Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rose's Town of Salem Mafia (Town Win)

Comments

• Options
    LucidLennyLucidLenny Posts: 180 Member
    Nerd has been lynched. He was a Mafioso. It is now Night 2. Night 2 ends at 6pm CDT 4/16.

*she
    Where's the will?

My will was,

"Hi! My name is Mafioso, your friendly neighborhood psychopath!"

Your will is a 10/10. :)
    Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    That was great! :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I told y'all I lied about being Lookout. I hope you like my will :D

Yeah, lookout is a very common claim for mafia due to how easy it is to fake wills for it.

But what's the point of faking your will if they're are gonna flip mafia anyways?

I had wondered that too. I'm not clear on how wills work in this game as opposed to TOS. Like, can anyone ask to see someone else's will before their death, in this game? If so, there would be reason to have a fake one, but if not, it makes little sense.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I told y'all I lied about being Lookout. I hope you like my will :D

Yeah, lookout is a very common claim for mafia due to how easy it is to fake wills for it.

But what's the point of faking your will if they're are gonna flip mafia anyways?

I had wondered that too. I'm not clear on how wills work in this game as opposed to TOS. Like, can anyone ask to see someone else's will before their death, in this game? If so, there would be reason to have a fake one, but if not, it makes little sense.

Some mafia have multiple fake wills they will choose to use depending on what people claim as.
    So when you die, all your fake wills will be posted but when you're alive you'll work on both until you have to claim, but keep the strongest one as your aliby.

Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Nerd, that was a cute will. I keep wanting to type Nerdy because once I played mafia with someone whose name was Nerdy ... so if I type that by accident one day, please forgive me.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Where's the will?

Oof. forgot to post it. edited it in.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Gone for two hours and had 320 posts. And yay I was right about Nerd being mafioso or SK! I thought it was more likely to be SK but at least my second guess was right.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I really wanna play this setup again, except coven. It’d be so fun!
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I really wanna play this setup again, except coven. It’d be so fun!

I'm with you, I'd just rather not be Mafia next time :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    If I host this again, I'm gonna allow whispers. I feel like that will help the whole mass claim situation.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    If I host this again, I'm gonna allow whispers. I feel like that will help the whole mass claim situation.

Yes. No mass claims.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Mass claims were the best part of it though.. but oh well, I guess it's hard for evil roles. Instead of SK, will there be a plaguebearer or arsonist? @TheRoseHorse
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    And will there be trials too?
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Mass claims were the best part of it though.. but oh well, I guess it's hard for evil roles. Instead of SK, will there be a plaguebearer or arsonist? @TheRoseHorse

I might. idk

I feel like the trial system doesn't really work all that well for a forum like this.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

I might. idk

I feel like the trial system doesn't really work all that well for a forum like this.

Trials only work if everyone is on at the same time, unfortunately.

And the mass claim situation... I'd say something more about it, but that'd probably be too on-topic so I'll withhold my comment.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

I might. idk

Trials only work if everyone is on at the same time, unfortunately.

And the mass claim situation... I'd say something more about it, but that'd probably be too on-topic so I'll withhold my comment.

If you feel like it's too on topic, you can pm me. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ngl I knew this was going to be really hard for the evils because of the fact that there's no claim space. This is the same role set up used in TOS classic, where if everyone knows how to play the game, the town always wins.

I suggest editing the role list to include more Random towns, or use the role list from Ranked instead which has 3 RT towns and add a few edits.

Ranked Role List (but there's one more extra slot)

Jailor

Town Investigative

Town Investigative

Town Protective

Town Killing

Town Support

Random Town

Random Town

Godfather

Mafioso

Random Mafia

Random Mafia

Neutral Killing

Neutral Evil

Neutral Benign

Only issue is that now we have a lot more roles and investigator results. Personally, I'd tweak the list to be something like this. (NOTE I HAVEN'T BALANCED CHECKED THIS IT'S JUST A SUGGESTION)

Town (9)

Jailor, Lookout, Town investigative (sheriff/invest), Town support, Town killing, Town protective, Random Townx3,

Mafia (3/4?)

Godfather
    Mafiaoso
    Random Mafia x 2? (framer, disguiser, consigiler, consort, )

Neutrals (4)

Neutral killing (I would put werewolf instead of SK)
    Neutral evil (jester/executioner)
    Amnesiac x 2

I really don't know if this is balanced lol. Amnesiac is a role that can "remember" their past identity (which occurs when the person looks at a dead person) and assume the role an allegiance of the dead person. They can remember any role, even veteran or werewolf or a mafia.

I just thought this would be fun and mafia has more claim space (neutrals, RTs and amnesiacs)
  • Options
    I don't know if this will be too hard for town, also I am aware that the numbers don't add up to 15. hhh i or someone else can edit this list soon
  • Options
    So for the list I made we either need 16-17 players.
  • Options
    LucidLenny wrote: »
    So for the list I made we either need 16-17 players.

As exciting as this is, and as much free time and boredom that ppl are dealing with, that might not be a problem.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

I don't really know how whispers will work in our forum or how you are going to regulate it but maybe to avoid mass claim, you can tweak the setup and say that there could be multiple repeated roles or give a more longer role list with roles that aren't in the game, like a Greater Mafia? That way the bad guys can have some leeway.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member

I don't really know how whispers will work in our forum or how you are going to regulate it but maybe to avoid mass claim, you can tweak the setup and say that there could be multiple repeated roles or give a more longer role list with roles that aren't in the game, like a Greater Mafia? That way the bad guys can have some leeway.

Whispers are pms 👍
  • Options
    Cuz mass claims are very hard to regulate. It doesn't make sense for only a selected few people to claim their roles... Once a person claims, people will tend to be more curious and ask others around and then it just spreads like that. 😂

So the only way to prevent it in a game where everyone has roles is to just give more options that could be repeated or that isn't in the game at all (semi closed).
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

But does Rose have to be in it as well? And how could whispers even stop mass claiming?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Oops, it went into the quote.
    x3vZicL.gif