconcile. Once the children are a little older, "Help fix bad relationship" interaction might help too..
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Other
    This is a Sims game, so the answer is a "mysterious" death.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Stay married but make Claire a Black Widow. Lol
  • Options
    GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    Other
    Since Claire has cheated on Syrup, I say make her have another one night stand with the same sim and let her become pregnant.

I assume Claire may be more on the wicked side given her choice of career...so make them patch things up and get those relationship bars back in the green and pink...potentially tricking Syrup into thinking he's going to be the father of an upcoming addition to the family.

Or if that's not a part of Claire's character to be dishonest, force the couple to work out their differences and woohoo. And still have her get impregnated by a different sim and so it's like Claire is unaware of who the father really is.
    here's hoping we collide
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get them to break up
    Break up, Syrup deserves better than that cheater! "Syrup gets the tense stranger danger moodlet" he's got her figured out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate the ideas! At this moment I'm leaning to either keep them like that (I don't have many arguing sim couples so they're different at least). I like @DominicLaurence 's suggestion that the resolution would come very late for them. Another option I'm considering is the popular vote get them to break up. I would have Claire move out of the house because she's a tiny bit evil. She would move to Arts District in San Myshuno and have the kids come over every other weekend. After thinking about it I don't really want to have them work out their problems, because I feel that all the arguments would be forgotten and they would just like all my other sim couples. Maybe I could have them first break up and then if the chemistry is strong they would get back together at some point. That's a possibility.
    Post edited by musteni on