Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we have to subscribe and pay for Origin now monthly to play the Sims?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
I keep getting a message telling me Origin is in Offline mode but I try going online and nothing. nada. zilch. zip
So I went to download Origin again to make sure there might be a newer version and I noticed there is a Subscription service now? But I still can't go online even after I downloaded the latest version of Origin. So, I'm wondering if I actually have to subscribe now just to play my games I already own? That would really blow.

EDIT: On a hunch I completely uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled and now it's running fine. So I guess that answered my question.
Post edited by FlamingoKicker1 on

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @FlamingoKicker1 I'm glad you were able to get on 🙂. But to answer your question yes, Origin has a subscription service that allows you to play games without buying them. You pay so much a month depnding on plan, *but* if you cancel your subscription you lose not only access to the games but also your progress, saves, etc
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Oops, my bad. What I described earlier is a separate service. You do NOT have to pay to play the sims unless you want the perks that come with the monthly plan, known as Origin Access.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    You don't need the Origin monthly subscription if you already purchased your sims games. You just need to download the origin client and find your Sims game in your game library on your account.

The only reason to get Origin's monthly paid subscription is if you want to try out a lot of different EA games. If the only thing you want is The Sims, then just buy the DLC when it has a big sale going on and you'll save more money that way.