Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 and origin not opening at all (Fixed)

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I haven't been in my game in two days. I just now tried to open it and origin several times and they won't open.
What is going on? Please help.

This is exactly why I have always been weary of DLC only formats.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
Post edited by simgirl542 on

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    try turning your computer off and turning it back on a try again
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I did that. It didn't help. Origin stopped responding then the task manager froze when I tried to close origin that way.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin using the beta version
  • Options
    I'm using the beta version of origin. I didn't know there was another version. It keeps freezing and saying it stopped responding like Windows Internet Explorer used to do before I quit using it.
    How am I supposed to uninstall and reinstall origin if I can't even get origin to open?

Can someone please help me with this? I can't get into my game because of this issue.
  • Options
    okay if your already on beta then uninstall that by finding your origin file and right clicking it a list of options should come up one of those is
    uninstall click that then go to origins download page and reinstall the normal version not beta
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    It's not working for me but was earlier. Now it says credentials expired, trying to act like my info is wrong, it's not, it's Origin
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    It's not working for me but was earlier. Now it says credentials expired, trying to act like my info is wrong, it's not, it's Origin

what version do you have if its beta uninstall it and download the other version @smurfy77
    it may work or it may not its worked for me before
  • Options
    It's fixed for me.
    I didn't need to uninstall origin at all.
    All I had to do was follow the first fix that's listed in this link:
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/origin-wont-open-solved/

After restarting and clicking the origin shortcut on my desktop I was prompted to update origin, which I did, then I had to put in my log in info again, and now it's working for me.

Apparently the cache was "clogged up" pretty badly.

I wrote down the steps so if it happens again I can delete those same files again.

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member

Were you able to get a fix? I’m having the same problem as you.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options

what version do you have if its beta uninstall it and download the other version @smurfy77

I have most recent version of it as far as I know, besides I was able to play not even an hour before this happened if I had wrong version I couldn't have gotten,in then, still won't let me in
  • Options

Still going to try to uninstall and reinstall
  • Options

Uninstalling did not fix my issue, I,played all day yesterday took an hour off then,boom can't get in, and still can't, this is not right
  • Options
    SimmerMars wrote: »

Were you able to get a fix? I’m having the same problem as you.

Nope, uninstalling did not help me and I played all day yesterday, logged out for an hour and suddenly I can't get in. Still can't get in...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    My husband got in, what he did he clicked reset password, he reset it then it still wanted old password and got in, hope this helps til they fix their product
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    My husband got in, what he did he clicked reset password, he reset it then it still wanted old password and got in, hope this helps til they fix their product

I’m so glad you were able to get it fixed! I’m still in the same position. I have tried numerous times to change my password but still haven’t received an email. I don’t know if my account was hacked or disabled. I checked the gallery and uploads are all there and username is still the same. When I search my EA name I can see my post on ea answers. So I have no clue what’s going on with my account. Oddly enough is says the last time I was on EA answers was yesterday, which isn’t true. Unless they count logging into origin as the same thing. I was able to play my game yesterday morning, took a break for a few hours and haven’t been able to get in ever since. This is so stressful. I’ve had my EA account for over 10 years and never had this or any problem before. I’m hoping I can get back in. I don’t want to lose all of my games. I have both sims 3 and 4 on origin.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    SimmerMars wrote: »

I’m so glad you were able to get it fixed! I’m still in the same position. I have tried numerous times to change my password but still haven’t received an email. I don’t know if my account was hacked or disabled. I checked the gallery and uploads are all there and username is still the same. When I search my EA name I can see my post on ea answers. So I have no clue what’s going on with my account. Oddly enough is says the last time I was on EA answers was yesterday, which isn’t true. Unless they count logging into origin as the same thing. I was able to play my game yesterday morning, took a break for a few hours and haven’t been able to get in ever since. This is so stressful. I’ve had my EA account for over 10 years and never had this or any problem before. I’m hoping I can get back in. I don’t want to lose all of my games. I have both sims 3 and 4 on origin.

I'm so sorry, I hope so much you can get back in, I hate that so much for you