Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Allow Pre-Editing of Studio Lot Variations Using The Eco Lifestyle Lot Technology

First, I’d like to share my appreciation of how all the different variations of the new Community Space lot type can be customized by the players. It is a right step in the direction of building/world editing freedom, woohoo! :D After watching the livestream, an idea came to me about applying this technology onto the Studio lot type that came with Get Famous.

Right now, the Studio lot type is locked with its several variations that represent the different themes of the acting career. Without the FreeBuild cheat, players are only allowed to customize the lot after work days. Most importantly, even with the cheat, the customized lot variation would not be saved, and will be reset to the pre-set variation when the same theme comes up next time. All of these mean that we are restricted to the pre-defined variations. Seeing how we can open up and edit the different outcomes of the Community Space lot type now, I think it presents a perfect time and opportunity for a revamp of the Studio lot type.

If the same mechanism can be applied, then I propose to open up the presets for player-customization. It can still require the FreeBuild cheat, but the different variations will be saved accordingly for future-use (e.g., Making Moosic). I believe this will greatly improve the freedom of world editing. Moreover, if the team has concerns regarding essential Live Mode objects being deleted, they can put in item requirements just like how there are item requirements in the Community Garden, Marketplace, and Maker Space.

Comments