Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses in a pack related to them, not farming

davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I really want farming to be about equipment, harvestables, work, real farm animals(cows, goats, pigs, chickens) that make products. Electric fences, barbed wire fences, rickety wood fences, a farmer's Co-op with buying and selling goods and animals, and things found around a barn and out on a farm, not furniture that can be put in any old pack. Horses may be on some farms, but I don't consider them a farm animal. Many used Oxen to plow with or the hand plow. From what I have heard, it takes a whole bunch of resources to make horses and I don't want farming to be nothing because all the resources went to making horses. It is one of my largest fears since some packs in the sims seem to veer off track from their main theme. I have been asking for a farming pack since early Sims3 days and have yet to get one. While the Sims3 store put out some items, they just didn't seem to be farmy enough for what I would like to play.

Horses, could be introduced in a Castles, Dragons, and Kingdom pack. Make your own castles or choose one in the kingdom. The King, queen, would be in the castle and you could play them and have kids or just live in the Kingdom while they rule. Dragons could be hatched as in the Sims3, but if able to could grow large and be ride-able. Not sure the limits of the Sims4 in that area. The horse, unicorn, and pegasus could be in it and the horse could pull the carriage(Cinderella type carriage). Unicorns and pegasus are friendly and easily added to your household. I hated that in the Sims3 that sims had such a hard time adding unicorns. I never won over a unicorn and I played/play that game an insane amount of hours, but didn't pursue unicorns because of all the effort it would take. That is one reason I am more sandbox oriented. If it is my game that I control, then I should be easily able to do almost anything in it as others are able to have things more challenging. Besides getting points, cheating, ect., there should be a way to easily get them like mermaids can easily be achieved by eating the mermaid kelp, even though it is reward.

Imagine two hoods. One with regular horses pulling buggies. Some hoods are more open and this would be doable in such a hood. This would be a country type setting with cowboys. Chaps, hats, boots galore, a coral, maybe roping, and jumping, ect. A few horse estates like in Kentucky. Largest lot available for a couple of them. Then, there is a huge, round, rainbow colored circle that just keeps going around and that would be the portal to the Kingdom. Wigs, huge dresses, knight's armor, and maybe some pheasant type houses around.

This way, a horses pack could be centered on equestrian horses and things they can do and where they have been in many stories.

Horse feed, blocks, and ability to eat grass. The best of both worlds. Horses really thought out and having purpose and also the ability to have them everywhere else. Then, the resources in a Farming EP could stay there and be used on equipment and stuff that makes a farm a real farm and farming real.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Horsemanship has quite a few different disciplines; and just English and Western themselves have several different events within each discipline that equestrians and their horses compete in. This could also be a "first ever" like it was teased. Main reason--while we've had "pet" packs, none of them have really specialized on horses. Having dabbled in horsemanship during my preteen and early teen years; with one of my friends being a prominent horsewoman herself during her teen and young adult years; and another being one of the few people around here involved with USEF; I say this would be one of the best ever in the series if done right--as an EP. Our luck, horses get patched in with little alongside them, or either as a GP or SP w

The world. This would allow the world itself solely to focus on lots big enough to have a small ranch; as well as the various training facilities required for each discipline, as well as arenas for the events. If a veterinary side is to it, possibly an equine hospital. Possibly itself, it may be the biggest in the history of Sims 4.

Careers. Equine veterinarian/surgeon, equine therapist, horse trainer; and that even isn't scratching the surface. This is from my outsider knowledge.

Businesses. Feed stores and tack shops, for sure. Probably combined. A bit of a modificaiton of the veterinian's office from Cats and Dogs could focus on horses. Sims with high riding skill could also coach child and teen Sims as well.

Build/buy. Obviously, stuff to build stables; but there's quite a bit of "equestrian' themed stuff to add.

CAS. Now this is where it would also shine. TS3: Pets may have had horses; but not a whole lot of equestrian CAS. Modern styled Western shirts in lots of solids, patterns and prints. More jeans (especially those with rather large award buckles). Square, round, and pointed toe Western boots. Cowboy hats based on the various historical, maker, and regional variants over the years. English discipline CAS shouldn't be forgotten either--many different varieties of "technical shirts", breeches (those two should have lotos of colors and patterns to choose from as well), show shirts, stock ties, and show coats. Helmets should be in CAS; as well as the protective impact-absorbing vests those competing in eventing and jumping competitions are required to wear well. , Horse CAS too--there should be plenty of different types of blankets, halters, saddles, saddle pads, hoof boots, etc. available. And what's available is easy to see--just pick up a tack catalog or go to one of the several websites that sell it!

Compatibility with other packs. I think that it should allow veterinary practices from Cats and Dogs to also handle horses, as well as the other way around. My vet handles livestock, horses, as well as cats and dogs (and some other stuff, I think! She does everything!).
  • Options
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Horsemanship has quite a few different disciplines; and just English and Western themselves have several different events within each discipline that equestrians and their horses compete in. This could also be a "first ever" like it was teased. Main reason--while we've had "pet" packs, none of them have really specialized on horses. Having dabbled in horsemanship during my preteen and early teen years; with one of my friends being a prominent horsewoman herself during her teen and young adult years; and another being one of the few people around here involved with USEF; I say this would be one of the best ever in the series if done right--as an EP. Our luck, horses get patched in with little alongside them, or either as a GP or SP w

The world. This would allow the world itself solely to focus on lots big enough to have a small ranch; as well as the various training facilities required for each discipline, as well as arenas for the events. If a veterinary side is to it, possibly an equine hospital. Possibly itself, it may be the biggest in the history of Sims 4.

Careers. Equine veterinarian/surgeon, equine therapist, horse trainer; and that even isn't scratching the surface. This is from my outsider knowledge.

Businesses. Feed stores and tack shops, for sure. Probably combined. A bit of a modificaiton of the veterinian's office from Cats and Dogs could focus on horses. Sims with high riding skill could also coach child and teen Sims as well.

Build/buy. Obviously, stuff to build stables; but there's quite a bit of "equestrian' themed stuff to add.

CAS. Now this is where it would also shine. TS3: Pets may have had horses; but not a whole lot of equestrian CAS. Modern styled Western shirts in lots of solids, patterns and prints. More jeans (especially those with rather large award buckles). Square, round, and pointed toe Western boots. Cowboy hats based on the various historical, maker, and regional variants over the years. English discipline CAS shouldn't be forgotten either--many different varieties of "technical shirts", breeches (those two should have lotos of colors and patterns to choose from as well), show shirts, stock ties, and show coats. Helmets should be in CAS; as well as the protective impact-absorbing vests those competing in eventing and jumping competitions are required to wear well. , Horse CAS too--there should be plenty of different types of blankets, halters, saddles, saddle pads, hoof boots, etc. available. And what's available is easy to see--just pick up a tack catalog or go to one of the several websites that sell it!

Compatibility with other packs. I think that it should allow veterinary practices from Cats and Dogs to also handle horses, as well as the other way around. My vet handles livestock, horses, as well as cats and dogs (and some other stuff, I think! She does everything!).

You have some great ideas. We def need the largest lots put in both farm worlds and in a Horses EP. As large as animals are and as much space as they take up with their items, we need hoods with a few 60x60 lots available.

Having a large animal vet would make for some interesting play.

Stores are something I miss from the Sims3. Grocery store, larger inventory elixir shop, pet store, full inventory store when vacationing( alongside the yard sale table that has reduced prices, because I love that table). Although many would probably like free saddles, bridles, blankets, ECT., I would rather buy them at a tack & feed store. Shopping is fun and going in and picking out what you need for an animal without taking a day out of your play to make your own and assign an owner would make for easier play and not just in a horses pack.

Riding gear and clothes for Sims would be neat. I could see pony rides for kids and walk along rides for toddlers who if they had the right trait would consider it too high off ground, independent would wish they could ride alone, but enjoy it fully, ECT.

As I mentioned, I hope unicorns and Pegasus are easily obtainable and also made in CAS if a simmer wanted to.

Putting horses in farming would hurt both horses and farming because neither would be fleshed out because the other takes to many resources. Would be unfair for those wanting a real farm experience since Sims3 and asking since way back then. Also would be beneficial for horses and fleshing out everything for them and fantasy horses.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Anything could be possible now. Maybe the game developers are testing out new horses to be able to be playable in Sims 4? Which could have been the reason why it's still not release yet.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Anything could be possible now. Maybe the game developers are testing out new horses to be able to be playable in Sims 4? Which could have been the reason why it's still not release yet.

I've heard for a long time that the code is there for some of it. Wheather it is true or not, I don't know; I don't know anything about the coding. But now that you mention it, it does make you wonder why it has been there if it is and why has it taken so long. Perhaps it is the closed world causing issues. Pegasus would def be something that has never been in the game, officially. Would be neat to fly in the magic world in Realms of magic instead of taking that flash path.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top