Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rock bands?

Do you think we will be getting any sort of music stuff pack to be able to put together bands? I’ve been waiting on this since Get Famous.

What music instruments do you want to see added?

Comments

• Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I’d love this with like a reality X factor show to participate in too.

I wanna see drums for sure
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want this so bad, and it would totally be something that hadn't been done before properly.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This is what I most want! I want primarily drums and saxophones, but I wouldn’t mind having other instruments like trumpets and harps. I also want improved singing abilities.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Lexaloo wrote: »
    Drums.
    Standard rock style
    And
    tumblr_psxh946OGt1qi4cobo1_250.gifv

Bass guitar
    Double bass
    Cello (maybe?)

Hurdy Gurdy
    200_d.gif

Theremin
    OptimisticGoldenGrison-size_restricted.gif

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would love to see R & B Bands, Medal Bands, and Rock Bands. The Bands could be based on Meatloaf, Jon Bon Jovi, Lionel Richie, Journey, Pat Benadar, Blondie, Mariah Carey, Cyndi Lauper & Char.🎤🎸🎶🎹🥁
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited June 2020
    I hope for as many musical instruments as possible, especially electric guitar being part of it.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love to see R & B Bands, Medal Bands, and Rock Bands. The Bands could be based on Meatloaf, Jon Bon Jovi, Lionel Richie, Journey, Pat Benadar, Blondie, Mariah Carey, Cyndi Lauper & Char.🎤🎸🎶🎹🥁

I agree with more different bands. As for Metal bands, I hope they also include some Extreme Metal in there; think Black Metal bands with Corpse Paint, chain mail, spikes, and leather being able to record albums and make music videos in the woods, kind of like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYwz2-_G_4
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I want bands so much! Music and musician sims are one of my favourite stories/types of gameplay. I loved them in the Sims 2 and there is so much potential for the Sims 4.

I would love to see a bands or musician game pack. I posted some ideas in another thread but I thought it best to also share them here:
    Bands Game Pack (I'm unimaginative with the titles...maybe Get Rockin or something) :D

- New instruments - electric guitar, bass, drums, saxophone, harp?
    - More songwriting
    - Name albums and produce records
    - Ability to create bands - mix up different instruments to create different genres and styles. Name your own band.
    - Band merchandise for extra simoleans
    - Touring (maybe big worldwide tours could be rabbitholes) but bands can play in community lots
    - Venues as community lots
    - Maybe a new world?
    - CAS items to include clothing from 70s punk era, 80s goth or traditional metalhead, corpse paint :D
    - More tattoos
    - Additional outfit type in CAS for stage presence/performance
    - Perfomance skill? Level up to unlock some sweet moves on stage
    - Build/Buy - stages, lighting effects, props, smoke machines, amps, band posters, band merch (clutter items)
    - Band fame meter/recognition
    - NPCs like fans or band manager. Chance cards too, maybe?

I want this so bad :D:blush:

giphy.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If they ever give us rock bands, do you guys think they might give us also something for classical music, like a violin quartet or violin and piano duets, etc? Also, I'd love to hear sims sing opera and I would love to have a jazz band.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Rock Bands yes, but not just limited to this genre. I believe there could be a GP or even EP dedicated to creating different kinds of bands through something similar like the club system in GT. Depending on the musical instrument skill level, a chamber orchestra (violins and cellos) or a kids choir/ gospel choir (Vocals and piano/ organ) can be formed and with a high enough ‘band’ skill level, live gigs can be organized.

Drums, Electric and Bass guitars are sorely missed as basic instruments. I do appreciate the ability for a Sim to sing along with guitar or piano and hope this will be developed more.
    I believe developing Immersive band/music gameplay can be quite challenging: recording all the individual instrumental tracks at different Skill levels and adding animation for each different instrument and as a band must take a chunk of Resources, but if there is a high enough demand for it I can see a great pack coming out of this.

Bands were mentioned in the latest survey, so there is scope for it if enough players are interested.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Movotti wrote: »
    Lexaloo wrote: »

Theremin
    OptimisticGoldenGrison-size_restricted.gif

OMG I would kill for a Sims theremin.

I would love to be able to stage a Sims opera and create a jazz band too!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    This should have been INCLUDED with Get Famous. But I digress. Yes, I would love bands.