Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help removing trait?

So I had this one sim with the non-committal trait - which I find extremely annoying - so I removed it in CAS. Which, yes, wasn't a great idea and I should've just removed it with the cheat but well. The trait obviously didn't disappear, so I tried the re-traiting potion. Still didn't work. Can anyone tell me what else I can do to get rid of it? Other than just deleting this sim altogether? :sweat_smile:

Thx :)

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    You used the cas.fulleditmode cheat?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes :(
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I you decide to use the cheat after all, keep in mind that the trait's name is CommitmentIssues and not Noncommittal in the game files. So the command is traits.remove_trait trait_CommitmentIssues.

(Maybe you knew this already. Myself I used the cheat a dozen of times with the wrong name.)
  • Options
    I tried the cheat with commitmentissues many times but without success :( The game doesn't appear to think there's anything to remove, even if the buffs remain. It's very irritating ..
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've had this a few times with some sims (mostly downloaded from the gallery, but a few of my early sims, too) and what i tend to have to do is re-add the trait via cheats, then remove it again. that should clear it up
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I really want to keep playing with this family but I cannot take one more day of this sim feeling tense about his commitments 🙄
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i've had this a few times with some sims (mostly downloaded from the gallery, but a few of my early sims, too)

Actually it's J Hungtinton III if that makes a difference. Shame on me for messing with EA premades! 😂
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Did you type in testingcheats first? Or do you mean the trait effects don't disappear?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Did you type in testingcheats first? Or do you mean the trait effects don't disappear?

Yes, sorry, I meant the trait effects. Technically, the trait is "gone", but none of its buffs are, so it kinda acts like a hidden trait I guess. And yes, I always use testingcheats first.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    You might have to use retraiting potion while he still has the trait. In my test save hidden buff and both commodities triggered by it are now gone.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    You might have to use retraiting potion while he still has the trait. In my test save hidden buff and both commodities triggered by it are now gone.

Thanks again everyone, this worked. We're finally free of J's tense lifestyle. To compensate for all the frustration he caused, I gave him the stoic trait lol
  • Options
    Now the most annoying thing he does is talk during family movie night <3
    BuSYiVD.png