Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ROM- How to get Magical Tomes?

I've been playing a new witch sim and I was looking on the computer and bookshelf to purchase the Magical Tomes but I couldn't find it. I know when I first got ROM I'm positive I was able to purchase them from the pc and bookshelves. Is there another way of getting them aside from searching bookshelves for them?

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    One of the vendors in Castor's Alley in the Realm of Magic sell them. (I'm not sure if that's the right name of the area but it's something like that).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    You can go to the headquarters, click on a bookcase, and chose the 'search for tomes' option.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    thank you both but i'm still sure we could do purchase them on the pc oh well gives me a reason to send my witch to castor alley lol
  • Options
    I don't remember that being a thing, but you can purchase vampire tomes on the PC. Is it possible that is what you're remembering?
  • Options
    maybe but than again everything can be purchased on the pc so maybe i just assumed that's how my family of witch sims got them.
  • Options
    Fair point. After that mention, I'm surprised it's not, but then I guess they have to give us some reason to travel there. ;)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No, you can't buy them on the computer. As others have said, the non-cheaty options are the tome store in Caster's Alley, or searching book shelves at the HQ.

The cheat-y option is to enable testingcheats, and then enter the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects. You can then place any tomes from the debug menu.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I try to create adventurous fun ways for my spell casters to obtain Tomes, and ingredients alike.
    So my founding Spellcasters Built a library, So if future generations or spell casters I create down the road, need to learn spells, I have every spell book available.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    @MasonGamer ooohhh a Spellcastors Library is a great idea! I may need to use this idea, I was thinking of building a shop that sold all the magical things like the tomes, wands, brooms, etc but a library is a good idea!