Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims refuse to do University homework in their own room!

No matter what game I play in, any Sim that does their homework in University will get up from their own desk, or bed, or chair, and walk all the way across the dorm and sit on one particular NPC's bed (with all the other Sims who are doing homework).

The only fix I could come up with was removing my Sim's dorm room door, and trap them in their room until their homework is done. I really don't want to have to keep doing this every single time my Sim has to do homework.

My Sim wouldn't even choose the comfortable couch in the common area! It was always another Sim's bed on the opposite side of the dorm, and all the other Sims doing homework would sit on the same bed. Any extra Sims would do homework on the desk closest to that bed.

Comments

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Two more ideas that are simpler than removing doors.
    1. Lock the doors. You can either lock your Sim into the room you want or lock your Sim out of the room you don't want.
    2. Change the bed assignments. Assign your Sim to the "homework bed".
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 2020
    Since University I've noticed that no one wants to do homework alone. I have a save with 5 teenagers. Each has their own room and their own desk (okay, the twins share, but they still have two desks). They will all troop down to the dining room table to do homework together, rather than do it on their desk.

In another save I'd have a kid playing with the dollhouse in his room. I'd put the homework on his desk, tell him to do it, and he'd go down to sit with his sister who was painting instead.

Edit from last night's play session - Next generation. Dad is in Uni. Kid is a toddler. Mom is in the culinary career, so at work. Dad goes in to sit on the kid's bed while the toddler is asleep to do his homework.

Later, Kid is a child. Kid was given homework in his room. He goes down to homework by his grandpa (NPC) who is visiting and using the yoga mat. Mom was at work, dad was making dinner. Then when grandpa finishes with the yoga mat, he goes into the living room to dance. The kid follows him to finish his homework.

I'm now convinced that something in the homework tuning has them seek out other people to be with when they do their homework.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    In my dorms I always have a central study with a large table where everyone can do their homework, computers and bookshelves.

I assign all the beds and lock all the bedroom doors so that only the sims who sleep in each room are allowed to enter that room.