Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bathing Dogs not working

So my current family has four pets two golden labs, one black lab, and a cat. One of my gold labs decided to play in a puddle (which she got scolded for afterwards) but now that she's filthy I want to have one of the adults bathe her. The problem is, it never happens. I click on bathe > choose the one I want and the sim asks the dog to go into the tub. The problem is, all the dog does is jump around happily then the queue cancels itself and the dog is still filthy. I even put in a different tub and changed adult sims doing the task. Still nothing.
This is all going on while one of the other dogs is constantly begging for a walk which is super annoying on it's own. She's not getting walked at night and especially not in bad weather.
What is going on with the bathe dogs thing? All I want to do is have one of them bathe her then go to bed.

Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have found that if there is not enough room around the bathtub, it causes a routing error and the que gets cancled.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My dog got in the nath fine but never got clean. The progress bar never moved and the sim just kept bathing her and she never got cleaner.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Put a bathtub outside or in a room with lots of space with nothing around it and try bathing the dog. This just happened to me last night in a 2 by 3 bathroom. I ended putting the tub on the front porch until I redesign the house for a bigger bathroom.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    That's the thing though, I made a large garage like room for all of the pets with all of their things in it on the walls with only their toys in the rest of the room and first put the bathtub next to the wall and then in the middle of the room but the dog still wouldn't get into the tub.
    I don't mind having one pet in a house so it can be easily watched but when you have three dogs and a cat it's nice to give them their own room especially when you have an upstairs that you want to keep them out of.
    I'll try it again.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is working perfectly fine for me.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There has been problems with shower/tub combos so if that's what you're using, try with a bath-only tub.
    If you are using mods/CC, have you tested without? They may be broken and need an update. If you have Sims4Studio, you could try a batch fix and see if that helps.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    When bathing my pets I only use the wood-looking bathtub because it looks like an outdoor tub. I don't normally use shower/tub combos unless there's no room for them to be separate.

I tried to bathe the same dog again and for some reason it worked this time.

What's sims 4 studio?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    When bathing my pets I only use the wood-looking bathtub because it looks like an outdoor tub. I don't normally use shower/tub combos unless there's no room for them to be separate.

I tried to bathe the same dog again and for some reason it worked this time.

What's sims 4 studio?

Its a tool used to make CC :) It also has fixes for some problems/bugs with CC.

Glad bathing the dog finally worked! Hope it stays that way :D