Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Question

Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
I've noticed that one of the lots in Britechester has an orange circle with a white triangle and orange exclamation point on the inside popped above it. No sims are living in the lot nor have I ever touched it.
Does anyone have an idea as to why this has popped up? I do play with mods, so maybe that has to do with it?

https://i.imgur.com/OkjxEbZ.jpg[/url
Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It means its missing one or more required items. Don't think it has anything to do with mods.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Looks like its the Commons building. It is missing something. Did you recently uninstall or disable a pack?

You can go to manage worlds and click on the building and go into the build/buy tab it has. Look in the top left corner and you can see what is missing.
  • Options
    Looks like its the Commons building. It is missing something. Did you recently uninstall or disable a pack?

You can go to manage worlds and click on the building and go into the build/buy tab it has. Look in the top left corner and you can see what is missing.

I haven't touched the lot nor have I disable/uninstall a pack... very strange
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    That is strange. Did you pull your mods folder to the desktop? You could try that and then go into the game to see if it fixed it or not. If its still there, then its not a mod.

I think I would just go to manage worlds and see what it is that is missing.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    That is strange. Did you pull your mods folder to the desktop? You could try that and then go into the game to see if it fixed it or not. If its still there, then its not a mod.

I think I would just go to manage worlds and see what it is that is missing.

I'll go and do that now!

6/3 tables
    30/10 chairs
    2/2 couches
    4/4 desks
    1/1 waste disposal
    1/1 toilet
    1/1 sink
    1/1 cafeteria station
    1/1 debate podium set
    1/1 microphone
    Doesn't seem like anything is missing.
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    edited May 2020
    No, everything is there. Strange indeed. I assume you pulled your mods out also?

I would go to Origin, game library, and scroll over to your S4 game, right click and "update" game. Possibly use "repair" game if that doesn't work.

Or

You might be able to save the Commons building and then delete it and replace it. Or maybe try to just move the lot and set it right back down would possibly work.
  • Options
    No, everything is there. Strange indeed. I assume you pulled your mods out also?

I would go to Origin, game library, and scroll over to your S4 game, right click and "update" game. Possibly use "repair" game if that doesn't work.

Or

You might be able to save the Commons building and then delete it and replace it. Or maybe try to just move the lot and set it right back down would possibly work.

I'll see if repairing it works
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    > @Missmagoo2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'll go and do that now!
    >
    > 6/3 tables
    > 30/10 chairs
    > 2/2 couches
    > 4/4 desks
    > 1/1 waste disposal
    > 1/1 toilet
    > 1/1 sink
    > 1/1 cafeteria station
    > 1/1 debate podium set
    > 1/1 microphone
    > Doesn't seem like anything is missing.

The exclamation mark over a building can also happen when a lot has an item it's not expecting for its current category (residence, bar, etc.)

University Housing, for example, will show that icon if you try adding a stove to the dorms since the category of University Housing doesn't allow stoves.
  • Options
    JEHooks wrote: »
    > @Missmagoo2 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'll go and do that now!
    >
    > 6/3 tables
    > 30/10 chairs
    > 2/2 couches
    > 4/4 desks
    > 1/1 waste disposal
    > 1/1 toilet
    > 1/1 sink
    > 1/1 cafeteria station
    > 1/1 debate podium set
    > 1/1 microphone
    > Doesn't seem like anything is missing.

The exclamation mark over a building can also happen when a lot has an item it's not expecting for its current category (residence, bar, etc.)

University Housing, for example, will show that icon if you try adding a stove to the dorms since the category of University Housing doesn't allow stoves.

I never touched the lot, so I'm still not sure what happened.
    Repairing the game seemed to fix whatever was wrong with it!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    Glad you got it fixed !