Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Trailer features

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
I combed through the trailer like a maniac and tried to identify everything. There’s a couple objects/features I’m not 100% sure of though.

I definitely saw these:
CAS hair and body: Two buns. Medium hair with shaved sides. Medium shaggy. Textured hair with part.
CAS clothes and accessories: long flowy dress, men’s overalls, cropped turtle neck, short dress with collar/lapel.
Build: Reclaimed wood paneling. Shipping container walls. Angular windows. Ladders!
Buy: Garbage clutter (at least in debug). Recycling machine. Power generator. Community bulletin board. Wind turbine. Leafy plant. Modern looking chair. DIY wingback chair. Rabbit-ear TV!
Live: Death by flies. Dumpster diving. Soda making. Candle making. Community flea markets. Food truck/camper.
World: Community Garden Lot. Dump lot. Possible that these evolve.

I may or may not have seen, or am unclear about, the following:

CAS: New Tattoos? New eyebrow rings? Half-rimmed glasses??
Build/Buy: Outdoor icebox? Butterfly shed? Research machine? 3D Printer? Scooters?Edit: these might just be bikes/e-bikes
Live: Butterfly raising? Wearing paper bags over your head? Vacuuming the air...?

If you caught anything I missed or have any insight into what some of the questionable things I saw, please drop a comment below! I’m pumped for ladders, scooters, flea markets, and death by flies!
Post edited by jadonbakes on

Comments

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    There are also container walls (not sure if it's a new build tool or just a wallpaper, probably just a wallpaper).
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Vertical gardening spaces and new planters.

Patio shelter/roofing. A couple of new shelving units. Selling table. Some new windows and doors and wall deco.

And yes, new ring piercings. And a new hat. upcycled flare jeans. I think also new sandals (not sure if they're new)

It also looks like a new food truck or stall.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Cardboard toy for kids:
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/06/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle-new-screens-from-origin/
    Oh, that wasn’t shown in the trailer but still neat
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sim-made candles actually melt, just noticed that. That is a pretty fine detail.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    ohh it would make more sense that it was a catapiller that can turn into a butterfly than the big fat worm he was having heart eyes for... i like that... yes i think that will be a build by item...
  • Options
    ohh it would make more sense that it was a catapiller that can turn into a butterfly than the big fat worm he was having heart eyes for... i like that... yes i think that will be a build by item...

Confirmed it is a butterfly shead you can see it more in this picture...

ts4-ep09-official-screens-02-002-1080-article-2.png.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Confirmed it is a butterfly shead you can see it more in this picture...

ts4-ep09-official-screens-02-002-1080-article-2.png.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w.png

Those are crickets no? I think it's a bug house.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    that is crickets? 🐸🐸🐸🐸... so fat bugs and crickets?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's also the bird house
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sim-made candles actually melt, just noticed that. That is a pretty fine detail.

that is pretty cool...
  • Options
    HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    Please let it be butterflies
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    HannaEB wrote: »
    Please let it be butterflies

@HannaEB I’m thinking it’s gonna be a variety of bugs, like the rodents from MFPS
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ohhhhh. I'm going with cricket-like insects (that start out as fat grubs), tied with this from the pack description:
    Extremists might scrounge through the dumpster, too, to get their next buggy treat or components for a new creation
    Entomophagy FTW!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I'm excited for ladders, now just give me spiral staircases!
  • Options
    HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    Ohhhhh. I'm going with cricket-like insects (that start out as fat grubs), tied with this from the pack description:
    Extremists might scrounge through the dumpster, too, to get their next buggy treat or components for a new creation
    Entomophagy FTW!

I was looking at the screen grabs, and I saw that.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If you look at the lady making candles, I think this pack is going to be full of things to craft, and that'll be what makes it expansion size.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope we can have the candles in bathtubes like in SIms 3 hehe I'm quite excited for this pack, need more information.

@luthienrising I don't think its about entomophagy, more like composting and gathering food scraps to place inside the bug house. IDK.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    If you look at the lady making candles, I think this pack is going to be full of things to craft, and that'll be what makes it expansion size.

I think you're right! The more I examine all the fun craftable items the more excited I get. I am a sucker for skills in this game and this seems to be full of the artsy stuff I enjoy. I also love that there are many things for outdoors. One of my favorite stuff packs is Backyard Stuff because of the bird feeders so I would love to add a ton more features to spice up any outdoor area! I can't wait to learn more about this pack. I am getting less cynical the more I study the things we've been shown so far. Please don't let me down Sims team!
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Excited for vertical planters! I think I saw some in the trailer. And I hope there’s some sort of juicer to make those juice/soda bottles with.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I hope we can have the candles in bathtubes like in SIms 3 hehe I'm quite excited for this pack, need more information.

@luthienrising I don't think its about entomophagy, more like composting and gathering food scraps to place inside the bug house. IDK.

It might be a wormery - they are a thing using worms to create compost
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I listed here some of the things I saw in the trailer.
    • solar panels
    • death by flies
    • chinese takeout container
    • dumpster diving
    • what appeared like a new roof type, made of steel
    • trash compacting machine
    • community garden lot
    • selling bottled juice and preserves
    • new type of bikes made of wood :)
    • candle making
    • garbage dump lot type maybe
    • a notice board for whatever
    • big cargo ships
    • bird house
    • vertical garden planter
    • bug hotel
    • some kind of engineering equipment that makes hand held vacuum cleaner
    • windmills
    • rain collection funnels
    • ladders
    • green coloured roofs
    • bottled juice
    • garden planters that can hold more plants
    • indoor satellite dish
    • what appeared like energy saving bulbs
    • crafter's market
    • northern lights
    • tiny lots
    • beautiful industrial town with big port, cargo ships, huge train tracks and cargo trains
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Excited for vertical planters! I think I saw some in the trailer. And I hope there’s some sort of juicer to make those juice/soda bottles with.

There is a juicer/canning station. You can see it in the picture in the link, it's the machine in the far background with the big copper tank. You can also see it in the trailer.

https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/original.png

I read in one of the descriptions that it will be possible to upcycle textiles to make clothes, so there may also be a sewing machine or something similar.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly this pack sounds like it adds a combination of a lot of stuff simmers wanted! I see a lot of things I would be interested in and I'm going crazy for the new world in all of it's trashy glory.
    Still don't like the overall theme personally but atleast i have some hope.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I wonder how many lots there will be? Just those three or four in the trailer? I am wary with Del Sol Valley being so small that there may be a lot of shells placed beside liveable houses that we cannot access, especially as the town itself is dynamic. Or, do we build the new buildings rather than the game generate them as the smog gets cleared and the town cleaned? I feel as if the game does it itself and I have a feeling that will be used as a reason/excuse to not give us too many. We can already see that some don't change. I am guessing they are shells.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    New shelving in build and buy and a new TV.
    Clutter items six bottles in a crate unless that's juice and game play related
    There's also a new plant.... don't know if you clocked them or not. Loving build and buy