March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch coming out on 6/2

gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
I've watched the livestream and the new pack reveals by Lilsimsie, Pumbella, Carl's and others...

I was just analysing what's likely to break with the new patch/pack coming out.

Since I believe they said most items like sinks, electronics, bathtubs and such can be upgraded to work "off-the-grid" I think it's very likely that ALL CC appliances and electronics, kitchen, bathroom, everything will break.

Also, likely most gardening and maybe even weather mods will break also.

Now, I know the basics like MCCC, UI Cheats, simulation lag fix, are going to break, they always do.

I just hate it when CC breaks. It doesn't happen often but it'll take a while to fix them I think. They'll likely need to be re-designed I think. Unless S4S comes out with a batch-fix tool in their app.

I doubt any of my own mods will break, the ones I've released anyway. But I have a TON of personal mods I've created for things like gardening and such that will likely break.

I like the idea of this pack, I like it a lot. But I think it's very likely to break quite a lot of mods and CC.

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 640 Member
    The good thing about this patch--loads of stuff that should've been in there from day one (garbageman, firefighters, repo men); and some new features like improved bills.

The bad thing--it takes quite some time to delete all the old mods that I know for sure won't work, go to their respective websites (even if you've got all of them bookmarked in their own folder as I do) download the updated mods, then put them in there; only to learn I forgot a couple of things that are throwing a wrench in the game, quite often ONE CC item I forgot ages ago when deleting a lot of Sim-related CC. And broken CC is one of my biggest headaches.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes replacing broken mods after each patch is annoying. But it is what it is.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm seriously looking forward to it. The new features are going to be killer. It's just that we're very likely going to lose quite a lot.

Back when Island Living came out and all the bathtubs broke because of the mermaid thing, we lost quite a number of them because the CC creators released them ages ago and then abandoned them. I had quite a few that broke and were never re-released for the update. In fact, I think I only have one that was actually updated. I had to go find a new series that were created for the pack. This is likely going to happen again, only with a lot more things. Most of my lots on all of my worlds will break because of broken CC showers, tubs, and other electronics.

I'm really not looking forward to losing half my CC objects.

Mods will just take time. If any of my own break, I'm confident I'll be able to fix them within a day. Others aren't as timely or have a lot more to fix than I do.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited May 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm seriously looking forward to it. The new features are going to be killer. It's just that we're very likely going to lose quite a lot.

Back when Island Living came out and all the bathtubs broke because of the mermaid thing, we lost quite a number of them because the CC creators released them ages ago and then abandoned them. I had quite a few that broke and were never re-released for the update. In fact, I think I only have one that was actually updated. I had to go find a new series that were created for the pack. This is likely going to happen again, only with a lot more things. Most of my lots on all of my worlds will break because of broken CC showers, tubs, and other electronics.

I'm really not looking forward to losing half my CC objects.

Mods will just take time. If any of my own break, I'm confident I'll be able to fix them within a day. Others aren't as timely or have a lot more to fix than I do.

Many of the old tubs could be fixed with the Sims 4 Studio Batch fix, the same with the showers that broke with Discover University. If you aren't familiar with the program, you may want to check it out. They usually update within 72 hours of a patch with a new version and batch fixes for whatever they can correct. If you watch @luthienrising's updates thread, she will include Sims 4 Studio when it's ready to go.

http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio You will need to register to use the program but, membership is free.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I dont own alot of mods, but I know they're all going to break. Some of them have had new updates for a little while that Ive been too lazy to get to, and with a patch coming in less than a week I dont see a big point in downloading now. Other games have been occupying my time for the past couple weeks, so I'll have plenty to do while I wait for everything to update.

Judging by the patch, this is gonna be a killer for CC windows and doors and Im counting my blessings that I only go for CAS CC. I dont envy those that will have to sift through everything and find what isnt working.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,373 Member
    With a new ep coming out I'm very excited for but also intense dread has set in now that the date of the patch is on June 2. It seems I get all my mods up-to-date and everything running smoothly and BAM! along comes another pack/patch.*sigh*
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I need to make sure my current played sims have No CC, and be ready to remove all even MCCC just in case. I just got onto the wagon of some modded and CC clothes, so watch out for that. At least we can know in advance and we prepared
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    I think the SNB Bills app will have to be majorly overhauled to work with the new billing system. Which I think is great! But also I have gotten used to my mods, haha. I definitely understand the bittersweet emotions surrounding updates!
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Awenya wrote: »
    I think the SNB Bills app will have to be majorly overhauled to work with the new billing system. Which I think is great! But also I have gotten used to my mods, haha. I definitely understand the bittersweet emotions surrounding updates!

I already removed this mod. It doesn’t seem needed anymore.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Judging by the patch, this is gonna be a killer for CC windows and doors and Im counting my blessings that I only go for CAS CC. I dont envy those that will have to sift through everything and find what isnt working.

If they implement the new power billing system in the patch like in the stream, there's a very good chance it'll break ALL CC electronic devices. I'm hoping it's only a background change but there's a good chance they modified all electronic devices for use with the new billing system. If that's so, then all CC electronic devices will break also.

I really don't see how it'll break windows and doors. They're only changing placement of those objects, not the objects themselves. I may be wrong but we'll see tomorrow. If they changed electronic devices to add some kind of "power consumption" field to those objects, such as a fridge using more power than say a radio, then any CC object without those fields will either break, or not show any power usage.