Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many expansion packs do you think Sims 4 will end up having?

We’ll finish 2020 with at least 9 expansions (maybe 10) so I’m curious how many you think we’ll end up having in Sims 4?

Sims 1 had 7,
Sims 2 had 8,
Sims 3 had 11,

I’m inclined to guess 12-13 although we never had game packs in the other series, just the stuff packs, so this may actually reduce the number of expansions packs made?

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Given that EP size in sims 4 is like half of that of Sims 3, lets say 22 EPs!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Until they finally put all the themes in Sims 4.
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Hopefully many more... With the addition of updates and improvements to existing EPs like they talked about in the community survey a while back! If they truly flesh out and add features to existing EPs, that would be like some extra EPs in itself!
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think more than sims 3, but not MUCH more. Probably like 12 EPs, but Sims 4 has more content than Sims 3/2/1 I htink... Given that we already have more stuff packs and the addition of game packs.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I think more than sims 3, but not MUCH more. Probably like 12 EPs, but Sims 4 has more content than Sims 3/2/1 I htink... Given that we already have more stuff packs and the addition of game packs.

More packs doesn't equal more content. We're 5 and a half years into TS4 and it's still not got as much content as the last two iterations had at the end of their lifespans.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Not many more, i think. I used to play in my laptop with ultra settings and no problem. Now with almost all packs (im still missing 1ep 2gp and 1sp) my laptop fries in ultra. I have to play in medium and def loose a lot of details 😥
    Of course im not saying they should stop because of people with relatively old laptops. But i think they intended to have the game working in the more kind of machines possible.
    For me it could go on and on as long as some issues and bugs are taken care.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited April 2020
    Karon wrote: »

More packs doesn't equal more content. We're 5 and a half years into TS4 and it's still not got as much content as the last two iterations had at the end of their lifespans.

TS4 now has far, far more content than TS2 and it’s not remotely close. TS2 literally just had 8 EPs and that’s it, as TS2 stuff packs didn’t have gameplay. Most of TS2 EPs like Pets, University, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life, etc. were severely lacking in content by today’s standards.

TS3 meanwhile would be a more interesting comparison as it had more EPs, bigger EPs, and lots of store content.
    Post edited by elelunicy on
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I could see 12-15 total since they would use gamepacks and some stuff packs to add other themes people want.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990