Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game: Continue the Story!

So I was thinking... wouldn't it be cool if we all just stitched together a story?

Rules are simple:

1. Continue the story from where the person before you left off.
2. It can be serious/funny/sensible/weird/etc.; add your own touch to it.
4. Use your own discretion for length.
5. If a story finds an end, the next person can start a new one.
6. Remember to abide by forum rules!
7. Have fun 🙂

Ex:

The person before you said: "I walked down the street under the light of the full moon. When I turned the streetlight corner, I saw a lady dressed in..."

You can say: "a purple frog costume. Just as I was about to ask her what in tarnation she was doing, she told me she wanted to know where the costume convention was..."

^^and on!

I'll start:

I'm tied to a chair in one of those creepy old warehouses, with my hands stuck together behind my back. I've been yelling for the past half hour, since nobody has bothered to tape my mouth shut. Amateurs. There's the strangest song playing from the stereo by my chair, though, and it sounds like...

Comments

• Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    ...a Christmas song...? In the middle of Summer?? I don’t understand. But nothing in my life makes any sense anymore. Not since...
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    ... someone came knocking at my door this morning claiming they were the pizza delivery man. The catch? I never ordered any pizza. It wasn't even noon yet, anyhow. But who turns that stuff down? Little did I know this would be the start of one cooky day, when I opened the door to find...
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    ... an old lady with a pair of Armani sunglasses and immaculate white hair, dressed in burgundy knee length coat. She didn't say anything at first, her brows rising a bit. "Pizza?", I queried, noticing her empty hands. Where's it?...
  • Options
    ... "I hear you're a detective," she purred in an exotic accent. Italian, I think. I poked my head out of the front door and twisted it this way and that to make sure this wasn't some hooligan's idea of a good laugh. "Listen, lady, I think you have the wrong person... I-" I was cut off when she let herself in, swiftly and, impossibly gracefully, walking past me into my house...
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    ... She didn't seem to be talking to me. Then she faded away, everything returned to normal. I bought this apartment recently, it's moderately priced and well maintained, I heard that it was first used as a band's studio in the late 80s or early 90s. After that it was also inhabited before me. It has been normal, except one time I found bloody, dirty golden metal fragments in half of the tea...
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited April 2020
    ... Perhaps the dead maids were trying to punish me for living in the apartment? I wish I knew. I bought the apartment after I got evicted from my old house. The landlord said that I was insane and that my so-called “hallucinations” were keeping me from distinguishing what’s real and what’s not. I told him that he must be out of his mind for making such a baseless accusation against me, and he simply replied with “I don’t want an insane person living in my house. I’m evicting you.”. I was devastated. I was evicted for something completely out of my control. I wanted to file a lawsuit, but decided against it as I am not a confrontational person, and the house was horrible anyway. It feels like the whole world is against me now. My landlord, my own mind.. the only person that hasn’t left me yet is my dog. However, my career as a detective is still flourishing, even though...
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    ...there's a slight detail I haven't cared to share yet: I don't have a license. Nope. Neither does my little ballistic weapon. What do you expect? I'm broke, I just bought another ramshackle house I can't really afford, and I'm supposed to waffle out the cash for two little pieces of "officialized" plastic? No way, Jose. That's why I thought that that lady I saw just then had the wrong person. I'm not even in the yellow pages. That's why most of my clients are grubby husbands using their after-beer pocket change to try to find out what their wives are up to, or con-artists trying to find who's coming at their throats next. She, that lady I mean, was too fancy. Too chic. Too pristine to know of my existence. And then my doubts were confirmed when she utterly disappeared! Sure, I've had some weird things happen to me in this lot, but none this perplexing. I scuff the toe of my foot on the rug, sighing with the disappointment that a failing detective has when they get a false lead. That's when I feel something hit my toe. I look down to see that the lady had left...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ... a shiny penny. “What the hell?”, I furiously gasp to myself. How could she leave such an unremarkable and humiliating “tip”? “That greedy woman...“, I say, as I turn over the penny as I pick it up. To my surprise, I see a small sticky note. It has “Meet me at the warehouse.” hastily written on it in red ink...
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    ... I stood there for a while, wondering what type of halfwhit this lady thought I was. Then, I came back to reality and realized I really needed something to pay my bills. The last thing I needed now was to get evicted from this place, too. So, I got into my 1983 model Ford Fiesta and stepped on it. It took quite a bit of driving, too, since I live in the middle of the city. When I got there, I could see half of the huge doubledoors was hanging slightly ajar. It creaked and groaned at its hinges. I took a deep breath and...
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited April 2020
    ...suddenly felt my entire body go numb. "BRRAAAPPP!" Opps... I farted. I paused just a second, took another deep breath and let it go... again... "Shzzzzzz..." This feels so good. For a moment, I feel a slight relieved, but then...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    ...I stepped into the warehouse, anxious for what I will find there. The first thing I noticed were bright, almost blinding lights that covered every corner of the building. The next thing were rows and rows of textile folded neatly. I stepped further into one corridor, investigating the surroundings. Everything seemed ordinary except that there was no one, no security, no cameras. I reached into my pocket to investigate again the penny with lady's writing on it. However, it changed in front of my eyes, spelling: "Don't look at-" The lights went out.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ... I felt fear enveloping me. Shocked & scared, I hastily reach for my phone in my pocket. But it isn’t there. I look for the penny. I can’t find it anymore. I feel my stomach sinking. I look for a light switch on the walls, I look for a door.. I can’t find it. As I anxiously walk across the warehouse, I bump into something.. “What’s that?”, I think to myself. I kneel down and feel it with my fingers, trying to figure out what the object is. I feel a handle, which makes me think that it’s a drawer of some sort attached to what I think is a table. I open the drawer and put my hand inside. To my surprise, I touch something shaped like a flashlight. “How convenient,”, I think to myself. I take out the flashlight from the drawer, and look for a switch on it which I find after a few seconds of looking. I turn it on, and the light takes a while to turn on. After a bit of worrisome waiting, it emits a dull light. I shine the flashlight across the warehouse, looking for a light switch of some sort or the double doors that lead me here which I could use to get me out, and to my surprise, I see...
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    ... a familiar face under the dim light standing across me. I try to figure out, who or what it is. As I walk closer to the figure... I startled and nearly cursed. "You gotta be kidding me!" I talked to myself as I see my own reflection. There is a mirror in front of me. It glitters and shine from every angle as I move closer. The mirror is so huge! "It feels like I could be transported to a different dimension," I whispered to myself. I started imagining how wonderful it is if I could actually go to a different realm or universe instead of paying my bills. Ever since my encounter with the mysterious pizza lady and the notes, it feels like I am not me anymore. "Yes, you can..." I heard a soft voice whispering...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ... I turn around, and to my shock, I see that I am not in the warehouse anymore. I'm surrounded by mirrors in every angle. I yell for help, hoping that someone, the person with the soft voice, would hear and help me.. but my voice echoed and bounced back from the mirrors. It suddenly came to me that I had no way out. The floor was made of rock-hard concrete. I tried punching the first mirror I saw. "Ow!", I yelled out in pain, and to my surprise the mirror was as hard as a wall. I then punch every mirror I find, and on the last one, I think to myself, "I'm doomed. I'm trapped here for sure..". I attempt to punch and break it, and sure enough, nothing happened. All of the mirrors were as hard as a wall. The only thing I achieved to do.. was injure my fist really bad. I reach in my pocket, hoping my phone is there. Of course, it isn't. But I find something else. I find the shiny penny my client gave to me as a "tip". Except, I notice something.. "The color is different?!", I gasp in disbelief. "H-how is that possible?!". The color had changed from a copper brown to light silver. Was my mind playing games with me again? I examine it thoroughly, but I don't find anything else noteworthy. In anger that I'm probably doomed to be stuck here forever, I throw the penny at a mirror. And shockingly, the penny goes straight through. "What the hell?!", I scream. The mirror then starts glowing purple. A portal then appears. I hear the same woman with the soft voice whisper "Come inside..". I pinch myself to make sure that this isn't a dream. It isn't. I feel pain from the pinch. I close my eyes for a bit and then open them, thinking that I might just be hallucinating. But I realize that I'm not. At first, I put my hand through the portal. It feels cold. I then reluctantly go inside, thinking that it could be my only ticket out of here. I go through a vortex, and I land in a world which I can only describe as "strange". I see..
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ...that everything is black and white. Like, in old movies before technicolor was invented. All around me. The desk, the desk lamp, the chair, the hardwood floors... that's when I realize I'm not in the warehouse anymore. I'm in some type of office, a small and snug one too. My first instinct is to look for a door, and sure enough there's a half-glass door to my right. There's words inscripted on the frosted glass. After struggling to read the backwards writing, I make out "Charlotte Mills: Private Investigator." Why is my name on that door? While my mind tries to wrap itself around the situation I'm in, I become aware of the music coming from the corner. Jazz? Who listens to that stuff anymore? When I flip around, I see that it's coming from... a record player. Not one of those turntables either, I mean one of those humongous wooden originals. Suddenly, a male voice calls from the only other door in the room. I swivel over to see the backwards lettering on it saying "Assistant." My heart is pounding with confusion. "Charlotte?" it calls again. The door opens, and I find a man looking like he came straight out of a classic noir mystery film. He's in one of those 1930's fedoras and a suit that makes him look like Humphrey Bogart. He...
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    looked around and looming behind him was ReShade Test Sim, (the sim in my profile picture) who was blinking between being blurry and swirly and any ReShade filter you can think of... Then, Reshade Test Sim did the unthinkable, she...
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    ... She started breakdancing right there, right behind the man, changing between every imaginable miraculous hue with each second of the nonexistent music nonexistently pulsing in the room. I stand there for a moment, mouth aghast, before breaking out of my stupor and laughing like a madwoman at the spectacle. Apparently, the man doesn't see the human discoball scenario happening behind him, because he actually looks at me like I am a madwoman. Reshade sim then...
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    switched back to normal, just a basic sim. She breathed heavily. "IM BEING CONTROLLED! HELP! THIS IS MEEEE!" She screamed aggressively. She breathed heavily and said "Oh... SHE MUST'VE SWITCHED ALL THE FILTERS OFF!!!!! IM FREEEEEEEEEE!" I then question who "She" is and what the "filters" are. I look around, then see one wall had been switched to glass. Staring at me was a confused woman smashing on a giant keyboard and clicking with a giant mouse. The glass fogged up and the wall appeared again, and Reshade Sim disappeared. I then...
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    ...blink a couple times before daring to open my eyes again. Everything is back to normal. Well, not normal normal, since everything is still black and white like when I first got here. "Charlotte? Can you hear me?" I look to see the guy's still here. He's not wearing a name tag either, so I have to hope he's not used to me calling him by his name too. "Yeah. Sorry, it's been a crazy day..." "You suppose? Why, you finally solved the case of the runaway stage coach driver! The fella's in good hands now, you bet." I find myself squinting a little at the way he speaks, seeming as old as everything else in the room. The only thing that isn't outdate is the fact that he's my assistant here, apparently, and not the other way around. "Anyway, I've been trying to reach you to tell you some broad's been wanting to speak to ya, about a new case she wants you to take up." Right then, that same lady that started this mess, the fancy pizza lady, comes into the room. Only, dressed in one of those vintage pieces. She...