Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hey everyone, sorry my life's been a little crazy right now. I find myself perpetually tired and overwhelmed by the state of things in the world right now. I'm trying to work through a bunch of changes and angst right now so I apologize if I'm not around that often and I'm reading your stories at snail's pace.

I wondered if it makes sense to read a large section of my story this week or if everyone would appreciate a smaller section (1 arc) or a week off. I was originally thinking Arcs 13-15 (16 chapters), but now that I look at it, that's a lot of chapters. Maybe arcs 13-14 would be more manageable (9 chapters) or just arc 13 (6 chapters).

I know everyone's been busy and some of us haven't been able to be around as much, including me. I want to be respectful of everyone's time and mindset.
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I'll come back to your replies later, but in regards to your story, I'm obviously done so in terms of reading it doesn't really matter but for questions, I'd say 13-14 would be fine with me!

I haven't seen @_sims_Yimi and @ajamkeevin all week, are you guys doing okay?
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    13-14 is also okay for me. I still need to read everything but I'm better at answering questions while I read. :P
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 I so enjoyed reading your in-depth answers! Thank you so much. Especially you loving the Fatima-Allyson chapter and your commentary on Luna's style made me smile. Fun story about the dress Luna was wearing in that picture, it glitched her legs. A big black stripe was on both of her legs the whole time and I had to work around it with all the pictures. :D

Questions
    Did you plan for the bubble blower to be at the roller rink and be a temptation for Sofia, or was it unexpected?

Completely unexpected! I downloaded the roller rink lot after looking through every single world if there was a rink laid out somewhere. I guess it wasn't the right season, but I still wanted them to go rollerskating so I had to download a lot. Sofia and Luna were already pleasantly skating around when I looked at the floor above and noticed the bubble blower. It really felt like everything came full circle and was too good of an opportunity to pass up!
    Where do you see the story going? (I know this has the potential to be spoilery, but are there any things you'd really like to accomplish in story that you're willing to share?)

I want to get to a point where mostly everyone in the Villareal family is fleshed out. I want every character in the story to have their own personality and give them the time on-screen they deserve. I have many ideas for characters like Max and Neal which I'm excited to get to, but I need to work on these other storylines first. All in due time, I guess. The idea is to play out this story until the original Villareal siblings (Luna, Hugo and Max) are old and wrinkly.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Duvelina
    Long overdue! But here are the rest. Sorry to be cutting into your week. @AdamsEve1231
    General
    What kind of feeling does my story evoke?
    The last time I said this story is perfect for light rain and cosy blankets and I still think so. It’s very uplifting and relaxing. Makes for a perfect read after a tough day of work. :blush:

How would you describe the general vibe of the pictures in the story? Did you notice I edit the filter for my pictures to the feeling I want to portray? For example, in chapter 48, it starts out with more muted tones and continues to become brighter as the chapter goes on.
    I’ve always found the pictures to be either on the cheerier side, but in these updates the color vibrancy seem to change depending on the incident in the picture. I did think maybe the surroundings are a reflection of the character’s wellbeing/dilemma in that moment. I.e Sofia and Luna’s date chapters had warm tones, because they were in a fun place, while Luna and Hugo’s confrontation wasn’t colored in any way, which I thought was paired well with the gradual dip of their relationship. For ch 48, I did notice the color change when I first red it, but I attributed it to cloudy weather turning sunny. :lol: I did like the ending of the chapter very much so I must say the gradual brightness is a great idea even if I thought it was the weather haha.

What was your favourite moment in the chapters you have read?
    Fatima and Allyson’s budding friendship is my favourite moment! It brings with it a lot of hope! Hope that Luna and Allyson will patch their mother-daughter relationship, that Allyson will find someone she can relate with, and then Sofia would probably have a better time getting close to her :blush:

What was your favourite picture in the chapters you have read?
    I have to say I really like the color tones of in Max and Veronica’s chapter. I thought they were bright but not overly so, There’s a certain softness to the light in those pictures. I also like pastel colors so Veronica’s light blue sweater paired with green grass and Max’s comfortable grey shirt is a massage for my eyes. :lol:

Did your opinion on any of the characters change (in a positive or negative way)?
    Neal surprised me when he asked after Jac. I’m feeling slightly better about him. Only slightly though. He needs to prove himself more reliable and a teamplayer. One question doesn’t change much. The others not much changes. I did think Max seems to be taking care of Veronica well and hasn’t pulled anything particularly serious for now. Just shooing some tourists. But I can’t say I think of him more or lesser since he’ll most likely continue his shady dealings next.

Did your past predictions for the characters come to fruition?
    Not yet. I still think Hugo and Duke will get along well and to see Sofia regain control of her life. (So glad she didn’t sit at the bubble blower phew!) One of it did come true-ish. Max’s new home. But then it’s Veronica’s. Max said he wanted a trailer so I’m wondering if he’ll get that.

What are your predictions for the characters’ storylines based on new developments?
    I think Allyson will have a friend who will help her come to terms with Luna and Sofia’s relationship. Hugo will need quite some time to forgive Luna. But I did think Nelson might put in a good word for their sibling relationship. Max will continue his seedy activities, but he and Veronica will become closer.

Do you have any questions for the characters and/or me?
    Not at the moment, only because October is a nerve-wrecking month for me so my thoughts are all over the place and I'm forgetting things. I think once the deadlines pass I can be myself again and have more to say and ask. :sweat_smile:

@AdamsEve1231 I hear you. October is not a good month for me and I've only 10 more days til the deadline of my paperwork so I am a nervous wreck atm and forgetting even the smallest of things. 13-14 sounds alright although I might take longer so it might be late. Hope that's okay.
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,753 Member
    Blue screens of death. I'll get to you guys eventually. I hope. :D:cry:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam No worries, thank you for taking time out of your busy day to answer the other questions. 🥰 I'm glad you like the pictures so much!
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam, it's okay if people are late. I cut into my own week with my replies to @Duvelina. Haha. Take care of yourself.

@_sims_Yimi uh oh! Blue screens of death. That doesn't sound good. Hang in there.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Okay Arcs 13-14 it is. Thanks everyone.

Arc 13
    Chapter 1.34
    Do you think Davis handled the uncomfortable family drama at Kass' house well? Why do you think Kass feels the need to justify her mamma's reaction to Davis and Ayesha?

What did you think about Ayesha and Kass' conversation in the guest room at Nonna's house? I mentioned Ayesha's difficult home life. Did it feel out of place or did it fit with the scene?

Chapter 1.35
    What are your thoughts about the sibling council? If you could use one word each to describe what Kass, Cari, and Andi are feeling, what would you say?

Chapter 1.36
    How would you characterize Kass' attitude toward faith and religion based on the earlier part of this chapter?

How would you describe Kass and Andi's relationship?

Did you like the little story Kass told about Henry Sutter and the Hall of Fame? Did it add to the worldbuilding?

Chapter 1.37
    Do you think it's realistic that Kass is stressed about her essay? What would you say is influencing or compounding her stress? Do you think Kass should have shared how she was struggling with her Nonna?

Chapter 1.38
    What was your gut reaction to this chapter? How did you feel about the news Kass received? Do you think her reaction at the end was realistic?

Chapter 1.39
    If you were Kass, would you contact Davis first or wait for him to call?

What are your thoughts about Kass' grandparents?

Do you think Kass should tell her grandparents about Davis or does it make sense to wait to ask Davis what he thinks?

Arc 14
    Chapter 1.40
    Were you surprised by Andi? Did her choices and justifications feel out of character or typical for a young teenage girl?

Do you think Kass and Andi should tell their mamma about their boyfriends?

Chapter 1.41
    Did you like how I expanded on the Bachelor family (townies) or did it detract from the story?

Chapter 1.42
    Kass recalls a memory of an earlier crush and her grandparents' reaction. What are your thoughts?

Cari teases her sister about Davis. Do you think this was mean or do you write it off as typical teenage sister behavior?

How do you feel about Davis' and Kass' relationship at this stage? Did you enjoy their date? Was it weird when Clark showed up?

General Questions
    What are your thoughts on the character development? Do you feel like you're getting to know the characters better the further into the story or do you still have burning questions?

Out of all of Kass' relationships (with her family, friends, love interests), which do you think is the best?

Has anything surprised you about the direction the story is going?

Any future predictions for Kass (feel free to share thoughts about other characters)?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Skeilah wrote: »
    13-14 is also okay for me. I still need to read everything but I'm better at answering questions while I read. :P

I do that too, @Skeilah. Helps me remember and everything is fresh in my head.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Duvelina thanks for your replies to my responses. I really enjoyed these latest chapters. :) Also glitchy CC is so annoying. I just figured because Sofia is so tall you had to angle up. :lol:
    I wondered if it was unintentional. The writing evokes the feeling of total surprise. It was well done.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for Too Good at Goodbyes.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Chapter 1.34
    Do you think Davis handled the uncomfortable family drama at Kass' house well? Why do you think Kass feels the need to justify her mamma's reaction to Davis and Ayesha?

I think Davis dealt with the family drama gallantly. He told Kass she didn't need to explain and seemed very understanding. He was everything Kass needed him to be in that moment. I can also understand going home after dropping Kass off and having to take a breather yourself though. It was pretty intense after all.

I totally get Kass trying to cover for her mom though. I don't think I would have felt the same way. I'd have been angrier and probably badmouth her. I honestly think she's pretty honorable in sticking up for her. I don't think she quite deserved it, but I do get that Kass didn't want to make a big deal out of it and tried to justify the action.
    What did you think about Ayesha and Kass' conversation in the guest room at Nonna's house? I mentioned Ayesha's difficult home life. Did it feel out of place or did it fit with the scene?

Ayesha's backstory was necessary here. It explains the way Ayesha would react to an incident like this one and why Kass would try to justify her mom's reaction to Ayesha. Ayesha was as supportive as she could be but Kass didn't want to talk about it much so I get why that conversation was cut short. I would have expected a stronger reaction from Ayesha's side after the years of abuse she had to go through but I also understand not wanting to intervene too much.

Chapter 1.35
    What are your thoughts about the sibling council? If you could use one word each to describe what Kass, Cari, and Andi are feeling, what would you say?

I think the sibling council is a chaotic bunch. It might be the different ages and stages the sisters are in but they weren't all aligned in their thoughts and justifications. It's good that they're talking about it, but I honestly get both sides. Andi wants everything to back to normal and not make a huge drama out of it and Cari wants her mom to go back to how she used to be. All of them probably want that, but it seems like Cari is having a harder time dealing with the current situation than Andi and Kass.

In terms of their feelings:
    Kass: Protective
    Andi: Guilty (for making everyone's life harder)
    Cari: Desperate

Chapter 1.36
    How would you characterize Kass' attitude toward faith and religion based on the earlier part of this chapter?

Kass clearly doesn't want to label what she believes in but it does seem like she gets a sense of calmness about her when she does attend mass. I think she's unsure about where she stands regarding faith and religion. She might believe in something but hasn't figured out what, exactly.

Kass is very protective over Andi. She is her little sister after all, but I feel like Andi might be the smartest one of them all. I think she's perfectly capable of taking care of herself but it's sweet that she indulges Kass. Andi seems to look up to Kass in some way. It's a very encouraging relationship. I hope we'll see more of Andi in future stories.
    Did you like the little story Kass told about Henry Sutter and the Hall of Fame? Did it add to the worldbuilding?

Yes, it absolutely adds something. It makes everyone feel so alive. I love those little tidbits.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chapter 1.37
    Do you think it's realistic that Kass is stressed about her essay? What would you say is influencing or compounding her stress? Do you think Kass should have shared how she was struggling with her Nonna?

Of course it's realistic. Having to write an essay to get admitted into college is something to be stressed about, after all. I didn't have to do anything to get into college except sign up but I did have to write essays for grades and that was stressful enough. This one has so much at stake. It defines Kass' future. I think everything in her life is adding to that stress, the situation with Gage AND with her mom. I think that her mom spiraling makes her want to leave more on the one hand, but also want to stay to make sure everyone is okay. It doesn't make writing an essay easier.

Kass could have shared her feelings with her grandma, but it's up to her, really. It would probably be good for her to talk to someone about the stress she's feeling but I'm not Kass. So if she doesn't feel comfortable talking about it with her grandma, then she shouldn't.

Chapter 1.38
    What was your gut reaction to this chapter? How did you feel about the news Kass received? Do you think her reaction at the end was realistic?

This news reminded me of how I feel with drama TV shows. It almost always ends up with the main character having the specific disease, otherwise it's pretty pointless to write such a storyline. So I felt very sad for Kass because I expected her to have EXCES too.

I get her trying to make herself feel better. Chances are very likely she doesn't have it, but we're reading her story so our perspective as a reader is different. Wanting to talk to a friend is completely normal in such a situation. It is a shock to her world that she might have the disease.

Chapter 1.39

I don't think I would have called him either. I'm pretty traditional in that regard, I guess. I'd rather wait until the guy calls me first because that shows he has some interest in me. I get that that could work the other way around too. :D

So far, they seem really nice and supportive even if they have controversial political opinions. For Kass, I don't think that matters too much because they are her family so she can 'overlook' that aspect. They're there for her and that's what counts right now.
    Do you think Kass should tell her grandparents about Davis or does it make sense to wait to ask Davis what he thinks?

I'm not close to my grandparents myself, so I wouldn't tell them for a very long time. They'd probably hear through my parents, to be honest. So from my perspective, I don't find it weird that she doesn't tell her grandparents. Waiting to talk to Davis makes sense.
  • Options
    Woo! I think I've won against the blue screen of death, guys! And I'm totally behind, so sorry about that. @Duvelina @AdamsEve1231 I'll get to both of you when I can, promise. In the meantime I hope you're all doing well. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Ch 1.34 - 1.38
    I think so. So much happened in one night that it would be better if he spoke minimally. It was his first time meeting everyone so he wouldn’t have any background information about them. He might be able to offer something constructive, but it would still be best if he kept it to himself.

Maybe Kass worried that Davis and Ayesha would have a negative opinion of her and her family. She was also invested in Davis romantically and worried that his perception of her lowered. She seemed to imply in some of her speech that her family’s actions reflected her identity.

They’re best friends who can talk about anything and support each other. I really like their banter and dynamic. Kass and Ayesha feel like they can count on and have each other at all times. It’s cool! Ayesha’s home life didn’t feel out of place. It flowed well with the scene.I

Interesting was the first word I thought of on the sibling council lol. I wondered if they always had that name or that it was aptly named then. If they always had that name, that would be quite unfortunate, because it would mean they have had to have many instances of it.
    Cari: Hurt. Andi: contemplative. Kass: giving

She seems to visit mass as an obligation and oppression, yet follows its teachings regardless. She believes in god, but not so much the practices of worship.

At times, Kass and Andi seem to be able to relate to each other as equals than an older and younger sister. Kass does feel protective over Andi and she does her thoughts from Andi and Cari, so her big sister nature is there. Just not all the time.

I’m not too invested in Henry Sutter since it’s the first time he appeared in their conversations, but he made a huge impact with their granddad so I assume he would be important later on in the story. :sweat_smile: I’ll probably be on the lookout for the name Sutter or Henry from now on, but until then he’s just someone Andi and Kass mentioned in passing.

I think so. Kass sounds like an overachiever with her long list of accomplishments. Most of the time they are the ones who apply the most pressure on themselves, so it’s not surprising that she’s stressed about her essay even though she has plenty to write about. Her home life, indecisiveness of Davis and Gabe, and the mystery of Clark are all compounding on her. She could selectively share some of it, but I think Kass is worried that once she starts she won’t be able to stop.

I was relieved for Kass. I’m more on the optimistic side of whether Kass has EXCES or not, although irl I’m a worrywart and would probably respond as concernedly and bleakly as Kass. I think it’s realistic. All that stress is starting to weigh down on her and with everything that has accumulated in her life it’s not surprising that Kass feels pessimistic and seeks reassurance of her entire situation. She’s wishing for everything to go back to the way things were and that’s quite understandable. Considering all the life altering moments piled on her.
  • Options
    Chapter 1.40
    Were you surprised by Andi? Did her choices and justifications feel out of character or typical for a young teenage girl?

I was surprised, actually. I'd say it's typical teenage girl antics but I didn't expect Andi to want to look older by wearing heels and a more grown-up outfit. She seems so smart and a more 'homely' type and it's hard to imagine her feeling this way but I guess it's another side to her. :)

I'd say yes if their mom wasn't so unreasonable right now. I'd hide it too.

Chapter 1.41
    Did you like how I expanded on the Bachelor family (townies) or did it detract from the story?

I think the huge amount of worldbuilding you do can detract from the story sometimes. It makes the story feel slow-paced with all these side ventures we're taking. I do like it, but sometimes it can become a bit much with everyone's family history being highlighted.

Chapter 1.42
    Kass recalls a memory of an earlier crush and her grandparents' reaction. What are your thoughts?

It certainly explains why Kass wouldn't want to tell her grandparents about her relationship with Davis. I think it's safer for her to keep it a secret if she knows her grandparents are going to react so dramatically.
    Cari teases her sister about Davis. Do you think this was mean or do you write it off as typical teenage sister behavior?

I think she is being a typical teenage sister. I don't think she is trying to be mean but it might be the circumstances they're living in right now. Cari might have been completely different if their dad hadn't left. It's probably just her acting out. She did indirectly encourage Kass to go out with Davis though, so that's a plus.
    How do you feel about Davis' and Kass' relationship at this stage? Did you enjoy their date? Was it weird when Clark showed up?

They seem to be getting along great and their conversations flow easily. They certainly have good chemistry and potential to work out. It felt like a typical date a young girl might go out on in the movies. It's fun!

Clark showing up was weird, especially how he was clearly hiding out and waiting for her. I understand how he's trying to mediate the relationship between Kass and her mom though so I do think he was trying to be sweet. But people have got to stop lurking around. :D
  • Options
    Thank you @Duvelina and @mercuryfoam for your answers. I'll get you some feedback soon.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    General Questions
    What are your thoughts on the character development? Do you feel like you're getting to know the characters better the further into the story or do you still have burning questions?

Because the story is so slow-paced, we're really getting to know everyone which I like, honestly. Everyone has to have an interesting personality for the story to stay fun and I think you do a great job with that.
    Out of all of Kass' relationships (with her family, friends, love interests), which do you think is the best?

At this point in the story, I'd say the relationship between Ayesha and Kass. They're always there for each other and seem to be great friends. Later on, I'd say Kass and Davis though.

I hadn't expected so many mysteries to make an appearance! I'm so enjoying all these different things to speculate about and figure out right along with Kass. It's a pleasant surprise.
    Any future predictions for Kass (feel free to share thoughts about other characters)?

I read the entire story already, so I can't really make any predictions. But I can remember some things I thought. Gage and Kass won't work out, not in a relationship but also not as friends. They're too different from each other. And Davis and Kass will grow more towards each other and become a serious couple.
  • Options
    @Duvelina aaaaah I'm completely late and cutting into another person's week. Forgive meeeeeee

General
    What kind of feeling does my story evoke?
    It feels like a slice-of-life to me, with many people dealing with their own realistic issues. It also always feels warm and personal because of your pictures. ^^

How would you describe the general vibe of the pictures in the story? Did you notice I edit the filter for my pictures to the feeling I want to portray? For example, in chapter 48, it starts out with more muted tones and continues to become brighter as the chapter goes on.
    Woops, jumped the gun there. I did notice that, yes. Colours I feel matter a lot in your story, like it’s portraying the happiness and struggles of the people in them. =)

Whose style (in terms of hair/clothing/accessories) is your favourite?
    Luna at the moment!

In-depth (spoilery)
    What are your feelings on the Sofia/Luna relationship and how have they developed throughout the story? Do you think Sofia should tell Luna about Hugo’s son?
    I like them together because they seem very good for each other, but I also dislike how quickly they both moved on and how they kept their relationship “hidden” from Hugo. They trampled all over his feelings, intentional or otherwise. And that hurt to read. I don’t think Sofia should tell Luna – this is something that should come from Hugo, just like Luna and Sofia should have been shared by Luna.

Did you expect the situation between Hugo and Luna to go down like that? Did Luna approach the situation in the right way? What did you think about Hugo’s reaction? (46)
    It was rather heartbreaking, but understandable. Luna tried her best but she’s still not really considering Hugo’s feelings in the matter. Hugo also wasn’t able to look past his own issues and see his sister’s happiness. My heart breaks for both of them.

What do you think about Fatima? Will she be a nice addition to Allyson’s life, based on what we’ve seen so far? (48)
    I like her! She seems like Allyson’s polar opposite, and I think that Allyson can learn a lot and grow from interacting with her.

I asked about Veronica’s influence on Max last time, but how would you judge Max’s effect on Veronica. Do you think it’s a positive one? Or more of a bad influence?
    From what I can tell, Max is a bad influence on most people, what with his criminal behaviour. But he’s also shown responsibility and looking out for one another. I’m hoping that Veronica can learn from that.

What was your favourite moment in the chapters you have read?
    Sofia managing to stay away from the bubble blower. That took some real strength and Luna’s help and was a real milestone in terms of character growth. I loved Sofia meeting Hugo’s son and giving Hugo sincere advice, too. Sofia is my favourite at the moment, haha.

What was your favourite picture in the chapters you have read?
    I think the one where we see Luna all dolled up and dancing on her date with Sofia!

Did your opinion on any of the characters change (in a positive or negative way)?
    Yes. I think way better of Sofia now!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Arc 13
    Chapter 1.34
    Yeah, Davis handled it really well, actually. Even I would get weak in the knees for that. It’s like the reaction everyone is hoping for. I think Kass feels that need because she has a lot of memories where her mom was actually happy and good? Like, she just wants everyone to know that she’s not a bad person, that it’s just this situation getting the upper hand of her life. She doesn’t want people to hate her mom. At least, that’s what I’m getting.

So cuteeee. It reminds me of me and my best friend, apart from the parental abuse, hehe. I love how the two of them can talk about EVERYTHING, and no, it didn’t felt out of place at all. I liked the surprise and I love how Ayesha is teasing Kass like that.

Chapter 1.35
    Oof, difficult question. The three of them all have their own way of thinking back on the situation, and none of them are really overlapping. Andi is rather positive while Cari is super negative about everything and Kass just sits there like ‘I actually don’t know what to do, help’. I liked that they talked about it together, but I have the feeling they still have nothing to go with after the talk.

Cari: Angry
    Andi: Forgiving
    Kass: Somewhere in between the two of them xD

Chapter 1.36
    Well, I have the same way of thinking as her. My grandparents were raised very religious and that’s how they also raised my parents but luckily I wasn’t raised THAT religious anymore. For me, her way of thinking is just normal.

I think the two of them have a very good relationship. Andi is so nice and knows when to talk about what. It’s like she looks out for her big sister in her own way, making her smile and stuff. That’s just so cute.

It was nice! Does Kass tell this story frequently to Andi? It’s like she heard it a million times already but just can’t get enough of it.

Chapter 1.37
    Yeah. I’m older than her and most of my classmates are stressed about essays like that. Well, me too, but a lot of them take stress to a whole new level xD I think it’s just normal to be stressed over an essay like that. I do think she shoul’ve talked a bit more to her nonna. You don’t have to tell everything, but just to tell something makes the weight on your shoulder just a little more bearable. And I think nonna would be understandable. At least, my grandma was always understandable in everything I told her, although she was so religious herself. She had an own way of answering me, but it’s not like she got mad because I wanted to talk about problems. I think it’s the same with all grandma’s.

Chapter 1.38
    I liked how happy she was when the doctor said the test results came out negative, but then the doctor just had to tell the bad side of the story AFTERWARDS. If I were that doctor, I would’ve said it slightly different, I think, but yeah, I’m no doctor, so I don’t know what’s the right way to tell this kind of stuff. Anyways, just take thos B12 vitamins, get yourself tested every year and make the best of your life because you’re as healty as you can be now, Kass. No need to worry. You only live once, don’t live your live so negative minded.

Well, that was my gut reaction xD

Chapter 1.39
    I would’ve texted my crush from the moment he left the house! xD I know no shame when it comes to texting people. If they don’t want to talk to me, they can just ignore me. That’s also what I do, hahahaha. I’m actually surprised that Kass still hasn’t texted or called Davis, or visa versa!

Ahhhhhh those two are so cute! You see that they missed the girls and that’s sad in one way. If my grandparents were still alive, I would make sure to visit them often, but they died when I was still pretty young so I haven’t had the chance to visit them on my own will. You immediately see the love nonna and nonno have for their grandkids. It’s just so heartwarming.

Yeah well, they asked her like three times if she knew him already xD I would have just said “wait??? Did you just say Lamar? You mean DAVIS Lamar???” and then they are like “you know him?” “And then I’m like “Ehhh, well yeah, actually I do! He’s a good guy” and then idk what happens but I can’t imagine it’d be bad. If the granddaughter says he’s a good guy, those are positive points, right??? xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Ch 1.39-1.42 + General Questions

I’d wait for him to call because in the subculture I grew up in, dating rules still apply. Many guys get turned off if a girl makes the first move. :sweat_smile: At least last I checked it was still like that. We do have subcultures where people are more 'westernised'. It was a very mixed environment so even if people of different subcultures were to mingle, a general play safe rule is to fall back on more familiar/older dating cultures.

They’re very sweet to one another and their family. Very warm, loving people who are generous and like to pamper their grandchildren.

Is there something to tell yet? :sweat_smile: I didn’t get the impression that Kass and Davis have started dating exclusively, just that they started dating and didn’t even manage to follow up on where they’d like their relationship to head themselves. So I don’t think Kass should tell her grandparents because that would only invite their many questions which she will not have an answer for.

I think it’s typical. A lot of young girls, not just teens, emulate the styles around them and what is deemed beautiful until they learn to love themselves for who they are.

From what happened previously no. If they did it would only complicate matters, given they haven’t spoken to their mom about the decision they came to about Clark, and what happened that night. I’d say deal with the issue one at a time. :)

I don’t usually care for townies but I have an unhealthy obsession with Bella like Kass so I enjoyed it a lot. I also thought they would become relevant later on so I don’t know if it was supposed to detract from the story in some way. I read it assuming they would become relevant down the line since Simis was staring at Kass or Davis so strangely.

Its quite unfortunate that she had sloppy wet as a first kiss. Then again it sort of indicated how innocent and young they were back then so I suppose there’s a silver lining. It’ll be more gross if he’s a great kisser :smirk: It also makes sense why Kass is worried about telling Nonna and Nonno about her relationship with Davis. I’m not sure if it’s racism since there are no pictures and I can’t tell from the names if her crush were of a different heritage, but it does show that her grandparents have an air of superiority about them.

I thought it was lack of emotional awareness on her part. So it could be ignorant teen behaviour because of a still-developing social awareness skill, or it could become Cari’s trait. She does have a consistent sharp tongue from previous chapters, but It could still be either option.

I thought it was lovely and fun. A nice progression from where they left off. I didn’t think Clark’s appearance was weird. Amy might be feeling horrible of herself and Clark might’ve offered to come over and ‘persuade’ the girls, even if the persuasion is questionable.

General Questions
    I think the characters are well fleshed out. I don’t have any burning questions and think that I have a pretty good gauge from the story of their distinct traits.

I quite like all her relationships to be honest. Not all of them are perfect, but almost all of them are supportive. Her Nonna, Nonno, Gage, Davis, Andi, Cari, Ayesha, Mac, Amy, Dad… I think I’ve listed everyone and all of them are good to Kass. They all have expectations of her, but they all genuinely love and adore her. She’s in good hands. <3

For this batch of chapters, not quite. I like the pace. It’s very relaxing.

I don’t have any at the moment, particularly because the previous predictions haven’t been realised and these few chapters doesn’t move the plot along. Kass doesn’t even contact Gage. That being said, it’s not boring. I actually enjoy that we’re taking the time to slow down and get to know the characters at a deeper level.
  • Options
    Hey, everyone. I think October is a busy month for all of us so for my story this week, would you prefer to read Ch11-13 (12 posts) or 11-12 (8 posts)? Chapters 11 to 13 is one arc so it would be my preference, but given how busy everyone is we can do just 11,12. If you're having crunch time and can't commit this week that's fine too, just let me know. :)

@_sims_Yimi How are you doing? Are you alright to give feedback for Season 2? :)
  • Options
  • Options
    @mercuryfoam I'm good for season 2, but I'm trying to catch up to @AdamsEve1231 's story as far as possible first because I'm dreadfully behind :sweat_smile: so you'll get it, but it might be a bit late! Forgive me :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg