Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live Action Sims movies??

I was scrolling through my twitter timeline and um... apparently there’s a live action sims movies in production. Hoping this is a joke, if not, I’m gonna riot.

What are y’all thoughts on it?

The link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1255284601880272897

Comments

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hahaha, I'm sorry, this is the first thing I thought of:

Sims Horror Movie :lol:

giphy.gif
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Why would you riot? haha
    It could be cool.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I think it would be pretty good! If they do it a right way 😂
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Oh well, why not? :D It would be interesting to see the Goth family & all other families from TS1 up until now. Will it be like the Truman Show or the Matrix?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hahaha, I'm sorry, this is the first thing I thought of:

Sims Horror Movie :lol:

Lol! This is interesting! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Why would you riot? haha
    It could be cool.

To me, it couldn’t work as a movie tbh and already been enough live action remakes 😅. “Riot” was the wrong word to use anyway.
  • Options
    MySimsHaveStoryLinesMySimsHaveStoryLines Posts: 4 New Member
    When I saw a post on my instagram explore page about it, I cringed, but what if it was like The Truman Show or the Matrix like someone else above me? That could get interesting, haha.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was scrolling through my twitter timeline and um... apparently there’s a live action sims movies in production. Hoping this is a joke, if not, I’m gonna riot.

The link:

It's not a joke this movie has been rumored for atleast 10 years and in the can.
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member

The link:

It's not a joke this movie has been rumored for atleast 10 years and in the can.

Oh wow.
  • Options
    evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    This may be showing my age, but I remember when that clip of cinematic gold came out, and I'd watch that movie. I'm interested to see what they make of the Sims movie, mostly out of curiosity. The idea seems so bizarre to me, but then again, so did a movie about a Lego man.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    It does make me wonder about how successful the movies would actually be. Us simmers out there that play the game religiously and are huge fans would obviously go and see it but casual Sims players maybe not so much and (again could be wrong) I feel like there are probably more casual Sims players out there now days then there are hardcore Sims players. I dunno, do we really need a movie? :neutral:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Was JUST gonna make a topic about this...most stupidest idea ever! NO!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Assuming its actually in the making for a theatrical release, Im skeptical. Video game movies in general dont exactly have a great track record of being box office hits.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sims 4 is my all time favourite game, but I have 0 interest in a movie haha
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I'm a hardcore player and I'm not sure I would watch it whenever it comes out. Maybe if it comes to netflix or something like that, but certainly not in cinema. The Sims doesn't really have a storyline, so I don't see what they think they could make a movie out of.

Also, Simcity's fans aren't even really Simcity fans anymore, most of us moved on to Cities Skylines. Who do they think is going to watch that one?