Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Studio Transparency

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
How engaged do you feel so far with the development of The Sims 4? Does the team behind the game lack in communication between the players? Or are you satisfied with the current flow?
  • This is of course excluding any signed documents that require some form of confidentiality.
  • Staff meaning: Actual Sims Studio Staff / SimGurus. Not outsourced EA Community Managers or Moderators or other employees that have no relevance to The Sims Studio.
  • To elaborate about the live streams: The Gurus/Sims Studio speaking with the community about the direction of the game, acknowledging feedback and discussing any survey polls created.
wB2Zykl.jpg

The Sims Studio Transparency 32 votes

I am fine with the way it is.
34%
BluegayleLeGardePourpresimgirl1010luthienrisingAquariusMomThangwenAnnLee87AriaMad2SimmyFroggyKimmerElliandre 11 votes
I would like to see more transparency between The Sims Studio. More engagement from the staff on the forums, a proper road-map & weekly live streams to discuss about game development.
65%
GoldmoldarIcewolfColorist40damageincracingthecatsredHestiamotdkmikawagbenson2006ScobreStarfreeStrawberryYogurtChazzzyKoteykaCheekyimpListentoToppDogg_natalieGordypopstarsleySigma1202 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    While sometimes it is confusing to be at like this, I love to be surprised. 20th Anniversary is coming on Feb 4 and they are more likely to post a blog and even a patch since it's tuesday, and I can't wait to see what content they had for the anniversary
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I prefer to be surprised. I'm fine with the current DLC notifications. Loved how they just dropped Tiny Living on us.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think they do it this way because of legal issues. Telling us stuff before a pack is finalized is risky. The bigwigs may change stuff beyond the control of the developers. I like it the way it is. I mean think about it. Sometimes they may work on something that gets scrapped. If we already knew they were working on something and it got canceled or delayed it would cause an uproar.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am a person who does extensive research before purchasing anything. So, I never get any game at launch. Mostly, any content I buy is on sale months to years after release. So I will always require more than they can legally give. It is one reason I never am satisfied with what they say.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    It's cool to know what's coming and follow social media profiles, but the surprise of a game release is more exciting and I'm totally fine with the way it is, or even with no information. I lived happily in my own little Sim world and the survey was the first time I even heard from them in like, oh, 20 years :o I mean, I still remember Will Wright's interviews about Sims 1 lol.