Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of small gripes about my game today.

I redecorate the Landgrabbs mansion. Gave them a slight makeover (new clothes, toned down Nancy's makeup..). Even hired them a butler.
More importantly, I aged Johnny Zest down to a teen (set him about half way through the lifestage using MCCC). I manually bulldozed the house next to what was 'his' trailer and set him up with a tiny campsite to start my version of a runaway teen challenge.

RfHpjoX.png

This was all well and good until
-Johnny lost or never had his homework
-He came out of the gym shower wearing glasses and a variety of other accessories he didn't own, in addition to a towel
-He keeps putting on a different coloured helmet every time he gets on his bicycle

It's really interfering with my immersion. I spent quite a bit of time making sure his outfits only incorporated about eight items plus the same shoes and grey socks.
I'm also having some difficultly deciding whether to play the Landgrabb house in a rotation, or just concentrate on Johnny. Right now Johnny has a fairly intense dislike for Nancy (whom I set as his mother using MCCC) but he doesn't know the rest of the family, which I may need to fix...

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The not having homework is probably because you aged him down. You can buy new homework from a bookshelf for 1 simoleon.
    As for the weird accessories with game generated outfits, that has been a thing for ages. Running the clean outfits action through MCCC can sometimes fix this.
    The bike helmet works as intended. I'm not a fan of this either, it would be nice if it worked the same way as umbrellas or bowling balls - choose once and stick to it. However, if you add the bike helmet to one of your sims outfits and your sim is wearing that outfit when cycling, that helmet should override the random ones.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks @MDianaSims that is helpful! :) I’ll check out clean outfits. Is it part of Dresser or another module?
    I suppose ultimately he doesn’t stay in the helmet or towel that long, but it rubbed me the wrong way this morning for some reason.
    I may need to add a library to Oasis Springs in order to obtain some homework. Unless a day or two of school will produce some?? It may be unrealistic for Johnny to be doing so well anyhow...