Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant bug ?

I don’t know if anyone is still running a restaurant. I just start one and there seems to be a new bug I didn’t notice before. The customers would come in get greeted. Then they would sit down and instantly stand up again and continue to chat with each other standing until the food comes then they sit down to eat. Is it a new bug cuz it is very annoying !

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It’s not new. They just can’t stay and sit like normal people at a restaurant. They get up, chat, go to the bathroom (ok, that’s fine.....as long as they don’t bring their meal with them), go outside, etc
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Really. I remember playing it when it came out everything worked fine ! I can’t even click on a customer to give recommendation now they just won’t sit down. I don’t remember having this problem before!
  • Options
    Omg this restaurant management is unplayable !!!! The waiters are also always running out of the restaurant and playing with the rain or snow. Customers are just not sitting. Sometimes food is served but nothing appears on the table. Are they going to fix this at all ??? This pack is a mess !!!!!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I like restaurants, but not to run them. They really work much better if you only visit them as a customer, though I have a pizzeria that I downloaded from the gallery where everyone gets served except for my playable sims. I think there might be something wrong with the furniture placement.
  • Options
    An update. I delete all my tables and chairs and put in new and different ones. Strangely this helps the sims finally sit down. However food still disappear half the time. Basically out of four groups of customers only two groups got served in 5 sims hours. I wonder if these bugs have something to do with the layout ...?
  • Options
    More observation. The reason food disappeared is the customers actually went home (left the restaurant) soon after they sat down. Basically this messed up the game big time cuz the empty tables with invisible food are now unusable. So after 5 hours the whole restaurant broke down.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    great i just bought pack
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    I tested the pack with a maxis built restaurant and the same problems persist!
  • Options
    slamonda wrote: »
    great i just bought pack

My condolences. Hopefully they will fix the pack ....
  • Options
    More update. So I tried playing the game in normal speed the entire time. It turns out it works much better. I was able to run the restaurant for 7 sim hours with only one error! I have done tested it twice it seems to be consistently working. :)
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I'm having a glitch where the workers don't show up and everyone just walks up and down the lot. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    There is an issue for visiting restaurants, sims do not fully eat their meals.
  • Options
    If I open my restaurant before 8am sometimes my waiters don’t show up. But I I open after 8:15am they always all show up.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    There is an issue for visiting restaurants, sims do not fully eat their meals.

I don’t have any problem visiting restaurant. But running it is an ordeal.
  • Options
    More update. I noticed perhaps the reason why customers left before the food arrived is due to the limit of the number of sims in the active lot! I had mc command to reduce it from default 20 to 15 so that my laptop can run the game better. So I reset it back to 20. The restaurant management becomes more acceptable. But still when there are more customers than the maximum the bug still occurs.