Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• Options
    LucewithloveLucewithlove Posts: 14 New Member
    @tink247 yes, post it please, we would all love to see πŸ’œ and we will surely leave a plenty of comments that will drown out any negativity from trolls πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    PatriPatri Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2020
    @tink247
    My english isn't that good (I think you will have noticed by nowπŸ˜‚πŸ˜…)
    Just to know, why is that a malicious comment?

Anyway, don't listen to them. I can't make sense of those comments ... don't they have something more useful to do?πŸ™„
  • Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    I went with a futuristic, somewhat post-apocalyptic approach. The gallery link is here.

00.jpg
  • Options
    GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    I'm so glad I found this challenge today! I submit the Rococo Melodrama household to this challenge (Gallery ID: GogoMadu).
    My sister and I have fond memories of watching Barbie movies in our childhood and right up until our highschool years. Our favorite was the Princess and the Pauper. The fashion of that era (Rococo) was full of frills and full bodied dresses, but there was also room for exploration. It was also one of the last times that aristocratic fashion was also mainstream fashion. I found it so interesting to hear of a time when leaders of a country were overtly lavish and did not pretend that they weren't spending their people's money in ridiculous ways. Pulling inspiration from the movie and French Rococo fashion, I created a bit of a story household. The characters:
    Louise Boucher: The 26-year-old princess (of the Kingdom of Fransim). She loves art and longs to travel the world to see the various types of visual art there is to behold. She is unconcerned with marriage and romance, she finds it to be a distraction in her life. For her, romance was never a real option. She is a princess, a pawn to be used in the power struggle, she will be married to whoever her father chooses and her free life will cease to exist. She feels bogged down and longs to fly away from her responsibilities.
    Elisabeth Boucher: The 18-year-old princess (of the kingdom of Fransim). Elisabeth is a breath of fresh air, her cheerful and playfully spoiled nature charms all those around her. She is innocent but extremely talented. She excels in all of the arts and is a major socializer. She is friends with all of the young ladies of court and often meets them for tea. She loves to sneak out with her friends and eat the delicacies in the common square and swim in the lake as though she were a common girl. However, don't get her wrong, she loves royal life. Her family treats her so well, and she loves them all. She can't wait for what life has in store for her next.
    Jean-Antoine Le Moine: He is the only son of the Le Moines (23), the Dukes of Fransim. He was simply born to be an aristocrat. All things lavish are his to enjoy, court musicians playing, a fine wine in hand, and a beautiful young lady in his arms. That is how life should be.
    Francois Barry: The son (27) of the Barons of Fransim (demoted in the last 3 generations for an attempted coup d'etat). He has begun working as a horse-riding instructor in the castle, however, he truly waits for an opportunity to snatch back the glory that should belong to his family.

Story:
    The King and Queen of Fransim were unable to bear any sons during their reign, only two lovable daughters. Due to this, they must marry their daughters off to powerful families in Fransim to keep the power in their family. Their oldest daughter has never been interested in marriage however as she approaches 27, she is no longer a desirable candidate to many princes in other kingdoms. As such, marrying her to the Dukes will ensure that the power in Fransim will still stay in the Boucher line while saving their younger daughter to bait more powerful countries to ally with them. As Louise and Jean-Antoine begin their royal courtship they find each other more and more detestable, Jean-Antoine finding Louise to be an old kill-joy hag and Louise finding Jean-Antoine to be a boorish man who couldn't understand elementary match, much less the intricate yet subtle messages found in art. Jean-Antoine one day hears Elisabeth singing in the royal garden and walks over to see her dancing in the pond with her shoes off. He finds the scene so amusing that he laughs out loud startling Elisabeth into falling. He helps her out of the water and when their eyes meet they are simply infatuated with each other. Though they try to keep their attraction under control, it proves too difficult of a task and they end up in a secret courtship, stealing off to hidden locations to hide their love from the secret eye. On the other hand, Francois Barry sees Louise as easy bait, if he offers himself as a companion to the princess, with his dashing looks and intelligent mind how could she refuse? After marrying her, he can move the people and court's loyalty from the Boucher's to the Barry and take over Fransim doing away with the entire Boucher line. But can he succeed? As their official wedding date gets closer, will Jean-Antoine and Louise truly get married with their ill-feelings? Will Elisabeth and Jean-Antoine continue their secret romance without getting caught, or were they caught long ago?
    IgYeaH1.png
    rmdKVj3.png
    UaVAM39.png
  • Options
    DeaSimmer0DeaSimmer0 Posts: 50 Member
    Sooorry! I am running late, I'll post the other pics in here later =(

knekqoO.jpg

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/21E97EC4998C11EA874AFEA0248E9294?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=DeaSimmer0&max=50&maxis=false

Ryan: Ah the 80's, NO! 1900?? oh not again! The 70's!! Since the crazy inventor installed the new clock in Cuckootown nothing is the same anymore! We wake up in a different decade everytime, and we forget everything and actually believe we live in this period!? But I think maybe we can help the town. In the end me and Jane always bump into each other and fall in love all over again and when we kiss, we remember! But... we just have a few hours until...!!
  • Options
    UbzsaHY.jpg

Ryan: Ah the 80's, NO! 1900?? oh not again! The 70's!! Since the crazy inventor installed the new clock in Cuckootown nothing is the same anymore!

OD9WZHE.jpg
    We wake up in a different decade everytime, and we forget everything and actually believe we live in this period!? But I think maybe we can help the town. In the end me and Jane always bump into each other and fall in love all over again

dQS6WZS.jpg
    ...and when we kiss, we remember! But... we just have a few hours until...!!

here is the link to the twitter post

• Options
    Ok i need to sleep but I will read and see every post and household!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
  • Options
    Ah! It has occured to me that I might have used the hashtag qlovelyqcc rather than qlovelysqcc. My apologies.
  • Options
    tink247tink247 Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you @GLovely1 @Flash5 @CatharinaSophia @DeaSimmer0 @Lucewithlove and @Patri , I really appreciate the encouragement. I was just very shaken by the immediate negative comment. I have found it difficult during quarantine to find any motivation and so I wanted to project a hopeful future, even for myself, and the comment really hit me deeply because of the current situation we are all in.

I won't re-uploaded the family to the gallery at this time. Not because the entry deadline passed but the negative comment I originally received really hit me hard and I don't want to risk anymore to lower my morale again. Here is the description of what would of been my entry for the contest. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload a screen shot here to show you the Olivares family; a young couple, Demetrius and Dianna, and their young toddler daughter, Elissa.

"A Post-Pandemic Family: In a few years, the pandemic will be over. We will once agin become prosperous, this time through simplicity. We will appreciate the smaller things; Sunday lunches with the family and face to face conversations. Opting to see each other in person rather than through a screen. The Olivares' are learning to navigate through this renewed life. Although unplanned, the young couple was blessed with a child of their own and now plan to teach the values their pre-pandemic society had lost. #GLovelysQCC "
  • Options
    @tink247 I am so sorry that this happened to you, if you wanna talk I am only a DM away. It is so awful that people will still act like this, especially in such a difficult time and in many people’s happy place!
  • Options
    Many thanks for nominating me @GLovely1 again ! πŸ’—πŸ’—
  • Options
    paulapg89paulapg89 Posts: 20 Member
    All of these sims look amazing! Great job everybody!! I havent been able to participe in a couple of this because life, but hopefully this weekend i can get some good CAS time lol
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    I'm so excited share your results of this last weekend's QCC but before that I just want to say once more that I appreciate the thoughtful care, happy energy & talented creativity all of you give to these CAS challenges! Your households always connect imaginatively to the theme and you repeatedly make it very difficult for the judges to score. Awesome sims & stories once again @nerdfashion @CatharinaSophia @Flash5 @pagounis @Patri @Lucewithlove @DeaSimmer0 and I loved seeing new simming friends join in this weekend! Fabulous futuristic world @JEHooks ! @GogoM I love how you've married the rococo fashion to the romance and drama of that era beautifully. Your screenshots here are like the icing on the CAS cake ;)

@tink247 Thank you for coming back to us and sharing your very thoughtful and caring story. I hope we've all encouraged you to believe in your own creativity and not in the inappropriate words of others. I hope you'll try this weekend's challenge with us πŸ’œ

@Patri I love nominating the awesim households I see so I nominated you again happily!

Also, thanks for coming to support this forum thread @Amuni50 and @paulapg89 πŸ’œ It's always great to see you and please enter any time creativity strikes you!

And now I give you the final results of this QCC ~ YAAAY! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‡πŸŽˆ

Fifth Place ~ JessicaJablonski with 1920's Couple
    Fourth Place ~ SimsandWhims with The Brown Family
    Third Place ~ @JEHooks with 2050s: A Polluted Future
    Pack Winners
    Second Place ~ @DeaSimmer0 with Always Find Each Other πŸŽ‰ Congrats Dea you've won a Sims 4 stuff pack of your choice!
    First Place ~ @GogoM with Rococo Melodrama πŸŽ‰ Congrats Gogo you've won a Sims 4 EP or GP

Thanks again everyone and directions for our Eighth Weekend Challenge will be posted here tomorrow! Stay safe and happy creating always!
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Congratulations to the winners!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    Congrats to the winners! I can't wait to see this weeks' theme @GLovely1 <3
  • Options
    Yaay! Thank you so much! You can see that we always have so much fun! And it so amazing to see so many different ideas with the same theme!
    Congratulations to all for the wonderful entries! I still need to get to the gallery and see all of them, but its always off now grrr! hahahaha
    Thanks again @GLovely1
  • Options
    Congrats to the winners!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations to the winners! 😍 I loved your entries πŸ’œ
  • Options
    Jessica16620288Jessica16620288 Posts: 3 New Member
    Congrats everyone, everyone’s entries were lovely !
  • Options
    ChristineRose5ChristineRose5 Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you guys so much for fourth place (Simsandwhims/The Brown family), I'm so happy you guys enjoyed my little family! Can't wait for next week's challenge!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! It was so fun to participate in this challenge, I can't wait for the next one! I am shocked and extremely grateful for the win. All of the entries were so interesting and thoughtful. Once again, thank you!
  • Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    Congratulations to the winners. All the entries were so creative. And thank you for third place. I rather enjoyed trying to look to the future with this challenge.
  • Options
    Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    edited May 2020
    So much fun! <3 I knew what I wanted to do, and I just didn't finish it soon enough (story of my life, right? lol). I think I'll post it anyway, just for fun ;)

And thanks again, @GLovely1 for putting together fun ideas each week <3
  • Options
    Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    YAY! Congratulations to the winners <3 and to all the entries, all were wonderful - so much fun to browse (and leave hearts on!!) Fun challenge, see you all in the next I hope. x
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    EIGHTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE!

Creative Direction & Rules:

It was a dark and stormy night ... you're hastily looking for shelter when you see the pitch black shadow of a house on the right. But ... everyone says that home is haunted *shivers*. Really though, a place to rest out the storm is all you wanted. What to do, what to do?! πŸ’œ Have you guessed this weekend's theme yet? It's ghost story weekend! Ghost stories have always been a part of our social history and who doesn't love a good mystery?! Here's what you do for this challenge ~ You may take the scene I just wrote and continue it. Let us know if your sim went in and if so what happened? OR ~ Create your own ghost story and try to give us a playful scare! I promise we'll all dare to read it no matter what ghost, goblin or spirit is there. Feel free to set us up only to end on a twist like there was actually nothing scary .. it was only the wind or your sweet neighbor Mary lol πŸ˜‚ You can also set us up by imagining where these stories are often told: Camping, slumber parties, movies, novels etc. and set your story around this type of activity. It's up to you so I hope you jump in and set your imagination free while thinking scary!

You may have from 1 to 8 sims in your household and each sim should be one of your characters in your ghost story. You may also include actual ghost sims but that is not a requirement. Please dress your sims in a way that helps emphasize your story.

Be sure to include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC in your description before you upload to the gallery πŸ’œ

Deadline ~ Monday 5/25 11:00 PM MST

Rules:
    1. Your description should tell some kind of ghost story.
    2. Design every outfit category for every sim according to their character in your story.
    3. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    4. Only Maxis poses.
    5. Reuploaded/copied creations will be disqualified.
    6. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!

Feel free to post pictures, screenshots (limit 3) here and the link to your creation in the gallery here too! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Stay safe at home and happy creating always lovelies! πŸ’œ
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top