Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traveling issues

I've been trying to send my Sims to their second home in Union Cove. The first couple of times, the game shut off prematurely. The last few times, they made it, but then it got the dreaded Error 12. How can I ensure an error-free trip?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Is this second home in a different world from their homeworld or is it essentially across town?

If you are traveling to a different world that is not from WA, Uni, or ITF, then I take it you are using the NRaas Traveler mod. Are ErrorTrap and Overwatch also in play to help ensure a smooth travel transition? Are you attempting travel after a fresh startup of the game to help reduce the overhead on the travel transition?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    They live in SimMeapolis. The second home is in Union Cove. I have Traveler, Error Trap and Overwatch. I added the sister--who isn't from SimMeapolis--to the active family in order to have the visiting story. I may have used s3pe to make some space because I thought space was the issue. I load up the game, wait a million years for it to load. Then I sent everyone who's out back home. Some calls to make the travel arrangements. There are 4 people in my family now, including the visiting sister. Should I not have added her?
  • Options
    They live in SimMeapolis. The second home is in Union Cove. I have Traveler, Error Trap and Overwatch. I added the sister--who isn't from SimMeapolis--to the active family in order to have the visiting story. I may have used s3pe to make some space because I thought space was the issue. I load up the game, wait a million years for it to load. Then I sent everyone who's out back home. Some calls to make the travel arrangements. There are 4 people in my family now, including the visiting sister. Should I not have added her?
    S3PE is a package file editing program. This may not be relevant, but can you explain what you had done with it here?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I deleted files from the Union Cove world and another world. It cleared a lot of space.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I have to admit, I have never heard of a player editing a world file that way. Is this what you meant, or are we talking about removing the SNAP files from a game save (not the world file), which is usually harmless if restricted to just those and would be the equivalent of using Save Cleaner, only more complicated?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    The one that looks like a piece of paper, not the one with the "e" next to it.
  • Options
    How a file looks in a list through explorer is a function of the program associated with it and is individual to our own computer setups.

Maybe we should concentrate instead on the two worlds between which travel is being attempted. If either or both are overpopulated or overly complicated, that can overload the travel transition even with all of the protective mods in place. Can you travel one sim, as a test, between the two worlds succesfully? Or no sims at all? (double-click on them in the travel dialog to send them all over to the left side in order to transition between the two worlds without any sims "on board")

Does attempting travel only on a freshly started up game session help? How about if you temporarily reduce all of the graphics related Game Options to the bare minimum before doing the save and reload before travel -- the game will not look nice that way, but it's just temporary to see if we can get the transition to complete with as little stress on it as possible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    No, but I'll try it.