Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most Snow?

Hi
Does anyone know which residential world gets the most snow? I have looked at a few websites that list the general weather per season in each region but I'm still not sure which one gets the most snow. I had an idea for a new save and want to place a specific family in the snowiest region.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would say, it's the Windenburg.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm currently playing in Brindleton Bay and it's been white all winter. But I think Windenburg is quite snowy as well.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Newcrest seems to get a lot of snow. Brindleton Bay seems to get a lot of rain and snow weather too.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Any world that looks like it, I'd say. I haven't played in all worlds enough to be sure, but I'd say that Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno get much snow, as well as Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook. Newcrest might be a safe bet as well. Those with the least snow are the obvious ones like Sulani (duh), StrangerVille, Oasis Springs and Del Sol Valley (though I've seen snow in the latter ones on rare occasions). If you want much snow, I'd move to Windenburg, Myshuno or Glimmerbrook.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning towards Windenburg at the moment or possibly Newcrest. I knew which places are least likely to snow, I just wasn't sure if some are particularly prone to it. Granite Falls gets a lot, I know, but I can't make sims live there.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Any world where you have your sim use Dr. June's Weather Control Device I guess? You can have snow everyday of the year if you want. (Disclaimer: success depends on handiness skill, a few upgrades, and a bit of luck ;) )
    1ZQrEDb.png
  • Options
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Any world where you have your sim use Dr. June's Weather Control Device I guess? You can have snow everyday of the year if you want. (Disclaimer: success depends on handiness skill, a few upgrades, and a bit of luck ;) )
    1ZQrEDb.png

Haha oh yeah! I use it occasionally, usually to avoid rain. I don't really use it to control the weather all the time.
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Hmm, Would you like a snowy area? Like, a ski resort with a small hamlet and maybe a small Inuit tribe?
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning towards Windenburg at the moment or possibly Newcrest. I knew which places are least likely to snow, I just wasn't sure if some are particularly prone to it. Granite Falls gets a lot, I know, but I can't make sims live there.

In case you're interested, there's a mod that lets you turn the vacation worlds into regular neighborhoods. It also works the other around, so you could make Sulani a vacation spot, for example.

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hmm, Would you like a snowy area? Like, a ski resort with a small hamlet and maybe a small Inuit tribe?

It's not what I'm after this time, but I wouldn't rule it out buying a pack like that at the moment. I am (yet again) thinking of a game inspired by Westeros (in the modern day), and of course House Stark must live in a snowy area. I really need to stop doing Westeros themed games but I thought of a way I can build up a world from scratch over time without it (hopefully) driving me to boredom within a couple of generations.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

In case you're interested, there's a mod that lets you turn the vacation worlds into regular neighborhoods. It also works the other around, so you could make Sulani a vacation spot, for example.

I definitely need to look into that. I'm not sure Granite Falls is quite big enough for my purposes but I love the idea of Sulani as a vacation world. In an older save I changed a couple of the homes to rental properties so sims could use them as holiday homes.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Brindleton Bay. I also had a lot of snow in Willow Creek.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options

I definitely need to look into that. I'm not sure Granite Falls is quite big enough for my purposes but I love the idea of Sulani as a vacation world. In an older save I changed a couple of the homes to rental properties so sims could use them as holiday homes.

I just looked it up, it's the World Type Changes Mod from Zerbu. I used it for Sulani once and it worked really well. I'll probably also use the Selvadorada one since I plan to make one of my sims an adventurer, and I'd rather just let her live there so I don't have to spend so much money on vacations all the time :D

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I just looked it up, it's the World Type Changes Mod from Zerbu. I used it for Sulani once and it worked really well. I'll probably also use the Selvadorada one since I plan to make one of my sims an adventurer, and I'd rather just let her live there so I don't have to spend so much money on vacations all the time :D

Thank you. I'm not on my PC at the moment but I will definitely check it out this week. L) I once had a "homeless" sim that lived in a former public toilet but spent a lot of time in Granite Falls searching for herbs. If I'd known of the mod he might have just lived in Granite Falls instead.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I'd say Windenburg followed by Newcrest. Winters can be good in my Willow Creek too, so might be a 3rd.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Windenburg, Glimmerbrook & Forgotten Hollow have beautiful winters.