Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Need a Medieval Expansion Pack!

I understand that some people wouldn't be interested in this, but for those who want to play an accurate medieval life for their sims, this would be a great pack. I know that there is already a medieval sims, but they have not made any new ones since, and I would prefer that they just add it to the Sims 4. I

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would so love a Sims 4 Medieval Pack with Camelot & Vikings.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes to this!😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DarthAsianKarenDarthAsianKaren Posts: 30 Member
    Yes to this!😁

there a zombie mod for that: https://www.sacrificialmods.com/downloads.html
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2020
    Only if they can program the locals to stay in their own world. I hate that Sulanians invade the Willow Creek library (and everywhere else of course)! This is the problem with period worlds.
    They should at least give us the tools to build our own Medieval setting.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I would personally make use of this, as I love historical gameplay (and do have a spellcaster/medieval/Harry Potter-themed save that I play regularly) but I think it'd conflict a lot with all of the other modern expansions. It ruins the immersion when a sim dressed in a band t-shirt and a mini skirt comes running onto the lot with her phone, when you're trying to play in the 1500's :P

At least (for the most part) every other pack has fit in nicely with the rest. A Medieval one would just be so incredibly different and would be better off as a stand-alone game.

Mods and custom content can definitely help in the meantime though. I have an entire folder dedicated to medieval gameplay that I just take out whenever I'm not in that save, so I don't have townies in my other games coming in with full blown ballgowns or knight outfits.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    With dragons to fight! <3<3<3
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

I'd prefer it if the dragons could be tamed and ridden. I'm so tired of games in which dragons are the bad guys, or monsters to kill.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    I would personally make use of this, as I love historical gameplay (and do have a spellcaster/medieval/Harry Potter-themed save that I play regularly) but I think it'd conflict a lot with all of the other modern expansions. It ruins the immersion when a sim dressed in a band t-shirt and a mini skirt comes running onto the lot with her phone, when you're trying to play in the 1500's :P

At least (for the most part) every other pack has fit in nicely with the rest. A Medieval one would just be so incredibly different and would be better off as a stand-alone game.

I agree. My idea to explain and get around this would be instead of having an actual medieval world, have a renaissance fair world where people come to experience what medieval life was like. The only downside would be in order to keep it contained it would have to be a destination world, which would be tough because it would be nice to live there, but otherwise you'd have people in costume wandering around all the worlds.

But you could have sims learn blacksmithing, archery, and swordplay/fencing. They could buy a butter churner to make their own butter, there could be festivals like jousting or tests of strength, and they could even bring back the fortune teller. Maybe your sims could be proclaimed king or queen for the day if they win a lot of contests or get thrown into the stocks for losing or causing trouble.

Honestly, I think there is a lot of potential in a pack like this and I hope they make something like this someday.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would not be interested in this type of content for TS4.
  • Options
    MelsieYT wrote: »

I agree. My idea to explain and get around this would be instead of having an actual medieval world, have a renaissance fair world where people come to experience what medieval life was like. The only downside would be in order to keep it contained it would have to be a destination world, which would be tough because it would be nice to live there, but otherwise you'd have people in costume wandering around all the worlds.

But you could have sims learn blacksmithing, archery, and swordplay/fencing. They could buy a butter churner to make their own butter, there could be festivals like jousting or tests of strength, and they could even bring back the fortune teller. Maybe your sims could be proclaimed king or queen for the day if they win a lot of contests or get thrown into the stocks for losing or causing trouble.

Honestly, I think there is a lot of potential in a pack like this and I hope they make something like this someday.

I would definitely buy that pack. It would be good if a dress code could be assigned to the world somehow. However, it would need to be something more than the magic world. I'd want it to have several different lots.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    for those who want to play an accurate medieval life for their sims,
    I doubt they'd ever create anything accurate. It would be a ren-fair fantasy version of the sims.

Case in point:

Personally, I'd like an EP, that allows your sims to step through a portal to historical versions of each of the worlds.

Eg
    Early 1800's willow creek (Antibellum)
    Late 1800's Oasis Springs (Wild west)
    Iron age Granite Falls (Viking/early medieval)
    1300's Windenburg (Late Medieval)
    1700's Forgotten Hollow (Rococo)
    1950's Magnolia Promenade (Mid century/rock'n'roll)
    1500's Britechester (Tudor/Renaissance)
    Late 1600's Sulani (Late Renaissance/Pirates!)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    A big problem to this would be the same as it was in S3., the way the game dresses townies. It really breaks the atmosphere to be playing an old time period and have townies walking around in mini skirts and swim tops.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simguruninja posted a photo on twitter of his dog sitting at the computer desk. He has two computer screens. On one of the screens was the sims medieval. Anyone think that could be a hint? Seems odd lol 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Hope they add horses and dragons. I don't want horses in farming because they take up to many resources and then we wouldn't get farm equipment, cows, chickens, pigs, goats, ect. Horses would go great for midevil, fantasy, castle, cowboys ect. I could see them in armour now. :)
  • Options
    OnyxshadowOnyxshadow Posts: 10 New Member
    yes! please make this happen. Knights, witchcraft and castle! what's not to love? Would be awesome if there was an actual neighborhood or kingdom!
  • Options
    AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Sword fighting
    Archery
    Dragon riding
    The ability to write on paper/in books
    Horses
    The knight profession
    Court wizard profession
    Tarot reading also started up in the medieval ages so they could add it to a pack like this.
    More armor and medieval themed clothing would be amazing.
    I've been and still am all for all of this.

I'm honestly just bored to death with "real life simulation" stuff, and it has always bothered me to no end having those moments where my very medieval sims who live almost entirely off the grid and practice spellcasting and live in castles and old fashioned housing.. pull out cellphones and require computers to write books and letters.
  • Options
    Amavari wrote: »
    Sword fighting
    Archery
    Dragon riding
    The ability to write on paper/in books
    Horses
    The knight profession
    Court wizard profession
    Tarot reading also started up in the medieval ages so they could add it to a pack like this.
    More armor and medieval themed clothing would be amazing.
    I've been and still am all for all of this.

I'm honestly just bored to death with "real life simulation" stuff, and it has always bothered me to no end having those moments where my very medieval sims who live almost entirely off the grid and practice spellcasting and live in castles and old fashioned housing.. pull out cellphones and require computers to write books and letters.

Yes! It's a lot harder to cut out the modern influences if you fancy playing a historical save for a change.

We could also do with a wood burning stove, cooking things on a spit and so forth, all of which would work off the grid and offer different types of meal.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would prefer a Royal/Monarchy pack that would come with an ages neutral town so we could choose if we play in medieval, present,... :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would love a Brigadoon Town.

For those who don't know the story, it's about two present day friends that accidently wonder into a secret hidden town that's been alive for the ages. This town only appears one day every 100 years.
  • Options
    RavenfaerieRavenfaerie Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh yes! I would love a Medieval pack and would buy it in an instant! New Builds textures, village and castle styles and lots of medieval clothes, decorations, and activities in a neighborhood world to match! B) <3
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Nah, that would be too fun. Let's instead have an expansion pack based around bird watching.
  • Options
    ChaChaRealSmoothChaChaRealSmooth Posts: 2 New Member
    Favorited this! I love sims medieval and I hope we can get a sims medieval 2 with horses/ horse and carriage. I'd buy it and all of the expansion packs too.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2020
    Definitely all for it. Would love something like an RPG expansion.

I would choose, either Late Antiquity, Dark Ages or the Renaissance, into the the Enlightenment-French Revolution.

I've already built my castles I would love to have more floor heights, to build them up tho. It would be so cool to build up to a seventh floor.

I have my Royal Family and their dynasty locked and ready to go. and "The King who was Promised." Is my sim Prince Henry who is a mix of King Arthur Pendragon, and King Robert Baratheon.

We have Magic. Spell casters. In my world they're sort of like Clergymen/Maesters/Lore keepers, who also uphold sacred tradition and rites. I would love more magical Creatures... Daemons out of vampires. I've downloaded mods to make Satyrs, I would love Minotaurs, and Orcs and other half humanoid creatures, Gorgons.

I would love it if we had Knights, When we got Get Together we got Knights Armor, and Get Famous brought choreographed Sword fights.
    Why not make it so sims can do real sword fights? and just have the loser surrender.

On top of things to fight, I would love ways to fight.

Archery Skill
    Woodworking skill to craft bows and crossbows, and shields
    Sword fighting Skill
    Blacksmithing to craft swords, maces, and axes.
    Calligraphy skill - alternative way to write books, letters, autographs.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    Simguruninja posted a photo on twitter of his dog sitting at the computer desk. He has two computer screens. On one of the screens was the sims medieval. Anyone think that could be a hint? Seems odd lol 😅

He helped make the Sims medieval maybe he was just hoping someone would notice but I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sirius_nerdsirius_nerd Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to have a medieval expansion pack. Sword fighting, archery, and all that. We already have magic, medieval sims would just enhance that occult realm.