Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle adventure: how to explore all the jungle

For some reason there are some ports in the jungle always closed for my sim, no matter how many times I revisit. I've done multiple vacations and reached the top of the archeology skillset but can't explore the whole jungle. Have any other players experienced the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It is completely random AFAIK, so my guess is that you have bad luck.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Agree with the random. Sooner or later have made it to all the locations, though some seem to be closed more often than others.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are always two closed gates during any of your visits, and it's pretty random which those two will be, other than the temple which is always open. the gate to the royal baths may also always be open, i don't remember if i've ever seen it locked
    not including the temple, i believe there are five gates (one hidden behind another)...

first is next to the crashed plane and is one of the more frequent to be closed for me

the one i consider next even though it's the furthest away is the one to the right of the temple entrance... this is the one that's been locked the most in my game, and it leads to an island with access to the higher level ja-specific fish in it (and some crocodiles)

the one to the far left after crossing the bridge leads to the royal baths, and it has another gate behind it which leads to the royal gardens (with multiples of all the harvestable ja plants). if the gate to the baths is closed, you won't have access to the gardens at all (which has me believe the baths gate may never be closed either, but i honestly can't remember if it can)

right next to and just above the gate to the royal baths is another potentially closed gate, this leads to the pools at the base of the waterfall from the baths. it's got another good fishing spot (and some crocs) as well as a decent number of mineral spawners

so, basically, you'll be able to eventually explore every area, given time and enough times revisiting. but you'll never be able to explore the whole island on one trip, since it's set up so there will always be some areas blocked off with each trip. just random which ones will be blocked
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have never had the baths closed. The most frequentlly closed ones I've encountered are: the airplane, the gardens behind baths, and the far to the right fishing spot.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    There is usually one closed for me each time I go to visit it and that's because I don't really bother opening it since I'm just usually aiming for the temples. But yes, they are very random, I think it's mostly to help cut down on boredom when visiting the jungle for multiple vacations.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios