Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Not Go Crazy Being At Home 24/7

KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
Actually, I have no clue, but if anyone does, please tell me.

My family's actually bad. We're practically at each other's throats every day because we're aggravated being stuck indoors 24/7. Never thought being inside could be so stessful.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I FELT it. We go at each other 24/7 because of this isolation thing. Honestly, all I ever do it play the Sims anyway, so I can shut myself away for hours and not have to deal with it, lol.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Shut yourself away from the family. Sit in your own rooms.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cachemeowsidecachemeowside Posts: 9 New Member
    I am fortunate enough to live with two roommates, both guys and I am a female, and to be honest.......I have no complaints what so ever with them. BUT! If I were at my parents house during this quarantine.....i genuinely do not know how I'd not lose my mind and patience....and also, I like to look up the City Police Active Call feed when I heard sirens, and the amount of Domestic Calls that are on that active all feed now compare to before quarantine....is concerning and extremely upsetting.

Any other time outside of this quarantine situation, I wouldn't mind having a significant other, but I am actually thankful that I am single right now. This entire experience has helped me learn to love being alone, rather than when I normally tend to do whatever I can to avoid being alone at all costs.

Thinking about you guys!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Take your aggressions out on a Premade Family (that's why EA put them in). So you don't have to go beat up and kill your own personal Sims (that you spent hours on), just go tag a premade Sim (Sims) and go for it! >:)

Once you feel better, you can switch back to your personal Sims. Be careful though - the Sim torture and killing lifestyle can be addictive... I speak from experience >:) ... (my poor little Sims) ...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm actually really digging it. But I love being alone to focus on what I want, and I also <3 more time with my honey. We're not newlyweds by a long shot anymore, but given more time together, we not only don't get on each other's nerves, but we tend to act like a couple of crazed teens who have the house to themselves for a weekend.

Offsets not going to the gym, anyway. :D

I'm really sorry and horrified to hear that people are hating each other instead of loving each other in this. If I could glitter-bomb the world in a magic relationship potion to give them comfort, peace, happiness, laughter, and fulfillment in each other, I would sure do it. :'(
    I married someone I could be stuck with in any unpleasant situation and just by us being together, it's not nearly as bad, and I realize that's apparently a rare blessing. But I wish it were not rare.

If one doesn't have someone to enjoy union with, laugh and talk with, etc. there are still the other things to enjoy about this: more gaming, more of your choice of creative outlet, whether that means painting, writing, jamming on your instrument, dancing in your pajamas, more yoga or pushups or stretching or whatever makes you feel good in your own body, more sleep, more dreams, more meditation, more Hygge, more contemplating your navel, and more doing nothing, because downtime in which to not be BUSY is vital to creativity, insight, and personal realization.

Time to get off the treadmill of rushing and doing and always having your mind occupied by externals, and maybe try diving deep into your inner world? It's good for the soul.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    On the other hand, I grew up in a dysfunctional family and if I had been in that situation now, I hate to think what would have happened. So people stuck in terrible home situations have it rough. :s
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Read a book. If you have some in your house you’ve been meaning to read, do that. If not, get the kindle version online so you don’t risk bringing germs into your house.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com