Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rivatuner no longer working

For some reason rivatuner is no longer capping frames, i'm getting terrible tearing still. It used to work. What FPS limiter is everyone else using?

I have an ATI RX 580 but AMD's inbuilt force vsync doesn't work.
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Fixed. Downloaded RadeonPro from 2013, that did the trick.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use RTSS on a Radeon Pro 560X and have actually had the reverse experience. Two recent (this year) graphics driver updates, one of which was totally essential because the latest Windows update ruined my system until the GPU was also updated, both required a more up to date version of Radeon Pro and RTSS than prior in order to keep working. I didn't think to try going backwards, especially that far, when newer versions were available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    For some reason rivatuner is no longer capping frames, i'm getting terrible tearing still. It used to work. What FPS limiter is everyone else using?

I have an ATI RX 580 but AMD's inbuilt force vsync doesn't work.

@McTosh I've never had to use anything other than the built-in tools, i e Nvidia Control Panel for the computers with disabled CPU graphics chip, and Intel Control Panel for my gaming laptops with Dual graphics (Nvidia Control Panel can't be used for turning on Vsync on those).

McTosh wrote: »
    Fixed. Downloaded RadeonPro from 2013, that did the trick.

What's that? Updated drivers for your graphics card?
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    No, RadeonPro (Radeon Profile Tool: not to be confused with AMD's suspiciously newly named Radeon Pro) was an unofficial community-made utility. It's pretty defunct and obsolete now, but still functional. If you go the guru site there's a link to a forum discussion where someone has updated it to include the R series of cards :)

Seems AMD tried to kill off its search engine results by naming their new products Radeon Pro themselves. Haha.

The force v sync etc is still fully functional so I'm happy.