Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do sims insist on back floating in a pool when tired rather than going to bed?

That's the fastest way to die. I'm just letting the game run. There's numerous beds on the lot their own and nope they're going to back float when exhausted resulting in them drowning. Must be those smarter sims

Comments

• Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I personally haven't experienced this - is there a delay in the interaction being cancelled? There is a mod to resolve this.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    I personally haven't experienced this - is there a delay in the interaction being cancelled? There is a mod to resolve this.

They never cancel it themselves. I have one save where I kept manually cancelling it and they get out. A short time later they're going back to the pool to back float. With this Sim family (I made a new one), they didn't last a day.They were all dead during the first night due to drowning because I wouldn't intervene
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yeah, don't expect your Sims to know what is best for them. They don't.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've had this problem too in a challenge where Sims had full autonomy. I resolved the issue for myself by just not building any pools on lots with uncontrolled Sims anymore. The autonomous action to back float is set way to strong. Sims will ignore all their other needs while doing it. In my opinion, it needs to be tweaked so if their energy is too low, they won't do it at all or stop doing it when their energy reaches a certain lower level.

Of course though, there's some Simmers that might look at this as an easy way to kill their Sims and not want it changed at all. In that case I can see why they'd like it. Here's another example of where toggles would be a good idea. Unfortunately though, the Devs have said that toggles are not an option or doable in this iteration. *shrugs*
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Remember "smarter Sims"?

It seems when pools were first introduced they made them too appealing for Sims (remember when they'd get whims to buy a pool? ALL the time?) and they've never really turned it down since then.

Maybe your Sim's bed is a cheap--and therefore less appealing--bed, so your Sim is gravitating towards the object that seems most appealing.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    That's odd. I've never had them do that.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    That's the fastest way to die. I'm just letting the game run. There's numerous beds on the lot their own and nope they're going to back float when exhausted resulting in them drowning. Must be those smarter sims

Lmao, watch GrayStillPlays on YT and you’ll have your answer in less than 15 minutes 😂😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    (remember when they'd get whims to buy a pool? ALL the time?)

More specifically an at least 1x1 pool. Which I enjoyed accommodating. Then they would hang out in their beloved 1x1 pool and "swim laps" 😂

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted