Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plum It, Let's do our own 20th anniversary thing

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    @CaptainElsa
    DeKay wrote: »
    I like the first idea but what kinda challenges can we do based on TS1...? 🤔

Maybe something like this...
    Start with a single player or a Sims 1 family at a starting fund of 20,000. Turn autonomy off, turn aging off, skip the toddler stage, live in a boxed type home, and pick one aspiration to fulfill for that sim or each sim in the household.
    You can NOT CHEAT and NO TRAIT REWARDS(for example steel bladder, antiseptic, hardly hungry etc.)

Sims 1 is a very straight forward game. But for me it is the most challenging of the games because it was hard to keep needs fulfilled while completeing their aspiration.

Or conversely, leave autonomy on full, but do not control the sim in any way except to put them in to a career. THEN see how they handle their eating, sleeping, hygiene on their own.

The only control you can take is to get them to do any job related tasks. Other than that, just let them go to work smelly, hungry, tired. lol

THAT's like sims one! And then in 20 days, see how far they've progressed. Oh! and no changing their work status from normal.

ETA: also no fixing broken things!

I used to love doing this (when in a perverse mood) in the Sims. However in 4 I find if I do leave then a notice pops up re: work etc and doesn't go away so game can't continue? I think 3 was the same. Or am I not waiting long enough?

A notice pops up that their work starts in an hour. Then they usually just go. It pops up in their que and they go.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    If it was going to be 4 generations, I think we would need to have households have at least one child. Although in early years that was risky, best to have 2 if you don't want to fail ;):D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    @CaptainElsa

Start with a single player or a Sims 1 family at a starting fund of 20,000. Turn autonomy off, turn aging off, skip the toddler stage, live in a boxed type home, and pick one aspiration to fulfill for that sim or each sim in the household.
    You can NOT CHEAT and NO TRAIT REWARDS(for example steel bladder, antiseptic, hardly hungry etc.)

Sims 1 is a very straight forward game. But for me it is the most challenging of the games because it was hard to keep needs fulfilled while completeing their aspiration.

Or conversely, leave autonomy on full, but do not control the sim in any way except to put them in to a career. THEN see how they handle their eating, sleeping, hygiene on their own.

The only control you can take is to get them to do any job related tasks. Other than that, just let them go to work smelly, hungry, tired. lol

THAT's like sims one! And then in 20 days, see how far they've progressed. Oh! and no changing their work status from normal.

This is a great idea. Would it be a new household created in CAS? Including adults, teens, kids, and toddlers?

Yeah, but just remember, TS1 doesn't have teens and toddlers. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    If it was going to be 4 generations, I think we would need to have households have at least one child. Although in early years that was risky, best to have 2 if you don't want to fail ;):D

In Sims 2 the social worker takes all children and toddlers, even if only one is suffering. So in that game having more than one offspring at the same wouldn't help. The same, I think, goes for Sims 1. As always I'm not sure about Sims 3.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

In Sims 2 the social worker takes all children and toddlers, even if only one is suffering. So in that game having more than one offspring at the same wouldn't help. The same, I think, goes for Sims 1. As always I'm not sure about Sims 3.

Forgot about that!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I just like the idea of making a Bob and Betty Newbie for Sims4. I don't really remember what Bob Newbie looked like but the stained t-shirt (I imagined it was pizza) and gut, and...was he bald? I don't remember. One thing I do remember was how perfect it always was: no weather, no flies (I HATED the buzzing flies once they added that! I hope they don't ever add it back again!). But it would be so boring to play it now.

@Nushnushganay he WAS bald. and had a pretty robust goatee.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

I used to love doing this (when in a perverse mood) in the Sims. However in 4 I find if I do leave then a notice pops up re: work etc and doesn't go away so game can't continue? I think 3 was the same. Or am I not waiting long enough?[/quote]

A notice pops up that their work starts in an hour. Then they usually just go. It pops up in their que and they go. [/quote]

Sorry work wasnt what i meant to say my mind went blank. Things like a notice that pauses the game like work assignment and you have to accept or cancel for it to go away.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

True but they have the same baby objects. Plus with teens looking like young adults and adults and elders anyways, could still work. Not like the Sims 1 is that different from the Sims 4 age looking wise. It is super easy to make an elder look like a teen.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited February 2020
    @CaptainElsa

This is a great idea. Would it be a new household created in CAS? Including adults, teens, kids, and toddlers?

I forgot that it didn't have teens... It doesn't have elders either. It was just 3 life stages baby, child, adult. I haven't played Sims 1 in a long time and when I did play I usually just played with 1 sim and tried to do everything in the game. Unfortunately one of my disks is messed up and so it won't upload anymore.

To edit the challenge you could only play with those life stages if you want. Not sure on what the OP has decided for an official challenge. However if you wanna honor Sims2 as well then just go through all the life stages except for young adult unless using University.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Fiddeliz

Agnes Crumplebottom

That's hilarious!!! :D
    I love it!

8VMKs6b.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimAlexandria
    I'd say for TS1-TS4 I've still to this day have played an enormous amount of time on the computer (in the most unhealthy way possible) and have yet to find reasons to complain wholeheartedly. However, even though TS1 is downloadable to the public, I do wish that I hadn't let my friend's brother break it due to heated meltdown. 🤷🏾‍♀️ (Don't ask why, I was stupid. A child.) I was so addicted, that I couldn't go a full day without playing it.