Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anything teen related in the upcoming packs?

We all noticed that in the latest survey teens didn't show up in the question about what lifestage we would like to be improved.

This can mean a lot of things, but being this a speculation thread, let's say it can mean that we're getting something teen related in the upcoming packs.

If that would be the case, what teen related packs would you like to see in the game?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My first car stuff pack
  • Options
    darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    Studying for your driver's licenses, sneaking out, suspended from school (for the defiance or goofball trait, skipping school or leaving school early, or having a below C grade level). I'd really like to have the option to gain college credit while in highschool (if you have UNI), and for the basic game; join a trade-school while in highschool and being able to jump start your career in the trade-school certificate you earned when you become a young adult, or maybe have "intern" as a job option so you have a jump start on any career you choose as a young adult. I also thought the random acne breakouts were cool in TS2 (I know you can get a moodlet in TS4 for it, but in the TS2 it actually changed the sims face and they had to apply acne cream). Actually being able to study for the standardized tests (because somehow my sims ALWAYS seem to have the "didn't do so well" pop up). Those are just some off of the top of my head that I think would be awesome additions for teenagers :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Things I would like in a Teen's Pack (doesn't all have to be the same pack)
    • Cars and getting a license. I don't care that the car would just be a deco object and maybe an opportunity for skill building.
    • School Dances (even though I only went to two of mine) and attire options for the same. In the spirit of emulating my High School, I'd also like an option to have a "MORP" - or a casual dance, as opposed to formal ones. I'm also okay with these being rabbit holes.
    • Update the Parenthood Curfew board so that kids can have different curfews (curfew time set per kid, rather than per age level, and an older kid might even not have one), parents can offer/kids can ask for extensions on curfew or special curfews for a particular event, and different curfew times on weekends. Oh, and if the kid is out with a parent, that doesn't count as breaking curfew. (I just played with the Curfew board again after a long time of not, and I'm reminded why I stopped.)
    • More after School activities (sports, Social clubs)
    • AP classes/College Credit classes so you can start University a few credits ahead
    • In decor I'd like to see more posters. A lot more posters. Without Frames. And just more weird and whimsical stuff that isn't "Kiddy" for decor in general. (Fandom inspired stuff, dragon stuff, maybe more sword rack options, sports trophies, Science club trophies, etc.)
    • More music options. I'm thinking Brass, woodwinds, and percussion. (More strings would be cool too.)
    • Private School - gets more AP credit, costs simoleans, greater chance of coming home tense. (Doesn't have to be just for Teens.) Oh, and much as I despise them IRL, Uniforms. But Uniforms would also work with the Calendar system to have "casual days" that coincide with holidays that aren't days off from school.

Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Teens most of the time are in school all their lives so I would really want after school activities, playing football, cheerleading, etc. I also want them to tutor the kids, and become a scout counselor as a part time job or volunteer. I would want them to learn how to drive with a permit then take the test by passing or failing depends on how they were taught I would want for them more homework other then the notebook and take a test to get into a university. I would also want a teen hang out spot not like a club but with other teens coming to hang out I know we have trait but I also would want one or two lots for teens to hang out specifically. I would want prom, homecoming, and graduation.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    How about teenage house parties, when parents are away? Bonus if neighbours get to call the cops. They should also bring back the magazine stand that sells readable magazines, so sims could buy comics and all kinds of magazines that improve the fun meter.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    After school activities like scouts and drama, but for sports and music. Short term aspirations, which may be available to Teen through Elder but are designed so that they can be accomplished either during the teen stage or after aging to elder on normal life span. Some hobbies that are most common to teens or YA like skateboarding or some of the things mentioned in the survey (cheerleading, fandom, etc). Also a lot type called an Arcade or something like that intended as an entertainment venue for teens and children rather than a bar. All of those would be shared with other life states, but would help flesh out the teen stage most of all.

There could be events like dances that could be teen only, I imagine if you had a whole teen themed pack you could have a school gym lot or something where these would happen kind of like CL festivals or IL events. Dances, sports events, science fairs, etc.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The survey had highschool and cheerleading both I have wanted for awhile but besides that I'd love group activities like sports that can be played by multiple Sims if we get cheerleading football should come along with it obviously not a full game but some options to practice because really who are they cheering for. A teen venue would be great arcade or skate park so there can actually be other teens to interact with beyond the walk by teen lot trait. Obviously if cars come driving should be a huge thing for teens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Teen Wolf
    Teen Angel
    Grease
    Pretty in Pink
    The Breakfast Club
    Hunger Games
    Divergent
    The Brat Pack
    Young Guns
    Sweet Sixteen
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Oh I’d love that!!!! And sneaking out past curfew too.

I really hope we’ll have some teen content. I really loved the high school idea in the survey, they don’t even have a proper school right now!!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    How about teenage house parties, when parents are away? Bonus if neighbours get to call the cops. They should also bring back the magazine stand that sells readable magazines, so sims could buy comics and all kinds of magazines that improve the fun meter.