Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Took the feedback survey, and they forgot teens exist lmao

Like, the #1 lifestage that I, personally, would like developed to have more gameplay are teenagers (prom, sleepovers, more afterschool/teen organizations, stuff like that) and they aren't even on the list! Adult and Young Adult are separate, even tho those stages are effectively identical, and they even included babies, but teens are completely absent. I'm laughing so hard omg :D

Lc7wSgB.png

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I noticed that as well, kind of sad!

Otherwise, I thought the survey was pretty cool, hopefully they take some of the ideas into action!

Some of the survey seemed a bit repetitive, like the Culinary career. Don't we already have a culinary career as well as Dine Out? What's the point.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited April 2020
    Same here! I hope it’s just a mistake.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I have a feeling they left out teenagers because new content for them is already in development...
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    actually young adults and adults are not the same. adults could and should get the midlife crisis and there is definitely more
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Well let’s hope it’s a high school then, they need one!!
    I have a feeling they left out teenagers because new content for them is already in development...

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I noticed that as well, kind of sad!

Otherwise, I thought the survey was pretty cool, hopefully they take some of the ideas into action!

Some of the survey seemed a bit repetitive, like the Culinary career. Don't we already have a culinary career as well as Dine Out? What's the point.

That's not a culinary career.You can't be a chef
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

This was my thought too.

About the culinary, i think that they're refering to a culinary contest like masterchef where you're given some ingredients or choose some ingredients and you have to make up a recipe.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    They look like young adults. I wish they were 13-15 years old. The teens in TS4 are 16-17.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    They look like young adults. I wish they were 13-15 years old. The teens in TS4 are 16-17.

If they add cars, TS4 teens would be able to drive. :wink:
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

If they add cars, carpools/school buses/taxis... and the story progression I might accept The Sims 4 better.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Did they just basically admit that teens in the sims4 are nothing more than young adults?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think they're already planning something for teens.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited April 2020

Hence, they need to add in the height slider to make this life stage better.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I’d like a height slider but for that they would need to redo all the animations.
    xamira99 wrote: »

Hence, they need to add in the height slider to make this life stage better.

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Can someone please clue me in. Keep hearing about this vote but I haven’t seen it? When was it and is it still going? If so where can I find it. I am subscribed to emails but haven’t had one
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Can someone please clue me in. Keep hearing about this vote but I haven’t seen it? When was it and is it still going? If so where can I find it. I am subscribed to emails but haven’t had one

You get notified about surveys in game.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NXLJX3L
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    Just took that survey. Maybe it's still too early but I'm so happy to see the Story Progression coming.
  • Options
    StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    They honestly arent much different that YA in the game so EA prob just clumped them together in their thought process
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    :confused: Literally I was coming onto the forums today to see if anyone else had posted about this...

I cry!! Teens are #1 on my list for "I want deeper gameplay", dang it! I tweeted @SimGuruFrost about it, hopefully he replies...
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2020
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    :confused: Literally I was coming onto the forums today to see if anyone else had posted about this...

I cry!! Teens are #1 on my list for "I want deeper gameplay", dang it! I tweeted @SimGuruFrost about it, hopefully he replies...

I want babies update but somehow, I don't expect a lot new gameplay for toddler and child.
    Yeah, I agree with you, I want more gameplay for teen. And I hope they didn't look like a young adult.

Some said the teens isn't there because something is already on work.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I also noticed that teens are missing. With the cheerleaders, mall and High school as options I have the impression they already planned something teen related.
    crocobaura wrote: »

This made me laugh. This is the one options on cars that I always forgot in previous versions of the sims. I live in a country where teens are not allowed to drive. We have to wait for the day we become legally of age to drive. So I always forgot to let teen sims drive. ;)
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Noticed that too. Would have been in my top three if they had included them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    That stinks, they always brush off teens in TS4. Teenager sims get no love in this version. I loved teens in The Sims 2. I cannot stand how they try and act like YA's are teens.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I mean, they've forgotten about them for years, just like with every other life stage that isn't young adult. And on that note, I find it weird how both YA and adult were in those polls when they're basically the same, meanwhile teens where completely left out. Young adult shouldn't have been an option at all since they've already gotten 99% of the gameplay since this game has come out.