Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About Farming

RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
So I have been thinking a bit on the farming idea. No one here really knows what is on the board to be released in the future except the EA team. Maybe an entire expansion / game pack isn't on the cards for it and maybe there is. If there isn't, what if they broke it down into smaller projects?

Farm related decor could be a stuff pack.

There could be a canning station and cheese / yogurt machines set up as free content updates

A farmer's market/ county fair could be set up as a game pack. This could include a small petting zoo and may introduce livestock to the game.
With farming features released in other ways that would leave only the actual farming which could be split up into two distinct paths of a new career choice - livestock farming and crop farming.

Livestock farming would include milk, egg, cheese, and textile production (wool). So they could raise sheep, cows, rabbits, llamas, horses, pigs, goats, and chickens. Maybe not all of those can be released but even if we got three of those it would be cool. Considering llama's were kind of the mascot for the Sims it would give a nod to that if they brought them in. (To get around the "dark" side of it, they could simply be sold - leaving their fate completely unknown.)

Crop farming would be raising wheat, oats, flax, barley, corn and cotton. The seeds for these would be slightly different in how they grow than the garden seeds we have now. I don't know if any of you have ever played with the Farmer vocation in the Lord of the Rings. In that game when you plant a crop seed you get a small field you harvest. Right now if we plant a seed we get a plant that fills one square. A crop seed would be multiplied and might fill up nine, twelve or sixteen. We could also sell the crops using the phone or the computer.

New interactions might include:

Discuss agriculture, talk about crops when conversing with someone.

Check almanac, check market prices, check weather when using a computer or your phone.

Using the mail box you can send sample of crop to be tested for quality.

Joining the Farmer profession would have requirements to level up based on what specialty you choose whether it's raise so many crops of a certain quality, sell so much produce or sell so many animals.

There are so many things they can do with a pack based on farming that I have only scratched the surface on what has been shared over the years here. But because there is so much - maybe we should take a different approach on how we ask them to implement it. Maybe asking for certain aspects of it might be better than asking for the whole thing all at once.

Post edited by RebeccaThurston on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love more harvestables, especially if they make them pretty and decorative like the mandrake plant and not just the nondescript bush. I don't care for large scale farming, having a small plot of plants if fine with me. They could harvest barley to make cereals for breakfast or to feed chickens. I don't want a chicken farm, just a small coop with a handful of chicks.