Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for business

I would love to have the pack 'Open for Business' exacly like sims 2 with real cash registers , beauty salons , flowershops and home business where my sim could live above their own bar or toy store. Real restaraunts where you can control all the aspects including cooking.
I don't even care if it's exactly the same that way it won't be ruined by something stupid.
Anyone else miss this as much as I do ?
Laugh out loud. Often

Comments

• Options
    TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    I agree that “Open for Business” was great, but we already have a pack for that, “Dine Out”.
    We don’t need an additional pack but we do need “Dine Out” to be improved greatly. It would be nice to add...

-The ability to send home & set different arrival times for specific employees.

Example: we don’t need the host or sometimes the chef to stick around for the last customers eating. Setting arrival times when your restaurant has 2 waiters & 2 cooks for when the restaurant gets busier or slows down.

-The owner being able to actively participate as host, waiter, & chef. ( I was left astounded when I bought Dine Out to find the owner couldn’t do a thing except to greet customers and clear tables. It’s very frustrating!)

-Family Business! Being able to hire your own family and friends. Heck, even being able to hire other sims that you’ve created that have no association with your current household is better than random & pre-made sims available for hire.

-Having more food options available to add to the menu.

Example: Include all existing baked goods & recipes that can be made at home. (Not a huge deal, but to have more vegan options that actually consist of greens. I tried making a vegan restaurant but had to pad the menu with bread and stuff that didn’t exactly fit the healthy theme.)

-Being able to use the coffee bar in Dine Out.

-Being able to run a café style business where customers must grab their own food from the chef station OR coffee bar. ( Places like Hotdog Stand & Bakeries need this severely!)

-More lot types to accurately attract sims to a specific public lot.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Yeah you're looking at Get to Work and Dine Out, which are already in the game. And there is the hair dressing station in Get Famous...
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes I know we have a half baked version of Open for Business but it's nowhere near as good as the real thing.
    Another thing, I have never been in a shop where I just stand there and wait for someone to ring up a sale in the middle of the store. Could you imagine standing in a grocery store and the sales associates come to you to ring up your purchase?? It's just dumb that they don't line up at the cash register.
    Post edited by Frn0731 on
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    @Frn0731 I feel your pain, but new packs stacked on only creates more problems. It's realistic for them to change existing packs with updates, but not for them to make new redundant packs. I am constantly having to struggle with the fact that the people at the top in charge of the developers don't give a hoot about improvements. The developers work for the Big Boss who call all the shots. The poor devs are all cought up in the middle of this mess and have no control over the final say.

I am completely on your side, but if you want real change I beleive the devs are more likely to "tweak" an existing pack with your suggestions.
    We only have a chance to compromise with this game without a backbone we call TS4.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @VicariousHuman Well then I hope we get that Electrono-Ticket Machine so we can charge a cover charge for theatres and bars , lounges , pools, gyms and anything else we can think of . And a cash register that works properly. baby steps...
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    > @Frn0731 said:
    > @VicariousHuman Well then I hope we get that Electrono-Ticket Machine so we can charge a cover charge for theatres and bars , lounges , pools, gyms and anything else we can think of . And a cash register that works properly. baby steps...

haha, Right on!